Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Penny is gone

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    • KatnipCrzy
      Participant
      2981 posts Send Private Message

My sweet little Penny, who was my shyest bunny yet was a little firecracker passed away today in my arms.  She was my petite little bunny who I refered to as my “widdle” (little) bunny since she was so tiny (just over 3 lbs) and the most likely to “widdle” (pee) to mark her territory when she was out of her pen at night.

Her decline was so fast that I did not have time to prepare for her death, and it feels so odd to have my world come crashing down around me with grief- yet the rest of the world that did not know my sweet little bunny continues on as if nothing tragic has happened.

https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tab…spx#107490

I can’t believe that she is gone, I think I am still numb with the shock of losing her.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Katnip, I am so sorry to hear little Penny is gone. I think it’s harder too when it’s unexpected.

I will light a candle for pretty Penny so she can cross the Rainbow Bridge and be whole again.

• jerseygirl
          22345 posts Send Private Message

Oh no Julie! I feel your shock as I have just entered it myself. I know you posted just yesterday about Penny being a bit off colour but this… I’m so, so sorry. Many Hugs (((Julie))) Binky free sweet Penny – gone swiftly to the bridge from loving arms.

• bigsis7
            Participant
            732 posts Send Private Message

OMGSH! I’m so sorry! *hugs*

• jerseygirl
              22345 posts Send Private Message

I had no idea she was so little.  I went back and found this picture of her that I love.

With 3lbs now in mind & this pic, I can just see what a little one she was.  I need to turn in for the night…this image has put a smile on my face after this sad news.  Hope you can find those special pictures and memories sometime soon and be able to smile too.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

*Big Hugs* Katnip for you and your family
                  I’m so sorry she’s gone. I can relate to the heartbreak and the shock of losing somebunny so special so suddenly. For little bunnies they sure leave a big hole in our hearts when they go to the bridge. *Binky Free Penny*

“Some pets come into our lives and quietly go……

others leave paw prints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same”

• TARM
                  Participant
                  1253 posts Send Private Message

Oh no, I’m so sorry. Why is such a big wave of loss sweeping over us as a group right now?

• Miyuki
                    Participant
                    240 posts Send Private Message

Oh I’m so sorry! My condolences to you and all those that loved her.

• Daisy1029
                      Participant
                      77 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear about Penny. I know it must be hard on you and your other ‘furbabies’. My baby Benjamin and I send our thoughts and prayers to you and your family. We will keep Penny in our thoughts as well as she crosses the Rainbow Bridge.

• BinkyBunny
                        8776 posts Send Private Message

I am just so sorry to hear this. At least she was with you, and of course she was so loved. All that a bunny could ever asked for.
                          Binky Free Penny!

Hugs to you as I know all too well how hard this is for you right now.

• babybunsmum
                          Participant
                          3896 posts Send Private Message

i’m so so sorry that you lost penny. that is just terrible. sending you lots and lots of condolensces. (((hugs)))

• MimzMum
                            Participant
                            8029 posts Send Private Message

OMG, she looks like Mimzy! I think I just saw your healing vibes thread last night, but don’t recall if I replied to it. *goes to check*

Jeez, that had to have been terribly scary. How can they go so quick? It’s so unfair.

I am so sorry Kat. My prayers are with you and dear Penny. May she find many happy binkies at the foot of the Bridge! (opens a window for a candle)
                              http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=8209359

• 2lops
                              Participant
                              347 posts Send Private Message

Oh I’m soo sorry for your loss Katnip! may Penny rest in Peace♥
                                :'(

• KatnipCrzy
                                Participant
                                2981 posts Send Private Message

We cleaned Pennys cage today- dog crate- and folded it up and put it away.  I thought I would be worse than what it actually was.  I do realize that while I only had her for 6 months, I gave her the best life that she could have had during those 6 months.  I think Cotton and Schroeder- who are penned next to each other know that something is “different”- last night they were jumping on the couch to visit more often than usual- they seemed to realize that I “needed” some bunny love.

And Penny’s cage was just across the room from them- so they were always able to see her- so I think they realize that she is gone. 

• BinkyBunny
                                  8776 posts Send Private Message

Oh ugh that is tough, but I am glad it wasn’t as bad for you as you thought it would be. I have no doubt she had the best life a bunny could have. A wonderful gift. I’m glad that your other two gave you some extra bunny love! Nose rubs and bunny whiskers always makes things better.

• Sarita
                                    Participant
                                    18851 posts Send Private Message

It’s always hard to do that (clean the cage and stuff – it feels so final and so sad to me when I have to do this but I know I have to do it and move on – they will always be there even when their stuff is gone). I’m glad Cotton and Schroeder are giving you extra love too.

• LittlePuffyTail
                                      18092 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful friend. It’s such heartbreak saying goodbye.

—-Binky Free Little Penny—-

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Penny is gone