Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE RIP Dawn, Stealth Demon Ninja Assassin Bunneh

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bladesmith
      Participant
      849 posts Send Private Message

Sorry, I’ve been gone so long, I’ve been doing stuff.

Our beloved Dawn, the notorious Stealth Demon Ninja Assassin Bunneh, has crossed the Rainbow Bridge at age 9 (?).  As many of you know, she’d suffered a nasty bout of E.Cuniculi a couple years ago, and suffered from seizures because of it.  With a lot of care, she’d gotten better, but not great, the seizures became less frequent but never went away.

Well, she made it through my daughter’s Christmas visit, but was clearly going downhill during that time.  I took her to the vet’s on the 3rd of January, after noting that she could barely walk, had gone blind in one eye, and couldn’t get to food or water unless I put it in front of her.  Her body weight had gone from two and a half pounds to .9 pounds.  The night before, she had another seizure, and it was a rough one.  When she came out of it, she began licking my hands frantically, something she never did, and I knew she was asking me to make the hurt stop.

She was suffering, and it was time.  So I did the needful thing.  For her.  And as I write this, weeks later, I’m still sobbing.  She was SO small, but had such a huge personality.  She wrecked my carpets (Not her fault), chased the and beat up the cat, dominated her much larger brother, ATE my favorite pair of lounge pants, and sneakily chewed holes in my sweat pants under the guise of hopping under my raised legs and booping me on my butt to say “Hi! Passing through!”, leaving me to walk outside one day to talk to a neighbor not knowing there were holes until I turned around.   And I know she laughed her little bunneh laugh.

I’ll miss you Dawn.  You were one of a kind.  You went from being a scared, angry, cage bound rabbit to being a saucy, sassy, full of personality house bun who knew she was large and in charge.

Frith Knows Every Rabbit.

My heart has joined the thousands, for my friend stopped running today.

Pictured, her saucy majesty, and her memorial.  Best I could do in the frozen, snowy weather, and I’ll make it better when it warms up.

• Bam
        16871 posts Send Private Message

Bladesmith, I’m so sorry for your loss.

How pretty she was! A huge personality in the tiniest of rabbits.

9 years is an admirable age for a bun, especially a bun that had e cuniculi. I remember when she had all those seizures. Such a strong girl!

• Bladesmith
          Participant

Thanks Bam.  Nice to see you all again.  She was a fighter, all the way through.

• LBJ10
            16898 posts Send Private Message

Bladesmith, I’m so sorry to hear this. Dawn was beautiful. You did a good job getting her as far as you did.

• GlennTheLionhead
              Participant
              361 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss.

What a beautiful little bunny and she clearly had the most fun personality!

Binky free Dawn.

• Bladesmith
                Participant

Thank you everyone.

I forgot to add how wonderful my vet office was.  Dawn and Loki were unofficially adopted as their office bunnies, and I can bring neither of them in without them getting spoiled rotten.   They adored Dawn, and she was always so good for them.  While I was waiting for the vet to come in, every single tech that worked with her over the years came in to love on her, and give me their condolences.  When the vet finally came in, he told me that had he known it was Dawn, he’d have been in even sooner.  He loved her too.  She managed to charm the socks off the whole office.

After it was over, and I had taken her home and buried her, I received a card from the office.  Now, I’m sure they do this for everyone, but I was touched that everyone who knew Dawn had signed it personally, and told me how much they’ll miss her.  They also included a book, “Dewey the Library Cat” which I’m sure is about losing a beloved pet, and that I can’t read right now.

A good vet is worth their weight in gold.

• Bam
                  16871 posts Send Private Message

That sounds like a truly wonderful vet clinic!

My little Vilde was put to sleep during one of our more strict periods of covid restrictions (they go back and forth a lot), I’m glad I even got to be with him.

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                    Participant
                    2512 posts Send Private Message

She was such a beauty, and a spirited one at that! I’m so sorry to hear that her time came 😥

In her worst moments she also got closer to you instead of secluding herself. This tells so much about your special bond!

It’s very touching when your bunnies are so adored by the vets. They see so much misery. When they see beautiful happy bunnies like Dawn and Loki it really makes their day.

I’ll miss hearing about her antics and squeeing over her beautiful pictures. She was such a handsome bunny!

Binky free, sweet Dawn!

• DanaNM
                      8930 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry 🙁 , sweet feisty little Dawn. I’ve often joked that Nethies compensate for their tiny ear size with their big personalities, and I think Dawn fits my theory well!

(((Binky free Dawn)))

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• jerseygirl
                        22342 posts Send Private Message

Im sorry to see this, Bladesmith. It’s never an easy thing to face.

Sweet Dawn. The quintessential Netherland dwarf rabbit! She had a good long life with you and your daughter. She’s probably happily hopping around after Clover again now.

Im glad your daughter got to spend time with her before she went over the bridge.

How is Loki getting on without his little friend?

• Bladesmith
                            Participant

@Jerseygirl:

He’s doing ok.  The first few days after he was bereft, barely ate, kept looking for her.  Now he’s back to himself, but he’s gotten more cuddly towards me.  I spent a half hour last night with him next to me, giving him head rubs and scritches, and I wasn’t allowed to stop.  He’ll be ok.

This spring, when the weather warms and the ground dries up some, I’m taking on the duty of cleaning up the pet graveyard of my development.  Gonna put up a nicer fence, and put pavers down between the graves and make it up nice.

• BunnyLass568
                            Participant
                            445 posts Send Private Message

So sorry this is late but I’m do super sorry for your loss 💔 So much sass in such a small bunny! I believe she’s having fun with some bunny friends and being a bunny boss

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, Feb-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, Sep-14-2020), Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, Aug-3-2022) Blossom (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-7-2024) Thumper (6 year old bunny breed(s) unknown, April-12-2024)💔💔💔💔

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE RIP Dawn, Stealth Demon Ninja Assassin Bunneh