Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Pepe has gone to the Bridge

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sarita
      Participant
      18851 posts Send Private Message

I’m not sure exactly what happened – I rushed him to my vet last night – he had distressed breathing and was wheezing and wouldn’t move.

My vet did some x-rays and thought heart disease.  He had me take him to the emergency clinic that specializes in rabbits.  They put him on oxygen and tried a heart med on him.

I’m going to pick him up this morning and have my vet do a necropsy on him. 

It sucks and I’m sad. 

• kralspace
        Participant
        2663 posts Send Private Message

oh Sarita,

I’m shocked and so very sorry about Pepe! I don’t even know what to say except I know it hurts terribly. He always sounded like such a character and I know you loved him so much it just makes me cry reading this.

I’ll light a candle for him and you, you know how much you mean to everyone here, you’re in my thoughts and prayers, too
          Binky free, Pepe

Kathy

I’ve started a candle group for Pepe, he’ll have plenty to light his way to the bridge

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles…mp;gi=Pepe

• AbbyGirl
          Participant
          921 posts Send Private Message

Sarita, I am sooo sorry to hear about Pepe. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Heather&BabsyBooboo
            Participant
            120 posts Send Private Message

So sorry to hear Sarita. I’ve lit a candle in Krals group and am thinking of you x

• Karla
              Participant
              1624 posts Send Private Message

Oh, Sarita, I am very sorry to read this. I have been reading all your posts on Pepe, and it was just so obvious how much he meant to you. I know he was a special bunny.

My heart goes out to you and I know the pain you are going through. Pepe is resting in peace now – looking down on you thankful for all the things you have helped him through. He could not have had a better bunny mum than you.

Rest in peace, Pepe – and have a nice journey over the bridge.

“My heart has joined the Thousand for my friend stopped running today” – Watership Down.

• Scarlett
                Participant
                25 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to hear this!

• bunnyluvr
                  Participant
                  409 posts Send Private Message

Binky free sweet Pepe!

• babybunsmum
                    Participant
                    3896 posts Send Private Message

(((((((((sarita)))))))))

i’m so so sorry to read this. poor sweet pepe. he was so well cared for by you. no one couldve done a better job looking after his chronic issues. big warm hugs of comfort to you.

binky free pepe!!! enjoy your new perfect teeth <3

• LittlePuffyTail
                      18092 posts Send Private Message

My sincere condolences on your loss. You were the greatest bunny Mommy he could have had. “Hugs”

(((((Binky Free Pepe)))))))

• mrmac
                        Participant
                        2156 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear about Pepe, Sarita! He was so lucky to have such a loving bunny mum that loved him dearly. You did so much for him, he was a special guy. My thoughts are with you Sarita. Binky free Pepe.

• Monkeybun
                          Participant
                          10479 posts Send Private Message

Oh no I burst into tears when I saw this thread Poor little Pepe…

Binky Free little man. Watch over your mama from the bridge.

• bunnymum16
                            Participant
                            429 posts Send Private Message

binky free Pepe.

• lashkay
                              Participant
                              1548 posts Send Private Message

My condolences. Healing vibes to you…

• LoveChaCha
                                Participant
                                6634 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry
                                  Binky free bunny

• Lintini
                                  Participant
                                  3329 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry Sarita, I’ll be thinking of you Best wishes

*hugs* Binky Free Pepe

• MimzMum
                                    Participant
                                    8029 posts Send Private Message

Oh Sarita, I am so sorry to read this! ((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

I agree with the others, Pepe couldn’t have had a better bunny mom. I am certain he is smiling down upon you and will be watching over you as you have him all these years.

Bless you. I will keep you in my prayers and I lit a candle for dear Pepe also.
                                      http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=11945692

I love that quote from WD, Karla. It really says it all.

• Deleted User
                                      Participant
                                      22064 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry Sarita. I loved what a character he was, so strong-tempered as you always described him. He was a happy bunny though with you, getting to be free-range and digging at your sheets! I am sad for you. I didn’t expect him to go at all, I thought it was just going to be another dental appointment he had to recover from.

Binky free Pepe!
                                        (I never did get to find out how you pronounced his name)

• jerseygirl
                                        22338 posts Send Private Message

Oh Sarita!    I’m so saddened to be reading this today. My hearfelt condolences to you in losing your little buddy.  Too many good-byes for you this year.

I really enjoy hearing about funny Pepe.   He will be missed!    Know he is free of his troubles now and can binky to his hearts delight.  Though he may just find a soft place to snooze the days away if he so wishes it.

• Beka27
                                          Participant
                                          16016 posts Send Private Message

Oh no! I was just about to log out and I happened to scroll down further and saw his name in the subject line… :o(

I am so, so sorry Sarita. Pepe was such a special guy and I can imagine how much you’re going to miss him. He was certainly a strong-willed rabbit who knew what he wanted and made sure to get it! And he could not have asked for a better person to love him thru out his life. It’s so amazing that you took all the ones no one else cared to have and you made them yours and gave them your all.

So much loss in such a short time, hugs for you.

(((Binky free Pepe!)))

• RabbitPam
                                            11002 posts Send Private Message

I am tearing up as I write this, just logged on this morning and saw this first.
                                              I have lit a candle for Pepe, who was so courageous and meant so much to you. It’s been an awful year for your bunnies, but they have the best momma slave ever.

• bunnytowne
                                              Participant
                                              7537 posts Send Private Message

OH nooo poor Pepe.     That was strange.     You  had just made a comment on thinkng that this teeth problems are shortening his life. 

I wish that wasn’t true.     Pepe  you aren’t in pain anymore fellow.   You left us all too soon.

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Sarita
                                                Participant

Thank you everyone. I had become very attached to this big old bunny because he was so high maintenance and he was quite a character! He kind of had a sweet and a sour side to him.

The vet did a necropsy and we are sending out some tissues for a histology. She said that his heart did look larger than norma and that he had blood in his lungs (she is not sure if that was before or after his death). She said his liver and kidneys didn’t look right – kind of splotchy and red and yellow – moreso than she would have thought for his age. So we are sending out samples of his heart, lungs, liver and kidney. She warned me that they may or may not produce anything which I knew but that if it does, it could be helpful.

• KatnipCrzy
                                                  Participant
                                                  2981 posts Send Private Message

Sarita-

I am so sorry to hear about Pepe.  You gave him the amazing gift of life with a true friend.  Not many other owners would have dealt with his dental issues let alone his quirky behavior.  It is often the ones that can be the most “difficult” that leaves the biggest pawprint on our hearts.

My Condolences-

Julie, Cotton, Schroeder and Griffin

• cactuspancake
                                                    Participant
                                                    536 posts Send Private Message

Binky free Pepe! I will imagine a log cabin built of carrots for him filled with his favorite yummy treats and your pets of course! Feel better <3

• kralspace
                                                      Participant
                                                      2663 posts Send Private Message

Katnip said it perfectly, sometimes it’s our wild child that steals our hearts the most. I’ve mailed a donation to your friends piggy rescue in Pepe’s name. Be kind to yourself, Sarita.

• Sarita
                                                        Participant

Kathy, that is so kind! Thank you so much for the donation.

It’s true those wild child’s do have a way of stealing our hearts.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                          Participant
                                                          12067 posts Send Private Message

Oh Sarita I just saw this. I am so sorry to hear this. Pepe was a special guy, and I loved hearing about him when you posted about him. He had the best home a bunny could ask for-he was lucky to have you and rest assured he’s looking down on your from the bridge and smiling.
                                                            I lit a candle. *HUGS*

Binky Free Pepe

• BinkyBunny
                                                            8776 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to be so late on this. Sarita, I’m so sorry. It’s so difficult when something like this happens so fast and unexpectedly. I hope the necropsy offers some sort of answers for you, but I know sometimes they can create more questions too — like you though, I always like to know more if possible. But one thing that is known for sure is how lucky Pepe was – to have a wonderful life loved by you.

Viewing 27 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Pepe has gone to the Bridge