Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Not too new but I like the introduction idea…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    • Jenna, Chubs & Comet
      Participant
      617 posts Send Private Message

Well I’ve been taking advantage of the threads since we got Chubs but I just like this idea of formal introduction- then it’s easy to remember which members have which bunnies (or the other way around…haha).

Chubs is a fawn colored Holland Lop. He’s about 1 1/2 years old and neutered. I found him on craigslist, a girl who was graduating college and said she couldn’t take him with her when she moved. She did take excellent care of him though. He was a house bunny with her from about 7 weeks and she did a good job potty training him and got him neutered an everything. I think she was sad to give him up, but I send her pictures once in a while.

How to describe the personality of Chubs…he can be very lovey when he wants to be. Particularly when he is sleepy, he loves to sit next to you or crawl on your lap and let you give him a good rub down. He can also be very grumpy-like and not want much to do with you for that while except to be in the same room. He doesn’t like to be picked up like most rabbits and will give you a good thump when you put him down to remind you! He loves to do binkies and zooms and mostly he loves to eat! When I get up in the morning and he knows I’m going to give him half of his veggies and some pellets..he runs circles around my feet and waits while I load up his bowl, and then chases me from the kitchen edge (because he won’t step foot on tile) to his corner where I put his bowl down. Then he immediatly eats all the veggies and leaves the pellets for about an hour…then eats those too. His favorite veggies are cilantro, parsley, romaine lettuce and cellery. He also loves his hay- quite the little eater!

He has some quirks which I love. I mentioned the tile. I can put a blanket or rug in the middle of the kitchen and he will run around the edge for a while and eventually give up and lay down. He absolutely will not cross the tile, doesn’t matter if it’s two feet or four inches. He will stay put on the nice safe cloth. He loves his cardboard boxes and sleeps in the little tunnel one we’ve given him every night. He also loves our papazan chair and lays under that pretty often. He’s super good inside the house and is not a chewer or a digger. He only chews on his boxes and apple twigs when I give him those. When we take him outside though, he loves to dig in the dirt! He also does huge binkies outside and zooms all over. We have a pretty covered yard and he sticks close enough to us that we’ve let him run a bit out there (with close supervision!). When he runs int he grass, he looks like a tiny dog with his ears flopping.

In short…I’ve never had bunnies before. I have always loved animals and I started researching bunnies (this site was incredibly helpful by the way!) and decided I had to have one. I looked on craigslist for about three weeks before we stumbled upon Chubs and now I’m hooked. As my boyfriend (and Chubs other slave) likes to point out…we’ve become bunny crazy! We’re searching for the right 2nd bunny and are going to take on the task of bonding once we find them. I’ve posted quite a bit already on the bonding forum about all that. And oh yeah, me, haha. I’m 22, a senior in college- graduating in December with a social work degree. Here’s a couple pictures.

Being curious as usual…

Looking adorable in Kc’s arms on the way outside

Mid happy hop outside

In his beloved box house…

I could add pictures all day… Anyways, this is getting too long so I will wrap it up.

• jerseygirl
        22338 posts Send Private Message

He’s soo cute! I just want to squeeze his little cheeks! Then have him thump at me -hehe!

• mrmac
          Participant
          2156 posts Send Private Message

He is soooo handsome!!!!! I love his name, it suits him so well!

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

OH….so cute!!! My bunny Jack absolutely hates any slippery surface – including hardwood. So Chubs and Jack have something common.
              And I’m with Jersey – I just want to squeeze Chubs little cheeks! (When he’s not in his grumpy mood…HAHAHA!)

• luvmybunny
              Participant
              576 posts Send Private Message

Chubs is a cutie pie! Welcome to BB

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

He’s adorable-love the face expressions

• RachelB
                  Participant
                  237 posts Send Private Message

Welcome…. now you have to add about Chubs new yet to be named friend. And we need photos too!!

• Lara
                    Participant
                    311 posts Send Private Message

Aw… that pic of him being taken outside is the cutest thing!! What a sweet face he has!

• lancy
                      Participant
                      263 posts Send Private Message

Posted By jerseygirl on 09/13/2009 07:01 PM 
                        I just want to squeeze his little cheeks!

after you, hehe~

he is so cute! his face is like an Apple

• Jenna, Chubs & Comet
                        Participant

Well, I should probably introduce no-name! Haha, then I will have to re-introduce when he has a name! We are still deciding (me and Kc just can’t agree). Well, no-name is also a Holland Lop, although he is chubbier then chubs (go figure, haha). He was rather neglected in his old home and was incredibly dirty as well as very very skittish when we first brought him home. He had also never had any veggies before and I thought he didn’t like them at first but I think he was just adjusting because now, he gobbles up any kind I give him! He likes all the kinds I usually give Chubs- cellery, parsley, cilantro and romaine lettuce. I’m still only giving him a little bit because it’s all new, but he’s loving it! So, Now I have two very good eaters on my hands!

He is still rather skittish but he has come out of his shell a little after these few days. (He is probably also feeling better since we cleaned him up- really bad bottom and feet, and too long nails, etc.) He likes to binky pretty often, hehe, and he chins anything and everything constantly, including my toes when I sit on the floor with him. I think he’s a little afraid of us still since we’ve had to do so much to him in such a short time of meeting! Bath, anal gland cleaning, nail trim, talk about abrupt introduction! But we just couldn’t wait too long on those things! He is not neutered and my only complaint so far is this causes him to spray when he is having run time and Chubs is in his cage. He likes to poke his head by Chubs and they rub faces and he sprays soemtimes….pretty icky and we’ve never had to deal with it since Chubs was fixed when we got him! Oh well, I think neutering will help with that and we’re planning to do that very soon!

Overall, he is an incredibly sweet bun who will sit in melted butter position for as long as you’re willing to pet him! He has amazingly soft and thick fur too and even with not being fixed, I have seen not even a hint of aggression! Even when Chubs is being a bit of a boob and nipping at him! He is sooooo easygoing!  Any name suggestions are appreciated!

Mellow in the corner- and not afraid of tile! (I’ve already seen Chubs follow him across is which never would have happened pre- no-name!)

During a bonding session

• jerseygirl
                          22338 posts Send Private Message

I forgot about this, but one of the ways to name your rabbit that had previously been mentioned is to let your rabbit choose (or rather “chews”). You put all potential names that you like on separate pieces of paper, scatter them on the floor, then let the bunny peruse and choose a name. i.e. the one they pick up in their mouth.

• BinkyBunny
                            8776 posts Send Private Message

Oh, noname is cute! I like Jersey’s idea of letting your bunny choose a name out of the scattered pieces of paper. Let us know how it goes!

• Jenna, Chubs & Comet
                              Participant

Well I changed it on the bonding thread but we decided on Comet for the little guy’s name!

• luvmybunny
                                Participant
                                576 posts Send Private Message

Comet is a cute name for such a cute bunny!

• SophieBun
                                  Participant
                                  520 posts Send Private Message

Adorable buns!!!!

• Furface
                                    Participant
                                    618 posts Send Private Message

They are gorgeous. I love spotted the bun.

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Not too new but I like the introduction idea…