Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums RAINBOW BRIDGE Ms. Toffee

This topic contains 21sd replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Sparky04 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Sarita
    Participant

Yesterday I made the decision to let Ms. Toffee go to the bridge where she can be whole again.  I will miss her dearly, I had her for 10 years – she came to me from one of the Dallas Animal Shelters along with her bonded mate, Twizzler who passed a few years ago.  I told her that Twizzler would be waiting for her.

It was a very tough decision that I struggled with although I knew it was the right one – I never find these decisions easy.  But I knew she would not get better and I didn’t want her to be in pain of keep her alive for my own selfish reasons.

Here’s a photo of Ms. Toffee & Ms. Twizzler when they were together and young.  They were a sweet couple.

They were also one of my very first rescues.

kcomstoc
    Participant

I’ve been following your thread about poor Toffee with her illness I was hoping against odds that she would get better sad that she couldn’t, She’ll be with her bond mate and now she won’t be any pain, sending compassion your way for your loss. 

Baxter n Boos Mom
    Participant

So sorry for your loss. She was fortunate to have been loved and cared for by one so loving and knowledgeable.

bullrider76543
    Participant

I am so sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you made the right decision although it was a hard one. Binky free little one!!!

Monkeybun
    Participant

So sorry to hear, Sarita

Twizzler is waiting for you, Toffee. Binky Free, across the Bridge.

hannaroo
    Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss. I hoped her treatment would work I’m sure there are plenty of binkys going on wherever they are x

MoveDiagonally
    Participant

I’m so sorry Sarita. It’s never easy when we know it’s time.

Binky free Ms Toffee.

Hazel
    Participant

I’m so sorry Sarita, you did the right thing. Twizzler is taking care of her.

Binky free, Ms. Toffee.

IsabellaRobyn
    Participant

So sorry to hear your news. She’ll be happy now with Twizzler.

jerseygirl

My heartfelt condolences Sarita. This decision for the rabbits will always take an emotional toll I think, even when you know it’s the right thing to do.

You have such a good heart opening your home for these dear rabbits. You’re very much in my thoughts and I hope you are at peace.

Thank you for posting the pictures of the girls!

Binky alongside Twizzler, dear Toffee! <3

kralspace
    Participant

I lit a candle…for you and Ms. Toffee. I’m so sorry and I know how hard it is to make that decision. You and all
    your buns are in my thoughts and prayers,

Binky Free Ms Toffe, you were certainly loved
    Kathy

A Candle for Ms Toffee

TBpony414
    Participant

Sarita, I’m very sorry to hear about Toffee’s passing. She was very special to you and we all know how much you loved her and cared for her. Wishing you peace and healing in this difficult time.

Deleted User
    Participant

Oh Sarita I am so sorry! Binky Free Ms. Toffee.

MimzMum
    Participant

Oh Sarita, I am so sorry to hear about Ms. Toffee
    I have lit a candle for her. It’s never a good decision for us, but it’s the greatest and last act of love we can do for them, and there is no doubt how much you loved her. I didn’t realize she and Twizzler were your first rescues. They were so lucky to have you taking care of them.
    God Bless You (((((((Hugs))))))) Thinking of you at this sad time.
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=18610476

LittlePuffyTail

I’m so very sorry and sad to see that Miss Toffee is gone. I was hoping so very much that she would get better. I know how much you loved her. I’m sure she is grateful that you loved her enough to let her go. ****Hugs****

((((Binky Free Toffee—enjoy your pain-free days with Twizzler)))))

tanlover14
    Participant

I am so sorry, Sarita. She will definitely be romping around and binkying with Twizzler now though. And she lived a long and happy life in your care.

Binky Free, Ms. Toffee!

Amys Animals
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear.

Binky Free Ms. Toffee!

LBJ10

Oh my gosh! Sorry I completely missed this! So very very sorry to hear about Toffee. She was so lucky to have you. She is with Twizzler now, I’m sure they are both happy. =)

FrankieFlash
    Participant

I’m so sorry Sarita. I can’t imagine the pain of losing her. At least she has be reunited with Twizzler and they can once again binky together.

BinkyBunny
    Keymaster

You have been through a lot and lost quite a bit as your fuzzy crew ages and deals with health challenges. You have done such an amazing job in giving them a wonderful life, even if that means helping them cross over in the most loving way possible. Ms.Toffee and Twizzler are together — binkying on. But I know after 10 years of having her in your life, this loss is hard. My thoughts are with you. Sending Hugs and peace vibes your way.

RabbitPam

There’s always something extra special about our first bunnies. You did the loving, compassionate thing for Miss Toffee.
    {{{{{{{{{Binky free, and say Hi to Twizzler}}}}}}}}}}}}

Somewhere over the Bridge there’s a binkybunny forum where they can visit with Spockie.

Sparky04
    Participant

I’ve very sorry for your loss.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.