Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Me and My Bunny

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    • rinnono
      Participant
      40 posts Send Private Message

Hi, I got my bunny two days ago.He is adopted by his previous owner who didn’t really bring him out of the cage.He is 1 year and 5 month old.He is not neutered yet.He is very timid now like a baby.He love to laze at the corner of the cage.He peed at his little box yesterday(My little box is quite high so he have to jump.But he poop at outside the littlebox.I decided to put all the poops inside.So I don’t know if he is using.

I brought him out yesterday and he is just hiding at the corner.I hugged him, sang song for Monday(My Bunny).

I love Rabbit because they are smart and they are so cuddly.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Welcome! I’m happy that Monday has a home now where he will get the attention and love he deserves.

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

Welcome!

• MirBear
            Participant
            1412 posts Send Private Message

i had the same thing happen to me the previouse oner had her for a year and a half and never took her out of the cage.. she lives in a rusty dog crate out on the back porch all year long even in the snow! when i got her she was exteamly timid aswell… she peed and pooed on EVERYTHING! mine used to hide in corners and was very much the same except my bunny used to growl and lunge at anyone who use to try and pet or hold her.. after about 2 months of constant attention she began to calm dow towards me and i could hold her if i had my hand over her eyes… she would breath heavily untill i put her in her cage… i sold her 3 months after i got her.. the people i sold her to have warmed up to her and the lady is a stay at home mom so everyday she works with kisses ( the bunny) and now the bunny is doing much better but she is still very timid… all i can suggest is to be constant with him.. coax him out of the corner with treats.. and praise him when he doesnt immediatly run to a corner… show him that people can be nice.. and he should eventually come around

• Elrohwen
              Participant
              7318 posts Send Private Message

Poor little guy! I’m sure he’s very happy you’ve rescued him, even if he’s a little timid right now.

If you haven’t tried this already, one of the best techniques is the “floor ignore”. Sit or lay on the floor quietly (you can bring a book or watch tv to keep you occupied) and totally ignore the bunny. If he comes over to you, you can offer him a treat, but don’t try to pet or grab for him. Eventually he’ll learn that you’re a nice quiet person who often has treats 😉 and will start to trust you more.

It can take a long time for a bun to warm up to you, but it’s so worth it when they do! Good luck with him 🙂

• Sarita
                Participant
                18851 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad you posted a picture. He’s very cute. How is he doing?

• bunny_psychotic
                  Participant
                  44 posts Send Private Message

Can someone help me?  i’m trying to upload a pic of Vie, my new bunny, on my profile, but it doesn’t seem to be working..  I adopted him from a bunny  rescue on Jan 3.  Also, its especially important to me, as he turned 1  year this month!  I just would like to show him off  :-=  Thank you!

• MirBear
                    Participant

heey… try taking a pic with a different camera… or re-sizing it… depending on what camera i use i cant upload pics….. hope it helps
                      -mirbear

• jerseygirl
                      22338 posts Send Private Message

Hi bunny_psychotic, welcome here

Where are you trying to load the pic? As your profile pic (which also shows up as your avatar in the forum posts)? Or in your profile photo albums? Sometimes it is the image size that prevents an upload – so resizing it may help.

• bunny_psychotic
                        Participant
                          Yes, I am trying to load as my profile  pic. I am getting the following message:
                          [RESX:Msg:UploadMax:Title]
                          [RESX:Msg:UploadMax:Body]

There must be something wrong technically, becuz the size of my file is no where near the size of the above poster’s, Rinnono, pic.  So dunno what to do????  Any other suggestions?

• jerseygirl

The pic above is 154kb. I think the size limit for posting pic in body of a post is 300kb. Not sure on size limit for profile pic though. Is the image a jpeg file? I have found when it’s a bitmap file it has alot of trouble but as a jpeg it’s fine.
                            You may already know this…but I’ll recap. Profile pic: got to “My Profile” then to “Edit Your Profile”. Scroll down to Profile Pic and add. Click on Save at the bottom of page. If it doesn’t show right away, click F5 to refresh page and hopefully the change is made.

Edit: I just saw in tech forum profile pic can be no more than 500 x 500 pixels. Not sure if that’s current limit but have a go.

• bunny_psychotic
                            Participant

Yes, a jpeg at 1.54 MB.  I will now try what you suggest. Thanks!!

• bunny_psychotic
                              Participant

Kate, ok it IS the size. But my computer will only allow me to resize a bit and it’s not enuf. Oh well, thats life. Thanks for your help anyway!

• MirBear
                                Participant

try using paint.. its quick and easy

• jerseygirl

mmm…are you using Windows? Mac? You should be able to resize it more. You may have to open it with another program and resize it and save that copy. If you continue to have probs, you can email the pic the Binky Bunny and she can put it in for you.

• BinkyBunny
                                    8776 posts Send Private Message

Yes, if you continue to have problems just email the pic to me (not via the message center but directly to me) jennifer-AT-BinkyBunny-Dot-com. (I don’t put that email address in posts to prevent netbots from catching it and spamming so I’m figuring you can understand my phonetics.)

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Me and My Bunny