Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE I’ve lost my beautiful Lola

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
    • flippersmom
      Participant
      213 posts Send Private Message

I know I haven’t been around here much lately, as life has just been very busy, but today I come with sad news!  My beautiful English Angora, Lola has passed on.   My heart is so broken!!  I had to come here, where I new I would find people who understood!  We have only had her for 6 months, but the joy she brought to this house was amazing and is so going to be missed!!!  My heart is also breaking for her husbun, Rocky, whom adored from the first time they met!!!  I’m not sure what happend – she was perfectly fine as of bedtime last night.  This am when my son went to pass out salads he said there was alot of cecals in that cage, so I went to investigate.  When I arrived at the cage, she was having a seizure and her lips were blue.  All I realy had time to do was get her out  and hold her in my arms for a few seconds before she took her final breathe.  I feel so inempt, as I am a vet tech and could do nothing for her - it just happened way to fast!!!!

I love you my little fluffy bun!!!!  Binky wild and free!!!!!

• kralspace
        Participant
        2663 posts Send Private Message

oh no! I’m so sorry about Lola, I lost one unexpectantly a few months ago so I know the shock and sadness you feel. Poor Rocky, he will miss her. It sounds like she had a wonderful 6 months with you. Prayers to you and your family. It’s so hard to grieve not only for Lola, but to have to watch Rocky grieve too. I’ll light a candle for you all.

Hugs and Binky Free Lola
          Kathy

• kralspace
          Participant
          2663 posts Send Private Message

• Sarita
            Participant
            18851 posts Send Private Message

Oh I’m so sorry! Hugs to you and to Rocky too.

• LittlePuffyTail
              18092 posts Send Private Message

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lola. At least she had you to hold and comfort her just before she became a bunny angel.

{ { { { { { Binky Free Lola } } } } } } } 

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry So suddenly too -that’s just awful and shocking.

Give her housebun time to grieve. Kahlua took about a week to stop grieving after Kokanee left us for the bride.

Grieving can be eating less or stomping or destroying things. Give lots of attnetion and cuddles to Rocky, and some kisses for him from me and my crew He may benefit from a stuffed animal about his size to snuggle with.

{{Binky Free Lola}} I lit a candle here http://virtual-candle.org/showcurrent.php

Rainbow Bridge
                  Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
                  There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
                  There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
                  The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….

• Monkeybun
                  Participant
                  10479 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry Hugs from all of us at Monkey’s house, for you and for Rocky.

Binky free Lola! *snuggles*

• mrmac
                    Participant
                    2156 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear about Lola Hugs to you and Rocky. Binky free Lola! (((Hugs)))

• RabbitPam
                      11002 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to hear about Lola.
                        She had a loving family and died in your loving arms. I’m sure that was a comfort to her.

{{{{{Binky free, sweet Lola}}}}}}}}]

• Monkeybun
                        Participant
                        10479 posts Send Private Message

I lit a candle for Lola as well…

http://virtual-candle.org/showcurrent.php

• jerseygirl
                          22345 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sad to hear this news. Her leaving so quick like that, I would think even an experienced rabbit vet wouldn’t have been able to help her. Don’t be too hard on yourself. My condolences to you and your family & Rocky. I’m thinking of her as a Fluffy White Christmas Angelbun. I just love that baby pic of her. Thank you for giving her a wonderful home. ((((((Binky Free Lola)))))

• MimzMum
                            Participant
                            8029 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of Lola. I pray that she is binkying free in beautiful green fields of sunshine right now, and that someday you will be reunited.
                              My candle for her is here:
                              http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9704543
                              We’ll miss you, Lola!

• Boysclub
                              Participant
                              155 posts Send Private Message

Here is a light candle for Lola and her family.
                                From myself and the pets

• Beka27
                                Participant
                                16016 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear this! Thank goodness you were able to be with her and hold her as she went. She was very loved.

Binky Free Lola!

• MooBunnay
                                  Participant
                                  3087 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to hear about Lola, I know how hard it can be to lose a bunny, especially when it is completely unexpected. I am happy that Lola got to spend these last months in a home where she was not only loved by a family, but loved by another bunny as well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Rocky as you heal from her passing.

• Barbie
                                    Participant
                                    1581 posts Send Private Message

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear about Lola! I’ll pray for you.

• BinkyBunny
                                      8776 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry. I know this really hurts, and it’s normal to blame ourselves when things seem so baffling. I have done the same thing but the last loss of Rucy my very rabbit-savvy vet made me feel better because she said that this has even happened to her, and it’s the unfortunate part of having a rabbit companion as just by their nature they can even baffle the best rabbit experts.

Lola lived a wonderful life with you, so don’t be hard on yourself. Binky Free Lola!

Hugs to you flippersmom.

• flippersmom
                                        Participant
                                        213 posts Send Private Message

Thank you to everyone for all you kind words and thoughtfulness!!!!! They have really ment alot!! As the shock is wearing off, I know that there was nothing more that I could do! Rocky seems to be doing well, he is eating less, but eating none the less. We gave him Lola’s stuffed ostrich that kept her company before him and he has spent alot of time cuddled with it!! I think watching him, is the worst part of all!!!! He loved her soooooo much!!!! I did place her back in the cage after she passed. He groomed her and nudge her – wondering why she was not returnign the favor – then eventually sat next to her with his head turned away from her. He would not look at her again, so I knew he had said his good-byes and understood she was gone!!!! She has been buried in the yard with a cross that my son made of sticks to mark where she is until springtime when we will plant a new tree or bush (whatever we decide fits her best) next to her!!!

Again, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers – yo guys are the best!!!!!!!

• Lintini
                                          Participant
                                          3329 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry for your loss. I too lit a candle for you. My thoughts are with you and your family as you heal.

Binky free Lola!

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE I’ve lost my beautiful Lola