Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forum THE LOUNGE By Special Request – The Daily Podge

Viewing 401 reply threads
  • Author
    • Gina.Jenny
      Participant
      2244 posts Send Private Message

• Bam
      14055 posts Send Private Message

YAAAYYYY!!! The Daily Podge!!!!!

• Mikey
      Participant
      3186 posts Send Private Message

Very photogenic cutie pie!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By bam on 4/15/2016 2:40 AM

YAAAYYYY!!! The Daily Podge!!!!!

We had too – the vote was unanimous 

I just rearranged the dining room again, and Podge was keen to check out whether the kitten tree house had changed inside too lol

He kept going in and out, but was so speedy the second shot nearly made it as a contender for the exploiting the booty thread instead! 

Either that, or he is keen to show off his new stream line figure as often as possible

And hot of the press, caught just as the tail went down, showing that even though he is unaltered, he knows where to go  

Clever Podge 

Apparently his press manager has advised him being caught with the tail still up is just plain wrong, so filming had to be delayed to maintain dignity  

• Bam

Podgy-Wodgy! He does look a bit reproachful in the last pic. “I’m in my bathroom! Can’t you see I’m in my bathroom, mummy?”

He really has got a nice slim waist now. All set for beach 2016!

• Niamian
      Participant
      377 posts Send Private Message

Hahah omg. Pictures of Podge, yes please.

Btw. I read but dont comment that much, so I know all about his sliming down and your bounding trouble with girls… And as someone else had said you really shoud start a book. Your interpretation of Podge Pipi and the girls (and the piggies) adventures always make me laugh.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Podge’s just got up look…

Mum’s got pellets in her hand 

These are seriously good pellets and need to be seriously enjoyed 

More please! 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

This build-a-burrow kit mum got is sooo cool 

It nom,even nomnom, comes with grass on top nomnomnom, like a real burrow nomnomnomnom  

• BinkyBunny
      8753 posts Send Private Message

Podge! — What a great name!! You may have already told the story of how he got his name at one point, but….How did he get that name? Is it short for HodgePodge?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

My youngest son chose it  Podge is a diminutive of Padrig, which as everybun knows, means ‘noble’ 

Podge was a stray and was adopted by us just over three weeks ago, as a boyfriend for another stray we adopted. He’d been stuck in a rescue’s hutch since last summer, and so is behaving more like a kit than an adult, always on the go, and everything is a great adventure! Podge and Gina are now in the process of being bonded with another pair, who includes our third adopted stray.

Can you tell we like adopting stray rabbits yet 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxjuenZVpCqPbHl2NURCTjVodW8/view?usp=sharing

Here’s a nice video of them enjoying the early morning grass. I think they like it still being wet from the dew. Its nice and tasty, and its so easy to wash with dew on your paws 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant
      5317 posts Send Private Message

Well that’s a lovely explanation of the name “Podge” GJ ….. lol. Who’d have thought !!
      I think it should be taught to every poor child who’s being called it in school… !!! LOL (and my old boss !!)

But… it would make a brill title for a book !!

• Love4Bunny
      Participant
      878 posts Send Private Message

Lol, this is such a cute thread. I was going to suggest the Podge Assembly as his fanclub, but The Daily Podge is a great title for a newsletter-type thread. What a sweetie!!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Here is the back-to-back double banana bunch 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Otherwise known as a “96” – !!!!!!!! LOL

• LittlePuffyTail
      18092 posts Send Private Message

Awww….he is just too lovely

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Do I look more handsome from the rear or from the front? 

Now, watch me in action 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxjuenZVpCqPRTB1S25FNU5TLVE/view?usp=sharing

Of course, I save my best binkies for when mum hasn’t got the camera, its more fun that way 

• Q8bunny
      Participant
      6329 posts Send Private Message

*swoons*
      *regains consciousness after copious application of smelling salts”

Gods, I love this rabbit!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, a bunny was being mindful of the food 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I’ve got it !! In that front on photo (gorgeous btw!) he got an air of Beetlejuice about him !!
      If he could speak, I can’t work out whether a real posh accent would come out of him, or a cockney Del-boy one !! He’d suit both !! lol

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

I’m not trying to look cute…. honest 

Nor am I talking to the little weeeekers  that just wouldn’t be cool for a bun

• Crashley
      Participant
      372 posts Send Private Message

Podge is so handsome! he looks just like Winnie with a mane!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Here is Podge, enjoying his pro-biotic salad outside in the garden 

• Bam

Oh Podge! I was just heading out into the really beautiful weather we’re having right now when I saw there’s an update in the Daily Podge. Can’t miss that! That is one handsome probiotics-eating bunboy!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Third day of totally blue skies in a row, and the buns are struggling to acclimatise, even with plenty of shade.

They’ve all spent the afternoon in the shade. Jenny went as far as scrapping the grass so she could lie on the cooler soil.

Later on…

After an 11 hour shift on grass quality control, you’d be exhausted too!

• Niamian
      Participant

I must say, daily Podge is a life saver.

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

Cannot.Handle. that pic of Podge in the corner shade, paws out front!! Wayyy too cute.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Ohhhh Podge – Lucky Boy !!
      And you were scared about where you were going to end up after getting put in that travel carrier again !! Well well. Who would have known?!
      You were born under a shining star !!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

With so many fans, Podge will soon start believing he is his own shining star 

Does this bring to mind a row of people waiting bus to arrive?

And the aerial view…

• Bam

What are they waiting in line for? Have they even told you?
      Pudge IS a shining star

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Oops, spelling mistake conjures up a whole new rabbit !!! LOL !!!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

What’s have you done to the sky, mum?

It beats trying to hold umbrellas over them all during a heavy April shower! 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

April showers bring May — bunnies??

• Bam

My apologies to Podge for my misspelling!!! iPhone did that!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By bam on 4/23/2016 10:34 AM

My apologies to Podge for my misspelling!!! iPhone did that!

Podge says he was too gratified to be thought a shining star he didn’t even notice 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Guess who thought he’d try and look cool, standing out in the rain 

On second thoughts…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Look at those feet – and that tail! Fluffy

Seriously, GJ, I’m so glad you started this thread – these pics really make my workday.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Caught on camera, mid banana roll 

Looks like he’s given up trying to get the mud-stains from his under paws 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

You put your left paw in, your right paw out, cuddle with your gf, while its snowing out, thats what its all about!

• LittlePuffyTail
      18092 posts Send Private Message

Awww…..almost looks like a heart

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Rabbit see, rabbit do? Gina can stick her toes out too

And how cute is Gina here, cuddled into her Podge!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Its five weeks since Podge arrived, so we celebrated with some carrot tops, with the top bit of carrot left on 

Choco and Latte happily joined in the celebrations

Jenny took hers inside the big cardboard box, and Pippi’s was eaten by the time I grabbed the camera!

They followed their treat with their four weekly dose of spot on, not nearly so welcome. I think Podge finds it ticklish, judging by his reaction  

And none of them like the smell, if all the thumping is anything to go by 

• Bam

They are so lovely all of them! I’m really rather envious. To be surrounded by such loving cuteness! (Although in Choco’s and Latte’s case a little too much love perhaps.)

What spot on is it you give them? Is it for ticks? I think you have said somewhere but I can’t find the post now (it’s late evening here, past bedtime really). I’m thinking I should get sth for mine too since they are now getting a bit of outside time (only Yohio so far, but I’ve plans for Bam too). Tick season has started here.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Seeing cute piggies makes me even more excited about my piggy arriving today. Oh I hope the shelter doesn’t postpone.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By bam on 4/27/2016 4:16 PM

They are so lovely all of them! I’m really rather envious. To be surrounded by such loving cuteness! (Although in Choco’s and Latte’s case a little too much love perhaps.)

What spot on is it you give them? Is it for ticks? I think you have said somewhere but I can’t find the post now (it’s late evening here, past bedtime really). I’m thinking I should get sth for mine too since they are now getting a bit of outside time (only Yohio so far, but I’ve plans for Bam too). Tick season has started here.

The one I use is
      spot on, I’ve used it as a preventative measure for years, ever since some of our piggies came home from their neuters with mites, which was the last thing they needed right then. Dose is by weight, and one tube I think does a bun up to 5 kg, so I split 3 tubes between the six of them.

I also rub tea tree oil around the door frames, the smell is said to discourage flies, and I’ve definitely had less in the house since I started doing that, though it does leave yellow smears on the white plastic. However, yellow smears are a lot easier to ignore than flies!

Specially developed to protect pet rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs and other small rodents from flies, fleas, ticks, lice and mites. My Little Friend Spot On is convenient and easy to use to protect your small animal from these pets. This product is suitable for use on pet rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs and other small rodents. Correct doses are detailed on the back of the pack

Q8, We are all excited for you  

Piggies make great pets too. They usually love a cuddle, just watch if they start wriggling or you might end up a bit wet!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Podge and Gina, checking out the new, enlarged run extension.

• Bam

I see, bummer, not sth I could get here for my buns, well Tee Tree Oil of course but no spot-on for buns =/

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By bam on 4/28/2016 6:04 AM

I see, bummer, not sth I could get here for my buns, well Tee Tree Oil of course but no spot-on for buns =/

Would it be worth seeing what the postage from Amazon UK would be, for say enough for the summer, as they are very light? Maybe be worth it if there were several light things could be ordered together, such as the Pro-C, even D & C if its cheaper here?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

It looks like somebun approves of the new space.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

A very confused Amazon driver has just delivered ‘Sir Podge and friends’ a parcel. Podge had been told to keep an eye out for something interesting arriving, and was asked if he could share the goodies out between the six of them, when they arrived. First of all, Podge claimed the box. Then he began his investigating…

Podge and Pippi and Jenny having fun. Gina and the piggies were too busy snoozing.
      And further investigations.

• Bam

Never thought of that, that it doesn’t weigh a lot  I have ordered Doxycycline from the UK, for humans (me) that didn’t cost a fortune in shipping at all. 

They seem to like it so in their outside extended run. And the parcel! So much bunny fun!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

It’s the bunny tombola !
      Everyone a winner !!! LOL
      Is the tunnel supposed to be big enough for them to go through do you think? – maybe it is meant for a small guinea pig !! Still ncie to chomp away at and chuck over Sir’s shoulder !!!LOL

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Bunnies seem quite happy throwing it. I think Gina or Jenny could get through the tunnel if they really wanted to, certainly if it was held still. Offered piggies a turn, but all they did was nibble a bit, maybe they’ll be more interested when they stop sulking that the buns got out for a while, but it was way too cold for piggies outside

Podge and Gina trying out a treat ball

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Well that looks FAR too easy !!! LOL. Or are you leaving the window open a bit so they understand what its for? Zou understood the cat’s immediately. Cat just looks at it, bewlideringly…. lol.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Wow! Busy buns – they’ll be needing PAs soon. lol

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Lucky buns with a very kind friend! And they say who needs a PA when you have mum 

Here is Pippi’s elephant impression and here are all four buns with their morning pellets in the treat balls. I reduced the size of the hole today, so the pellets fell out a bit slower! 

Unfortunately the SD card was full, and the camera switched itself off too soon 

• Love4Bunny
      Participant

GJ, have you ever litter trained your piggies? I met one young pig at the pet store who only eliminated in one corner, and I’d always thought that you couldn’t train them.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Love4Bunny on 4/29/2016 5:03 AM

GJ, have you ever litter trained your piggies? I met one young pig at the pet store who only eliminated in one corner, and I’d always thought that you couldn’t train them.

Many piggies are naturally ‘corner goers’. Choco is a corner goer, and backs into a corner to do his business, Latte sometimes does and more times just goes where he is.

• Azerane
      4402 posts Send Private Message

They are just too cute with all those toys. I’ve actually got those trio of fun balls in my cart, waiting to be ordered next month along with a bunch of other mostly rabbit related things I’m really not sure whether they’ll actually be allowed into the country, but we have an amazon gift card so I figured I’d give it a shot

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Azerane – be careful with your illegal imports, you may have to do a ‘hostage scene’ publicity ad like Johnny and Amber !! LOL
      They were reeeeally happy to do that – it shined through their acting skills !!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Hey Pippi – brilliant elephant impression !!!!! I guess that answers my question could they fit in the tunnel….? Errr, no !! LOL

• Azerane

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 4/29/2016 6:57 AM

Azerane – be careful with your illegal imports, you may have to do a ‘hostage scene’ publicity ad like Johnny and Amber !! LOL
      They were reeeeally happy to do that – it shined through their acting skills !!

Haha, I doubt I’ll be in quite that much trouble Usually you just get a letter that your package is being held, and do you either want to pay for the item to be treated for pests so you can have it, or otherwise they destroy it. In which case, they can just destroy it. But sometimes it’s not an issue as I’ve seen some things people have managed to have shipped. I guess it depends on if they properly inspect a parcel or not.

• Bam

Azerane, your customs seem very rigorous, I’ve seen on TV. It’s admirable imo.

GJ, Pippi’s elephant-impression is very life-like. It’s almost like he were an actual elephant – only smaller and furrier and with magpie harlequin-coloring. But those are just details.

• Azerane

Posted By bam on 4/30/2016 4:45 PM

Azerane, your customs seem very rigorous, I’ve seen on TV. It’s admirable imo.

GJ, Pippi’s elephant-impression is very life-like. It’s almost like he were an actual elephant – only smaller and furrier and with magpie harlequin-coloring. But those are just details.

Yes, at times it seems a little ridiculous, but it’s also very good at the same time. You can bring some natural things in, it’s more when you don’t declare them that you end up in a whole lot of trouble.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

We have a reasonable size garden, 10 m x 10 m, but over half of it doesn’t get any sun for half the year, which is due to it having 6 foot fencing, and being surrounded by houses on all sides. When the boys were younger, we had a big trampoline over the least sunny area, which was dismantled a couple of years ago. The ground was then raked out and grass seeded. 

Its taken this long for the grass to get a good hold, probably due to the lack of winter sunshine, but the sun is high enough in the sky now to warm the grass enough for it to grow, and be dry enough for bunnies to go on. Unfortunately, there are a lot of weeds too, so I will need to remove anything toxic before a bun can eat it. So today the buns are in their nearly finished double run, in nice long grass .

Can you see all those dandelions behind them  the runs will get moved back a little each day, to make that nice long grass, and all those dandelions last as long as possible, and give the other half of the garden time to recover from a four bunny onslaught! The piggies will want their share too!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

In the town my parents live in, you can rent goats to “mow” your lawn. I like goats. But I still secretly wish they would use bunnies.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 5/01/2016 5:29 AM

In the town my parents live in, you can rent goats to “mow” your lawn. I like goats. But I still secretly wish they would use bunnies.

Mow and manure as they go, bunnies and piggies do that just as well as any goat can 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I confirm the STRICT Aussie border controls even within Australia crossing over into another state.
      I travelled there camping for a while on a budget so carried all our food with us, and we would sit at the border eating all our food which couldn’t go across the state border. Others just threw it in the provided bins…. such a waste !!
      We also had to open our tent and show our walking boot soles when coming into Australia, to check no germs were brought in, in the dried mud.

Oh no, indeedie, they do not joke around with their customs rules. and I’m VERY glad that J&A didn’t get special treatment !

• Azerane

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 5/01/2016 12:46 PM

I confirm the STRICT Aussie border controls even within Australia crossing over into another state.
      I travelled there camping for a while on a budget so carried all our food with us, and we would sit at the border eating all our food which couldn’t go across the state border. Others just threw it in the provided bins…. such a waste !!
      We also had to open our tent and show our walking boot soles when coming into Australia, to check no germs were brought in, in the dried mud.

Oh no, indeedie, they do not joke around with their customs rules. and I’m VERY glad that J&A didn’t get special treatment !

I can’t even travel with some things within my own STATE! Fruit is the main culprit because of fruit fly, but that thing is really no joke and they’re just trying to protect the crops. $400 fine for most people if they catch you crossing into the restricted area with any.

And on bunny topic, I just saw all those dandelions behind the pen and my eyes popped! The feast that the bunnies will have

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

making the dandelions last, and ensuring all six get a fair share is the tricky part

neat footwork, Podge

• Bam

Podge bending it like Beckham!

How do you stop yourself from tugging at his sideburns all day long?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

LOL That made my night.

And Bam! ROTFL

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

That really is the best toy of the lot IMHO
      And also I may seem harsh GJ but that hole is still far too easy (or… are the treats too small??!!! LOL) – a billion come out each time (OK a tad exaggerating!)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 5/03/2016 2:36 PM

That really is the best toy of the lot IMHO
      And also I may seem harsh GJ but that hole is still far too easy (or… are the treats too small??!!! LOL) – a billion come out each time (OK a tad exaggerating!)

The treats are just their normal pellets  

Bunnies say several pellets need to come out at once, as if only one came out, the other bun might get the reward for their hard work, that’s their argument anyway!

Some sunny buns, and a piggy too (Choco is in a run the other side of Pippi and Jenny)

And a very dozy Pippi, with a full tum of freshly chewed grass to digest 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Symmetrical bunnies!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Jenny Jenny Jenny – drop that facade you’re showing us and let Mummy bond you all together – YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO !!!
      GJ, show Jenny this post… tell her Vienna tells her so !!
      OK for the pellets…. I’m staying hard for Zou who gets one sultana every 5 or 6 nose pushes !!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Sunrise bunny

• Crashley
      Participant
      372 posts Send Private Message

seeing podge and Gina together<333 is the exact reason why Winnie needs a companion

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Here’s Podge and Gina sharing the early morning sunbeams 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

There’s nothing lovelier than bunny love.

• Bam

GJ, btw, the plant you were asking about, the one in the lawn, I’m almost certain it is ragwort as Jersey suggested. Ragwort is very poisonous to grazing animals. Remove, remove, remove. http://www.lawnweeds.co.uk/ragworth.html

Just wanted to say that =)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

I removed it all before they went near that part of the garden, given I wasn’t sure. My post was to make sure I hadn’t deprived them of something they could have eaten, but it was all destroyed. Thanks to you both for naming it, buns say thanks too!

• Bam

I knew you weren’t going to let them eat it unless you were absolutely certain what it was. But I was curious too. I always love it when I can find sth new for my buns to eat, so when I found a couple of those plants here, I posted some pics on a gardening forum.

I’ve never even noticed those plants before, but I have read about ragwort-poisoning in cattle, esp horses. Now I know what ragwort looks like, thanks to you =)

Podge and Gina are lovely together. I also like the perfect alignment in the 4-bun pic. How masterly you have trained those buns =)

• Q8bunny
      Participant

The only thing currently growing on my balcony is a crusty old mop, so I rather envy your guys’ need to look out for green baddies.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Spot the Jenny 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Stalking Mr Pip from the tall grass by his ear?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 5/08/2016 6:47 AM

Stalking Mr Pip from the tall grass by his ear?

More cuddling than stalking, her back paws are pointing to the very left of the photo, but yep, the ear gives her away 

• starshinepunk
      Participant
      77 posts Send Private Message

This thread is so beyond fun!!! Love hearing about podge and his adventures!!! Such a big personality for such a little bun.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By starshinepunk on 5/09/2016 8:27 AM

This thread is so beyond fun!!! Love hearing about podge and his adventures!!! Such a big personality for such a little bun.

Glad you like it 

Here is Podge, having carpet stalking lessons from Gina 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Ermagah! That second picture.

• Bam

The camera certainly loves Podge! And who could blame it…?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Carrot top time 

Followed by a nice long stretch out on Gina’s blanky

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Squeee! Those legs!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 5/14/2016 10:58 PM

Squeee! Those legs!

All those sprints up and down the stairs have certainly given him great muscle tone 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

This grass hides me nicely and is tasty too 

What do you mean, you can see me?

Can you now?

Ok, surely not now, through so much grass?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Peekaboo, Podge!

• Bam

Almost invisible, Podge. But not quite 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

After hiding in the long grass, Podge found a new hidey place indoors, playing ‘tents’ on a box under the clothes airer. Its something they all do, but there isn’t usually a box shoved under, quite so conveniently.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Good morning, my little weeeky friend

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Good grief! They’ve colour coordinated their outfits.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 5/16/2016 10:57 AM

Good grief! They’ve colour coordinated their outfits.

Its something they often do 

What do you mean, I can’t go out cos its raining, and forecast to rain all day! I am not amused…

Me and my gal

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Oh Podge… you funny bunny…

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Podge and Latte are colour coordinated again  

Buns always go out earlier than piggies, who need to wait for the grass to dry, and Podge always goes over to investigate Latte, when he goes out, but never Choco?

• Bam

Choco is not color coordinated with Podge. Podge might take that personally?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

I thought it could be to do with Latte has longer face hair, like Podge, but its probably as simple as personality. Piggies have distinct personalities just as much as any bun does! 

Hanging out with the big kids on the block is tiring for a little piggy… 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Aww… sweet piglet.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

look, I’m lying like my little friend Latte does 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Please ask Podge whether he felt me tweaking his tail.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Oh, that’s why he’s been sat firmly on it all morning 

He’s still sat on it, and I swear he is sat where he is, waiting for Latte to come out!

Its been drizzling all morning, so that funny sky of mum’s is out! Better than a couple of days back, when mum said the grass was already too wet to get out. Huh! 

Don’t you humans know fresh rain-washed grass is the best 

• Bam

Aww, the cuteness! We’ve rain here too now but THEY SAID it’d be beautiful weather this week-end *pouting*.

How cute that Podge is waiting for Latte to come out! These mysterious creatures (piggies and bunnies)! But Latte won’t come out when it’s raining I guess, so poor Podge (oh, yes, how sorry one always feels for Podge…not!) will have to wait in vain…

I sincerely hope it clears up soon, both there and here.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Send the rain our way, you guys! It’s already nearly 50C and humid and dusty (thanks, wind) and overcast (with no chance of rain) and too gross to stick one’s nose out of doors. And it’s only 10am…

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Pouting here too, I’ve done two loads of laundry while it was still night rate electricity, trusting the stupid forecast to be right, so I want it out and drying! Q8, I wish we could!

An hour later, Podge is still sat waiting for Latte

Latte is sat looking at his cage door, waiting to go out. You’d wonder does he sense Podge is waiting for him?

Choco is sulking under the hay, with a clear view of his rear, to indicate just how poorly his thinks of buns being out when pigs are not! Whoever said animals can’t talk!!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I couldn’t resist giving Podge a kiss on the nose. He just looks so stinkin’ cute!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Patience paid off 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Pffft… fashionistas

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Here’s a fluffle of dozy bunnies zzzzz

• Q8bunny
      Participant

When I grow up, I want to be a fluffle.

• Bam

The look on Podge’s face as he sits there waiting! Disapproval and determination! And it payed off!

The fluffle is just so overwhelmingly lovely.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By bam on 5/20/2016 11:07 AM

The look on Podge’s face as he sits there waiting! Disapproval and determination! And it payed off!

The fluffle is just so overwhelmingly lovely.

Podge’s face, when Latte went in…

Latte left plenty of calling cards, to show he stayed as close to Podge as he could, all day!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

LOL Until the moment when I read your comment, my brain saw Latte’s pine nuts as the links of an old chain.

• Bam

GJ, he’s smiling!

Q8, it does look like a rusty old chain =)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

I’ve posted this video on the ‘when life gives you lemons’ thread, but adding it here for those in love with Podge’s nose

• Bam

I’m in love with all of Podge.
      Just ordered that little friend anti-insect spot-on from the UK Methoprene seems bunny safe and shipping wasn’t pricey.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By bam on 5/21/2016 3:41 PM

I’m in love with all of Podge.
      Just ordered that little friend anti-insect spot-on from the UK Methoprene seems bunny safe and shipping wasn’t pricey.

I’ve used it for many years, and never had any problems, I believe it damages a hormone only insects produce, meaning its effective and safe for all mammals, including a son who doesn’t like being unable to give ear rubs to a pet who has been recently treated!

Here’s a fluffle staying cool in the shade.

Nobunny is panting, so the grass must be helping them stay cool enough? It briefly reached 30 C here in the sun, though its back down to 22 C now, according to the thermometer, so I am very glad everybun got a good groom last night!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

‘Scuse me mam, but I’m afraid your fluffle is not regulation… one of your fluffees is breaking formation.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 5/22/2016 9:26 AM

‘Scuse me mam, but I’m afraid your fluffle is not regulation… one of your fluffees is breaking formation.

Podge says being in formation just aint fashionista 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Pffft… Rebel… I should slap him with a fine of six nose rubs and three smooches.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

He’s just been tucking into some tasty cecotropes – he dares you go ahead

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I accept the challenge! LOL I find that the unadulterated sweetness of bunny kisses trumps the potential grossness factor of post-poop-snack

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

With my final exam just over two weeks away, I’ve spent the day alternating between studying and drying grass in the garden.

Podge has no respect for my study  I suspect he thinks drying grass for winter is way more important, and should have been my sole focus all day!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LOL
      Now, I tried drying Zou’s favourite – dandelion leaves – last week whilst on hols
      I picked a whole bunch (carreid around a bucket doing it!!) – spread them out carefully so each one got dried all sides….. it actually took about 3 days of full sunshine to completely dry… and presented them to Madame almost on a silver platter !!
      Quite frankly if a rabbit could turn her nose up, then she did !! NOT impressed with the dried variety !! Gee thanks Zou !

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Keep them til winter, when she isn’t spoilt by fresh ones, and see does she turn her cute little nose up then

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Dear Zou, oh you little bunny
      Your mommy’s just thinking of your tummy
      Don’t wrinkle your nose
      At dried herbs because those
      Took ages to prepare, little honey

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

** clap clap clap *** bravo Q8 !! Though… ‘little’,….? LOL

• Q8bunny
      Participant

It’s a relative term. lol

• Bam

***Clap clap clap*** from here too!

And Vienna, they really do love them in the winter.

GJ, “My rabbit ate my homework”. To be able to say that in class!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Bam, I’ve totally said that in class. Well, actually I said “My rabbit ate YOUR homework” to students when I returned work that Chewie had helped me mark (with his teeth lol).

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

There’s a photo on here of Gina eating my younger son’s homework she said it was tasty

Podge hasn’t got this sussed yet, all he ate were unimportant revision notes lol

• Bam

“My rabbit ate YOUR homework” LOL The true teacher’s pet =D
      Rabbits are so helpful.

I’m sure Podge is just doing a test-round before he gets on to the really important stuff. 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Rabbits are helpful. It’s amazing how involved they like to be in the day-to-day stuff like making the bed, folding the laundry, clearing scraps off of plates, gardening, redecorating, and of course, marking student papers (or in Gina and Podge’s cases, checking homework and revising for big exams ).

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Ooof! I love the way the breeze ruffles his little mohawk. And that little nose and mouth! Squeee!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

On your marks, get set, chew 

There are so many dandelion stalks in the garden, that Podge is happy to share with his little fashionista friend 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Very funny – you’re just egging them both on looking left and right – but WHO will win??….. I won’t say here

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That was impressive! The competition was fierce and both stalkers were in fine form and smashing outfits.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

And for the second competion of the day, it’s Choco and Jenny having a camouflage comp…

Is it 2-0 to the bunnies, or has Choco levelled the score at 1-1?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

2-0 for sure! That wee slice of bottom gives Choco away.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

We’re forecast heavy rain all day, so if the bunnies n piggies can’t go to the garden, the garden must come to them. Dashed out and cut a bowlful of the long grasses from around the fence, and as many empty dandelion stalks as I could, leaving the ones still with seeds, as we want the seeds to scatter and grow. 

News seems to have spread fast, and Podge had to accept a six way split of the stalks 

• Bam

We have lovely weather, can’t wait intil I get the new runs for the darlings =) Parcel is in transit so I’ll hopefully be getting it tomorrow!

I haven’t collected dandelion seeds yet, I think I should probably do that. I’ve never even tried giving the buns the stems. Judging from your pics, they seem to be a great success, I’ll have to go out and pick some tonight.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By bam on 5/25/2016 5:49 AM

We have lovely weather, can’t wait intil I get the new runs for the darlings =) Parcel is in transit so I’ll hopefully be getting it tomorrow!

I haven’t collected dandelion seeds yet, I think I should probably do that. I’ve never even tried giving the buns the stems. Judging from your pics, they seem to be a great success, I’ll have to go out and pick some tonight.

Podge left the closest to normal poop since we got him in the hay box overnight, is that a coincidence, or is that from eating all those stalks? Can’t wait for pics of bam and Yohio out in their runs. Has the Spot On arrived, as you really want that on before they go out? 

• Bam

I just got the parcel, but it was only ONE run, hopefully the other will come tomorrow. Expecting the spot on on Friday. And then they’ll be all set
      Maybe the stalks has lots of great fiber. There’s not much substance to the leaves, so perhaps the stalks are just what a bun needs

• Q8bunny
      Participant

From what I know from my dad, dandelions have great medicinal properties, so maybe it regulated Podge’s GI system?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Could be? Hopefully there’ll be lots more stalks soon…

More symmetrical bunnies 

• Bam

It’s just so impressive, the way these buns are coordinated. Probably all part of the big plan for world dominance. “Let’s be so ridiculously cute that the humans just stand there like paralyzed, all cuteness-struck, like – and then we STRIKE!”

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Twas obviously girls grooming boys time !
      Nature is often in sync !

For the dandelion stalks, I had always carefully picked the leaves around them until yesterday when I yanked them all up together, leaves and stalk !
      Well I can say from hard evidence that my piggybun (that’s a bun who is a piggy!) carefully choose all the stalks first before hitting on the leaves.. oink oink !!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Happy Zou

• Bam

I brought in some stalks last night for the buns, but they weren’t interested. My dog was though. She stole Bam’s stalks and just crunch-crunched away. They sounded delicious.

Yohio got to go out in the new run today, he seemed to enjoy it Will post in the picture thread tomorrow.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

All Chewie got was a slice of apple and a bagel toast he pinched fom my neighbour (who had come over to watch the latest GoT and who’s powerless against bunny tickles).

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

The Daily Podge bank holiday special  Cuteness and cheekiness overload warning

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Those boys of yours slay me.

Honestly, GJ, I don’t know how you make it through your day without hypeventilating every time you see them being adorable.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Those boys forgot they were gentlebunnies no manners at all

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Hey, all’s fair in love and dandelion stems.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Very funny – there is though GJ, a common thing going on with your four buns… the girls pamper the boys and the boys pinch from the girls’ mouths….7
      Who is wearing the proverbial ‘trousers’ ?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

While Podge was taking his time tucking into this particular stalk, Gina came and took it from him…

You’ve seen Revenge of the Sith, now watch Revenge of the Gina 

• Bam

An uprising! Girl power! Haha!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

I dont think Podge saw that one coming, and really didn’t know how to respond, Gina has always been totally subservient to him til now!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

• jerseygirl
      22043 posts Send Private Message

Haha! Stick a cowboy hat on both of them!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Here is Podge and his colour coordinated buddy tucking into some long grass together

And While Podge shared with Latte, Pippi nicely shared with Choco

• Q8bunny
      Participant

LOL That pose in the Return vid.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

S’mine, mum! Mine…Not his!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

With me sitting my exam 10 am til 2:30 pm, the buns and pigs will have to stay in, as I can’t risk the girls digging either out, or through to each other (which they nearly managed last week!)

Jenny and Pippi refused to come out for any indoor floor time, insisting its garden time. Podge was more sensible and hopped into the nearest sunbeam to enjoy the sun that way. I popped out earlier, and cut a load of grass and dandelions. Pippi and Jenny turned their little bunny noses up at the idea of eating grass indoors on a sunny day, but then it mysteriously vanished when my back was turned

• Bam

Naaw, the darlings!

Now you have a good day and be razor-sharp.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Thanks. Just had microwaved cookie dough, with two mugs of tea. Does that count as a sensible breakfast??? 

Looking at this pic of whats left of everybunnies grass, I’m thinking that choco and latte really aren’t the pigs around here?  

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Don’t worry GJ, Podge & Co. will hold down the fort while you ace your exam.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Poor buns, it was 30 C here when I finished, so they had to wait even longer til the temp dropped a bit. I swear Jenny landed on the grass with her mouth open

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Gina enjoying a cuddle into her Podge 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I wanna cuddle with Podge too!!

• Bam

Everybunny wants to cuddle with Podge!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Here’s Podge, enjoying a probiotic carrot for supper, all four boys happily take their probiotic carrots no arguing 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

All four buns banana’d at the same time 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Squeee from Romania.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

And a sleepy Podge, first thing this morning, banana’d on his hammock 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Do you know, I think we should change the term ‘spooning’ to banana’ing’ !! On second thoughts….. LOL

• Q8bunny
      Participant

SOMEbunny had to go there. lol

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Podge and Gina have both lost a bit of weight this month, maybe from the stress of two trips to the vet and the myxi/vhd jabs, and neither want to lose any more, and ideally want to regain back what they’ve dropped. They only need a small weight boost, so instead of buying a full bag of the high calorie barley rings, I decided to try a few oats. Podge’s nose was straight in, before the plate hit the ground, and with Podge’s tum issues, its always going to be good to have something in that is easy to eat that he likes, so its good to know oats are something he will tuck into so well. 

Gina ignored them, being too busy trying to beat up the pet carrier that is blocking off the door of the run. Every morning, she tries to park her little bunny butt to stop me shutting them in the run, and I guess doesn’t approve of the carrier being used as a door blocker!

Podge and porridge

I took the plate away before Podge ate the lot, til I see how his tum is with oats, which he thought was a silly precaution!

I then gave Pippi and Jenny a try of the oats, thinking it would be good if they find them tasty too, in case they end up needing them at some point, and you never saw two bunny noses move so fast and in perfect synchronisation!

Gina finished her fight with the carrier, and settled for a morning snooze under the hammock 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Gina’s boxing stole the show. lol

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Everybun and piggy got daisy leaves, strawberry leaves, clover, goose grass and various long grasses for supper

you can see how slim Gina is, but thankfully she decided this afternoon she would eat some oats after all, so hopefully she’ll soon put back on the lost weight

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yummy! *runs off to make a green salad for breakfast*

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Here is Podge, doing the early morning run perimeter check!

• Bam

That nose! That nose was made for kissing =)

Bam was outside yesterday evening, it was way too hot during the day. I found a giant mosquito-net in a charity shop and it’s big enough to cover his whole cage.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

bam – are mozzies a problem for buns ?

• Bam

Mosquitoes spread myxomatosis, but my buns are vaccinated against myxo. I’m concerned about the new RVHD2 virus that we can’t vaccinate against yet. There are wild rabbits in my garden, I’ve seen them less than a yard from the run. (It’s not been established that RVHD is spread by mosquitoes.)
      Then there’s the risk of flystrike. Even if I’ve put spot on on the buns now, nothing offers 100% protection. Plus I HATE it when slugs crawl into the run. The can’t with the net.

I’m being paranoid, but the mosquito-net cost the equiv of 2 Euros (2 US dollars). It looks pretty. Renders the garden a tropical touch. If I had children I’d probably wrap them in double bubble-wrap and never let them leave the house. (jk)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

rofl !! I have a mozzie net over my bed (I’ve SO given up on plug-ins, geranium essence by bedside and every other way – atleast with a mozzie net IF one gets trapped in there with me, they really don’t last long as I don’t have to go chasing around the whole room with my electric zap-racquet)…. but I hadn’t thought of one for Zou !!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Looks like Gina has finally accepted Podge’s hammock 

• Bam

Hammock snuggling! That’s love!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

They are having a nice long honeymoon, aren’t they

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Any room for me on there? I finally have AC again after two weeks of slow death by heatstroke, and I’m so chilled. LOL

• cinnybun2015
      Participant
      570 posts Send Private Message

This is too much Gina!!!! Such a cuteness overload! For some reason I haven’t been able to see this until now… and I’ve totally overdosed on cuteness… why can’t I have a fluffle of rabbits?!?!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Did somebunny say FLUFFLE?

• cinnybun2015
      Participant
      570 posts Send Private Message

*raises hand* …me?

But really… is fluffle not the cutest name ever?!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Buns only got about four hours out today, before the rain started. Given its forecast to stay wet the rest of the day, I cut some grass and clover ready, and bought them in.

Podge is a bit sleepy to want his yummies right now…

Pippi and Jenny wolfed theirs down straight away, then Jenny gave her paw a photogenic wash, to show black buns can be photogenic too 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Q8, how is this fluffle formation?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

What is Zou doing in your photos?….

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

She thought your dandelions were too small she came round for some proper sized ones

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

One I picked tonight – stem 69cm !!!!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

She’s on her way back for it

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

“Ding dong” – that must be her now !!!

I was trawling googlemaps England earlier and came across a town called BUNNY !! (south of Nottingham)
      and also, wait for the cuteness a town called ‘LITTLE SNORING’ !!!

• Bam

GJ, that fluffle is just awesome! But what are they eating?

Vienna, Bunny and Little Snoring! If Bunny were a county people could live in Little Snoring, Bunny. My goodness how charming and silly!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Especially as my surname is a predatory animal !!! Noone would believe the address was real !!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By bam on 6/29/2016 4:09 PM

GJ, that fluffle is just awesome! But what are they eating?

Vienna, Bunny and Little Snoring! If Bunny were a county people could live in Little Snoring, Bunny. My goodness how charming and silly!

Supreme science select pellets. nice n big, aren’t they  though not quite dandelion sized!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

GJ: That’s an impressive semicircle – your fluffle is demonstrating the results of discipline and hard work with their formation nibbling. Fenomnomnominal.

Vienna: That was actually me at the door. Thanks for leaving me out there all night.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

P.S. I’ve changed my flight. Meeting Chewie in Little Snoring, Bunny.

• Bam

All of us BBers ought to have a yearly meet-up in Little Snoring, Bunny =)

Gina, I give Bam Supreme Science Select mature rabbits, they’re round pellets so I didn’t recognize those on the pic.
      I’m ever in awe of the coordination of your rabbits. I don’t know how you do it!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 – my door is open and the kettle is always on for any BB member lucky enough to find their way to Lille !!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I’m absolutely going to have to pass by Bunny next time I’m in the area just for a photo with the “Welcome to” sign…. !!!!
      I shall trawl Google for more ‘cute’ town names… and we’ll have to make a story out of them…
      I’ve got a feeling there are some bizarooid ones in the US too ….

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Vienna: Chewie and I may just pop by during our relocation since I’m widening my house search and also looking into finding a chill part-time job somewhere to help give my days some structure (since I’m single now, I don’t think I could sit around the house all day – even writers need to get out). I should be able to offer SOMEthing to SOMEbunny with my various languages and random collection of skills and knowledge and experience. I don’t even need to get paid much, since Chewie and I will be living on French forage (yay salad soup!). teeheehee

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Yesterday and today have been the kind of day that should be banned, tomorrow not looking like it’ll be much better. 

Thank goodness for cute sleepy bunnies! 

Note Podge’s feet  what kind of bun crosses his paws?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

A chilled bun, that’s who ! – or one pretending to be so as that’s what I do in the dentist’s chair…..!!!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 – no worries –
      Not sure you’d choose the north of France to relocate to for retirement but you’re more than welcome of course – I would choose something more rural, more sunshine, more cheery people… lol (i’m in a tiny surburban town house not in a lovely rural farmhouse like most people think UK expats are…  

• Bam

GJ, thank goodness for cute pics of cute sleepy bunnies =) It RAINED here today. The raspberries are ripe but it rains so much they turn to jam on the shrubs =(
      We went hiking in the woods today and we shouldn’t have. The dog was happy though, she doesn’t mind rain.

I don’t mind a little bit of rain, but this was not a little bit.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I feel that in bunny land, Podge is the equivalent of the cool guy from the Dos Equis commercials – the most interesting bun in the world.

• Bam

Q8, I’d never seen that commercial! Hilarious! That guy is the human equivalent of Podge =)

Podge is way cuter though. Today Podge must be having happy thoughts, because the sun is shining. Thank you, Podge!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

No dandelion stalks anywhere right now, so Podge is having to make do with long grass instead.

Here he is, modelling the wind swept look

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

He doesn’t look that upset with that grass….. it’s flying down !!

• Bam

With the wind in his hair!

At the age of about a year,
      Podge realized that he’d always
      live with Gina and the bunpigs

& with the warm wind in his hair.

(The (Happy) Ballad of Podgy-Wodgy. Orginal song by M Faithful.)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Podge likes his Happy Ballad 

Its cuddle time right now…

• Azerane

Awww, cuddle bunnies

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That was totally me and Chewie ten minutes ago.

• Bam

They’re a picture of perfect bliss.

I love this thread. Sorry about the silly ballad =)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Its the circle of life!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That’s it. *kidnaps Podge and Gina and runs back to Kuwait*

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 7/09/2016 3:14 AM

That’s it. *kidnaps Podge and Gina and runs back to Kuwait*

You wouldn’t have the heart to disturb them 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Super symmetry strikes again!

• Bam

Just beautiful.

I’m happy to have them to look at. It’s RAINING. Might as well be November here.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Buns are finally back outside today, but ground is still way too wet for little piggy boy paws. November is right

• Bam

If I were to take the buns out today I’d need to teach them to swim first =(

Poor little piggies missing out. But I bet they will be compensated food-wise!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Of course not the same tho, is it

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

4 months today since Podge arrived in his forever home, and he and Gina are as cosy together as ever 

Everybun/piggy is celebrating with the first home grown celery leaves and carrot tops of the year 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yaaay Podge my snookums!

• Bam

Podge-update! I can’t believe it’s only 4 months! I was certain he’d been “our” Podge for much longer
      Looks like his bangs have grown out. What a handsome boy he is! Too bad Q8 has already stolen him or I would’ve.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

And cos you can never have too many pics of Gina snuggling into Podge…

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Soooooo cute !!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Apologies this thread has been quiet, but I think this pic is worth waiting for?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Ooof! The cuteness of Gina’s arm on Podge slays me.

• Bam

That truly is a slayer-pic

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Podge : Hold on to me sweetheart and you won’t fall off that corner.
      Gina : I’m holding honey, I’m holding !!
      Podge : Good! Now while you’re there, be a love and give me a bit of a tumtum massage !

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

jenny and the boys… I wonder what they are planning here?

• Bam

That’s an easy one, GJ: World domination. Bunnies are always plotting world domination. They take your heart, then your home and then they take Manhattan and then they go on from there

• Odette
      Participant
      584 posts Send Private Message

I think the happiest place in the world might be sitting among your bunnies.

And, yep, they’re plotting. Odette is a solo bun, but I know the look.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Gina. How are the new arrivals getting on ?

• Reesebun
      Participant
      1026 posts Send Private Message

Let’s keep the adorable Podge pics comin’! lol

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

• jerseygirl

Muah !

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Squeee! Those feetses and that cottonball tail!
      I’ve missed my darling boy.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

It’s the facial hair that gets me !! I must admit if there would ever be a husbun for Zou, I think it would have to be a facial hair challenged boy.

• Bam

The facial hair and the elaborate eye-make up! I think it’s No7 Stay Perfect Mascara.

The butt is irresistible too. How can you not pinch it?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

What do you mean, I’ve already ate all the dandelion stalks

• Bam

Podge, you can come visit me, my potted dandelion plant had 5 flowers today and more are on their way.

How is his tummy now, btw?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

on the booplesnoot

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Podge approves of his shiny new throne!  

nb – the photo makes it look way shinier than it really is

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

It looks like shimmering water in the mediteranean at high noon.

• Bam

Or like the Aegean sea in silvery moonshine

With Gina in the background plumping up the cushions for her husbun. Domestic bliss!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Moonshine !! SO much better

• Odette
      Participant

That’s not what moonshine means here! Though, I’ll take that too!

Gina and Podge have approved the new couch– and claimed it!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

LOL Cheers!

• Bam

LOL Odette!
      Moonshine can mean several things. Sonn’s English lop is called Moonshine. Scroll down for a beautiful pic:
      https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/148814/Default.aspx

• Odette
      Participant

Awwh! Moonshine is a handsome boy. English lops are elegant with their long ears.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Today we are celebrating Podge’s mid-gotcha day Six months of bunny content, with Gina and the others

E

Everybun and pig else joined in, including Jenny

• Bam

Happy mini-gotcha day, Podge!!! What a lovely veggie-party!!!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I can’t believe I’ve had a huge crush on Podge for only six months

• Odette
      Participant

Happy 6 month Gotcha Day, Podge! Those party greens look yummy.

• Niamian
      Participant

Happy mid-gotcha day Podge!
      May your path always be filed with dandelion and fresh grass… Live long and prosper!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

The recent rain has meant a dandelion explosion on the nearby field. Today my friend came with me and helped me pick a tasty feast, with lots of stalks for all 

Mini really chilled out after, with a full tum  making full use of both kitten trees

• Odette
      Participant

Such happy, beautiful bunnies!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I’ve missed your fluffle this past month. Especially my handsome rogue.

• jerseygirl

Mini !

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

As bunny parents – our eyes are fixed on other things outside – my eyes go wide when I see a secret stash of dandelions somewhere… and friends are often obliged to stop and watch or join in whilst I pick away, frantically, like someone who has just had a pile of ($100) dollar notes thrown on the floor in front of them….
      A trio (nearly said “threesome” there !) really is lovely to see….

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Went back today to harvest some more, I said to my friend ‘its a shame we have to wash them as that leaves the leaves too wet to dry, I need a giant salad spinner’. (The field is in constant use for dog walking, so not washing is not an option ).

As we started washing it occurred to me I do have a big spinner – one designed for clothes. A clothes spinner does a fantastic job of spin drying dandelions

I now have a full big bagful of freshly laundered dandelions drying in a bigger box in the garage, another cloth bagful in the fridge and eight very full tums

• Bam

A clothes spinner! I never would’ve thought of that =)

Lucky buns, dandelions in October.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Lots of dandelions still here too… for the minute…. (No clothes spinner though !! – would a hairdryer do the job??!!! LOL)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Lucky buns indeed, there were more stalks than even Podge could eat and Snickers clearly agrees they are awesome fun to eat

its probably the first time she and Mini have eaten them, as the odd one still growing in my back garden always goes to Podge and the pet shop was told they had previously been fed muesli, when they were dropped off there. Both of them clearly see every food, even fresh hay in the boxes, as treats 

It would be a long job with a hairdryer, maybe a washing machine spin cycle. Sadly, I don’t have a tumble dryer else I’d have followed the spin by a tumble

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

“Washing machine spin cycle……” lol – it’s a possibility, but I won’t be trying that I don’t think…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

And here I was thinking “I have the LG but not the greens”

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Here, hot of the press is proof that bunnies actually can be sated on dandelions

Pippi, Mini and Snickers often squeeze into one hay box, while the other hay boxes sit unoccupied

And Mini just wants to show off his photogenic side

• Bam

Oh how cute they are, sitting in the hay-box all three together =)

Mini’s coloring is lovely. Like a mink’s.

• BrunosMama
      Participant
      1462 posts Send Private Message

GJ, is the hay box to keep their hay contained or is it a litterbox with hay? It seems like a good idea. However, i have an old blind cat that thinks hay is a good place to wee. The box would really convince him lol.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Both. The hay boxes keep the hay contained and are lined with half puppy training pad. The pads get replaced once wet, saves a lot of hay, and bunnies self litter train pretty much straight away, even Podge. (Podge isn’t altered on the advice of two vets) Mini and Snickers got the knack of using the hay boxes within a day or two of moving in too, and they were totally un-litter-trained when they got here

And it means there’s not too much hay on the floor, though some invariably gets tossed out in the hunt for that best bit that everybun knows is hiding in every box! 

• BrunosMama
      Participant
      1462 posts Send Private Message

Hmmm. Yes, the buns start off with a tidy pile of hay in the corner and within in an hour it’s rooted through and spread about lol.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Abso-bloomin-lootly agree !

I put hay in a reeeeeeally heavy round and low sided flowerpot in Henry’s cage. Next morning, upside down all hay underneath – stoopid wabbit !!
      (Luckily there was the flowerpot’s big brother in the cage with hay in too, which Henry didn’t turn over!)

• Bam

The best hay-pieces are always at the bottom of the pile, everybunny knows that

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Podge’s ‘watching Dr Who’ face  sat comfy on his throne, of course

Anyone notice the tell tale crumbs that show how fast the spun dandelions dried

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Oh my goodness!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

It’s the voice effects for the daleks (I had to Google the word, I would have added an “R’ …) that makes him sit up and watch
      we will exterminate
      we will exterminate
      we will exterminate
      we will exterminate
      we will exterminate
      we will exterminate

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Podge is sending out an SOS to the Dr or anyone else with a working TARDIS…

Ooops. The need to claim my nice shiny velvet throne got too much. Need bun-napping by TARDIS, so bun-napper can get me away BEFORE mum finds out not after, as she is not impressed

Good supplies of dandelions also essential. Preferably fresh but will settle for dried, given the emergency.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Did somebun in the house do a wee on the sofa
      Was it you GJ? Come on, you can tell us….
      You’re really suffering since the boys have left, aren’t you? How are they by the way?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Some bun in the house has recently taken strong objection to my computer mouse being on his throne. Mouse was occupying throne at the time of the incident…

Mouse has been attacked several times for daring to sit on said throne. Try explaining to a bunny that just cos its called a mouse doesn’t mean its alive and challenging a bunny for his throne!

Boys doing fine so far Buns and study give little time to miss them, though it is nice never to find the toilet seat left up, or a puddle behind that throne

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Are you talking about the boys there or the buns ??

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Buns have been banned from the bathroom ever since Pippi took a swim in that throne!

Worst of it was when he jumped out and shook himself like a dog does

He couldn’t understand why he needed a bath when he was already wet through???

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LOL – I do worry when Henry comes visit me in the bathroom (it’s next to the kitchen) I have to move fast to put the lid back down because I’m sure he’d be up there (and splash !) in a jiffy !!

My bridge bun Muffin fell in the pond once (a milli-second before I caught him) – there is nothing more pathetic looking than a wet through bun.. all that fur disappears into nothing !! (actually a wet-through cat is a close second !!)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

• Bam

Da Podge!!!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

That should be in the pic competition thread for the current category…. most kissable ‘pif’ (in french!)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Da Heli-Podge…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

So smoochable!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Here is Podge showing off todays booty from the local market…

The two blue bags are filled with free nom-noms, the one on the right turned out to be a jackpot – its FULL of carrot tops, so plenty for all tonight for supper  Podge apologises for the poor quality of the following pics, the new camera was faulty and mum had to use the camera on the kindle

And some live action of the bun himself

https://www.amazon.co.uk/clouddrive/share/LY3AnrYLC9QxrVT8UhSOb2lygwSpkwtp1sYfxwex9xx?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I’ve missed my other boy

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

We like nice surprises !!!!!!! Full of carrot tops….woohoo !!!

• Reesebun
      Participant

I didn’t know bunnies could eat brussel sprouts!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Mine all eat the whole plant, and did last winter too. loose sprouts can cause wind if too many are given, but the buns were introduced to them slowly, and eat different bits of the plant each time. the main stalk is very woody, and they chew on it like a dog on a bone. this time of year, when getting enough fresh veg for 8 hungry mouths gets expensive, they really save money, as the market sells these stalks fairly cheap, and they last each bun pair a few days

• Bam

Bam likes a brussel sprout or two. But they’re never sold with the stems here. It’d be perfect for my dog if they did. She gets the kale-stems.

One time I even saw Bam and Effi share the same big kale-leaf – Bam was chewing on the curly end and Effi was nibbling at the stemmy end. Of course no way did I get the camera out quick enough to take a picture, but it was really cute!

• BubblesJo
      Participant
      458 posts Send Private Message

They can eat the Brussels sprouts stems? I had no idea, Chester just gets half a sprout as a treat when we get them. Next time I get the stems in my CSA box I know what I’ll do with them

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

New Year bunstruction

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Podge is trialling the new ‘no ear look’ of the season…

they’re ‘ear really  need to clean my face once the ears are done

Podge – ‘Groom me’, Gina – ‘I can’t see you asking’

And further settee bunstruction…

• jerseygirl

Oooh lovely photos! Loving the no ear look. It’s a fashion that’s really catching on, isn’t it?! 

Podge – ‘Groom me’, Gina – ‘I can’t see you asking’

I had a good chuckle over that.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By jerseygirl on 1/16/2017 7:55 AM

Oooh lovely photos! Loving the no ear look. It’s a fashion that’s really catching on, isn’t it?! 

Podge – ‘Groom me’, Gina – ‘I can’t see you asking’

I had a good chuckle over that.

So did Gina

• Bam

Thank you for this, Gina! My back is hurting really bad today but a dose of Podge and Gina helped

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Hahah! Love your characters.
      Also, great movie collection. I highly approve of all visible titles

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

They were fun GJ !! Brilliant. Gina (or GizmoGina) : Too bright! Too bright!! Podge, your whiteness is too bright !!

Oh bam – what have you gawn and done to your poor back…..

• Reesebun
      Participant

Posted By Gina.Jenny on 10/21/2016 4:21 AM

Podge’s ‘watching Dr Who’ face  sat comfy on his throne, of course

What an adorable face! He looks like he is really into it. I’m really into it too as you can tell (you are not alone Podge!), I’ve got my “Doctor Who watching shirt” on!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Podge and co enjoyed a very welcome couple of hours outside in some lovely sunshine today, unfortunately the sun was too bright to take any decent photos. everybun made the most of the time, nom-nomming grass and basking in the sun

it was Snicker’s and Mini’s turn for floor time when they came in, Snickers ran a few bunny 500s at top speed, before crashing out contentedly, leaving Mini the fresh hay box in the living room all to his mini self

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

A perfect execution of the right-angled chillaxing pose by Snickers there, may I say…

Toes pointing out, ears at right angles….. a perfect execution indeed !!

• Bam

They all look so heartwarmingly beautiful and harmonious. So perfect all of them!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Given that Podge and Latte always seemed to have a bond when out in the garden, I decided to see how latte felt about some very closely supervised floor time with Podge

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

After some initial sniffing, it turned into a game of follow my leader….

Gina came round to investigate, so I thought it was time to lift Latte up….

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Aww… they look so sweet

• BunnyFriends
      Participant
      383 posts Send Private Message

Awwh Very color-coordinated.

Is Latte feeling any better after being with Podge? {{Latte}}

• Bam

They look stunning together! It must’ve been a nice distraction for Latte.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Given how well it went with Podge, I decided to try Latte with Mini and Snickers a couple of hours later….

Latte went straight into their space

But both buns were just curious…

Mini soon decided the hay boxes in the living room were more interesting, but Snickers was fascinated …

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Ahhhhh good on ya Latte !

• Bam

Squeee, that’s so cute! Fingers crossed Latte will make new friends among the long-ears

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

These cabbage leaves from the local market are as big as the buns

Where’s mine?

Nom nom

Podge – ‘can’t get enough in my mouff at once’

Gina – ‘Leave me some!’

Yay, it’s ginormous

Race you to the middle! winner gets the stalk…

• Azerane

Good grief, where do they put it all?! So cute.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Hahah! Love the captions

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Azerane on 2/03/2017 5:16 AM

Good grief, where do they put it all?! So cute.

Put all what  who are you callin’ a greedy pig

Oh, you mean that little leaf mum gave me?

Now you mention it, it is time for seconds

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Which one to choose…

Where are you off to…Nowhere, honest

Podge! see where he’s gone

I knew it, the grass really is greener

Whadya mean, this isn’t my grass?

Do you wanna know a secret?

No kidding!

And there’s more…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Oh, Podge and Latte. Brothers from different mothers

• Reesebun
      Participant

The Guinea pig has a bit of brown next to its eye!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Valentine bunnies

Sealed with a ‘X’

Stuff romance, this carrot is MINE!

I LOVE carrots  and carrots <3 Latte

• Q8bunny
      Participant

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Lucky bunnies (and Latte!)……

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

You’ve heard of the gravy train, now meet the grass train …

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Choo choo! That’s a brill photo, GJ. So glad to see you all so cheerfully engaged *hug*

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Thanks to the kind lady at the market giving me two bunches worth of free carrot tops, all six buns very quickly forgave their first dose of Panacur

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Handsome plushy rascals
      Thaaanks, kind market lady!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Grapes, glorious grapes

And some dande-nom-lions yesterday…

• Bam

Goodness G.J, those pix are priceless

• Q8bunny
      Participant

SQUEEEEE! These are precious! The tongue one! And the one with the grape in his mouf! And the garden bundles of cuteness! Too much cute

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Yaaaaaay  Its spaghetti season  (latte ate his too quick to photo)

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Sweetness! Velvety bun booplesnoots

• Bam

The darlings! They really are the velvetiest =) Bam has also had bun spaghetti today =)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

The Podge Theatre Co is proud to present ‘Its a hard knock life for us’

• Blue Moon
      Participant
      436 posts Send Private Message

podge and all of your bunnies are so cute GJ

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Grass, glorious grass !!!

• Blue Moon
      Participant

the grass train was so cute

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Bringing down the house! Bravi! Bravi!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Mayday, mayday, its dandelion May Day  we are surrounded, and will have to eat our way out

Just love this pic of Snickers

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I don’t know if its the same over there. I don’t know where the leaves have gone, but there are LOADS of naked stalks around.
      Snickers looks as if he is really sucking it up !!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Everybun looks so plump and fluffy and glossy and focused and contented

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 5/01/2017 4:00 AM

I don’t know if its the same over there. I don’t know where the leaves have gone, but there are LOADS of naked stalks around.
      Snickers looks as if he is really sucking it up !!

Loads of stalks but few leaves here too, maybe the cold spell over the past week or so has something to do with it?

Stalks are always welcome, and every bun and Latte knows the sound of a dandelion stalk snapping

Here, Mini has merged into the shadows  

You can just see Pippi has bitten his in the middle, to get the double stalk intake they all go for, so they can scoff theirs down twice as fast 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Podge’s ‘I’m not moving from this spot, I know there are still lots of dandelions left to be picked’ stance

• Bam

It looks just lovely! It’s raining here today. Bam hasn’t been outside yet because it’s only been a week since his vaccinations were all done.

Bam loves the stalks but he refuses to eat the flowers.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

After a busy day of sun, grass and dandelions, nothing beats a pile of carrot tops to end the day nicely

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Great Scott! I know I’ve said it before, but in my next life, I want to be a member of your fluffle.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Lol Q8. You do know Podge is already spoken for though! I can’t see Gina sharing him, she chased him away from me a couple of nights back, just cos he was enjoying some ear rubs

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

@ Shiver_Rose in May Pictures, https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/158905/afpg/5/Default.aspx

here’s some BB cuteness for you  with some bonus cheek from Snickers thrown in for free

• BunnyFriends
      Participant
      383 posts Send Private Message

Aww I can’t get over Podge’s pic, it’s so cute! My rabbit turn their heads while they eat so no piccies then.

Did Latte get to come out?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Yep, Latte is out too, though where he is putting all that grass after the amount of melon skin he ate overnight is beyond me

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Squeee! *swoon* I love your fluffle so much!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Daisy, daisy, give me your answer do, you’re so tasty, daisy, its time to chew

What’dya mean, its daisy or daisy, where are the dandelions, mum?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

• Blue Moon
      Participant

GJ your bunnies are so cute

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Blue Moon on 5/27/2017 7:52 AM

GJ your bunnies are so cute

Thanks  I think so too

Not sure if it was helping him keep cool in the heat, but Podge was super extending his front paws in the sphinx pose this afternoon

• Bam

He completely out-sphinxes the Sphinx! They should rename it the Podge!

Bam likes to lie like that sometimes. Doesn’t look comfy one bit!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

A few days ago, I was tucking into a post-gym snack of some breakfast biscuits, as a healthier option than a chocolate bar. I put one down in front of the TV, and Podge grabbed it an ran off with the end that snapped off as I tried to grab it back. Since then, its become impossible to eat one in peace if Podge is around. Offering him a tiny piece doesn’t work, apparently they taste better stolen  

Just now, I left a tiny piece beside me, making sure he doesn’t get more than a tiny bit this time. He honked really loudly while eating his tiny stolen morsel

Pics are blurred as he was in pounce mode

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yep. This settles it. Chewie and Podge ARE brothers from different mothers. Only Chewie is like this with virtually EVERYthing I eat

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Its a new trick for Podge, I recon he and Chewie have been FaceTiming Discussing technique etc!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Those rascals and their mastery of high tech toys

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Every bun has decided that the giant daisies from the garden are scrummy after all – to the point where daisies can be used as an acceptable apology after spraying them with Fly Strike Protector   

Some buns show the spikey hair look better than others, Mini takes first prize with the best spikes and a clear moult-line too 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I want to hug that whole fluffle

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I did !!!! (Well nearly…..)

• Bam

Oh Vienna, we’ll never forgive you for that

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Sleepy Sphinx 

• Bam

My Podge!!!
      (Well, ok, I know, he’s not all mine. But still!)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

He says, for a whole breakfast biscuit, he’s anyone’s for the taking!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Hey!! Bam! Waddaya mean “your” Podge?
      *runs over with a whole box of breakfast biscuits*

• Bam

???

Breakfast biscuits for Podge!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Too late, BamBam! ???

• Bam

???

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Cozy dozies 

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Sweet lovebirds.

• Bam

They look so perfect for each other!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

‘Look into my eye, You WILL open a packet of breakfast biscuits’

‘Pleeeeease open a packet of breakfast biscuits’

‘I won’t give in til you do open a packet of breakfast biscuits’

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LOL !!! Is he still laying there ??

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Nope, he’s tried climbing over my shoulder to sniff hopefully at my mouth, then he stood on my chest till I turfed him off to type! He’s not accepting its the wrong time of day nor that I’m full from eating a jacket potato with cheese – Podge says such a dumb thing to eat when I could have chosen bickies to share with HIM!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

???
      Your gorgeous beach bunny sounds so much like my beach bunny that I got goosebumps.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

They practice these looks in front of each other, and discuss techniques, when they Skype/FaceTime, when we aren’t looking

That leaning in appealingly, with the paws to the side (pic 2), is a new one!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yep. It’s the only possible explanation.

• Bam

Podge is irresistible, Chewie is irresistible. It does seem likely it’s a conspiracy ?

Viewing 401 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.