Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Adopting an Older Bonded Pair – UPDATED!!!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bunnies4ever
      Participant
      368 posts Send Private Message

Hi Guys,

I want to thank everyone for your help and advice concerning adopting Cody and Charlie.  Unfortunately, when their foster mom took them to the vet for their check-up before adoption, Charlie was diagnosed with pasturerella and their foster mom doesn’t feel they are adoptable at this time.  I was a little disappointed since I had waited anxiously for their arrival.  She will keep them in foster care until Charlie is healthy.  The vet is unsure about Charlie’s outcome.  So far, Cody hasn’t shown any symptoms.  In the meantime, I was contacted about another pair of bonded lops that need a good home.  Luna and Stella are 9 mos old, spayed females and are the sweetest bunnies you could ever meet  Here are some pictures I took when I went to see them.  Aren’t they cute! ?

• Floppy
        Participant
        490 posts Send Private Message

They are super adorable!!!

• Twilight
          Participant
          44 posts Send Private Message

How sweet!

• JK
            Participant
            2223 posts Send Private Message

No kidding they are so adorable! I’m sorry about the others but maybe it just wasn’t meant to be…

• Gravehearted
              Participant
              2428 posts Send Private Message

sending healing wishes for Charlie – hope he’ll be feeling much better soon. I’m sorry to hear it didn’t work out, but am glad you’ve got the love in your heart to adopt another pair, since they are tougher to adopt out. Luna and Stella are precious 🙂

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

OMGosh they are sooo cute! Stella and Luna are adorable. I too am sorry to hear about Charlie and Cody and wish the best for them both.

• BinkyBunny
                  8776 posts Send Private Message

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! So what’s your plan now?

• babybunsmum
                    Participant
                    3896 posts Send Private Message

cuddly lops… oh so cute! 

• Bunnies4ever
                      Participant

I bought them home last night and they have settled in. They are so adorable! When I went to pick them up, I saw that their former mom was using cedar shavings in their cage and I gasped with horror! I knew that was a no-no and quickly dumped the cedar shavings and told her that was not a good thing to use and explained why. I put Luna and Stella in my travel cage and placed them in the car. She’s a college student, so she doesn’t have too much money. She was giving them the commercial pellets and feeding them alfalfa hay. I think it might be time to transition them to oxbox pellets and oxbow timothy hay (slowly of course). What do you guys think?

They are still discovering their surroundings and seem to be pretty mellow. Stella is the lop with the white markings and Luna is the cocoa brown one.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                        Participant
                        12067 posts Send Private Message

Woohoo! Congrats on your new buns! And good job spreading bunny wisdom!

• Thumpers_Mom
                          Participant
                          171 posts Send Private Message

congrats on the new buns…they are sooo pretty! I agree that it would be good to transition them to a better feed. Good luck and keep us updated.

• Gravehearted
                            Participant
                            2428 posts Send Private Message

hurray! welcome home Luna and Stella hope they settle in well.

• adopt a bunny!
                              Participant
                              6 posts Send Private Message

Congrats on your two new furbabies. Stella and Luna are adorable!

• Scarlet_Rose
                                Participant
                                4293 posts Send Private Message

Yay! Welcome home Luna & Stella, you have an awesome bunny mum that will take such good care of you and spoil you rotten (in a good way). I am also glad you were able to pass along a grain of wisdom to the fosterer.

• skunklionshow
                                  Participant
                                  1257 posts Send Private Message

They are super cute!  Do you know where they named for the book, “Stella Luna”.  Stella Luna is/was a fictional bat.  I have the book.  I had named a foster cat Stella Luna.

• BinkyBunny
                                    8776 posts Send Private Message

YEAH! Congrats!

• Lisa_43
                                      Participant
                                      1499 posts Send Private Message

Congrats on the new buns, they are adorable.

• Bunnies4ever
                                        Participant

Thank you everybody! They have settled in just fine. I was a little worried at first, but they seem to love their new home. I can’t believe how friendly they are. Kahlua and Chloe aren’t the friendliest bunnies, so I was taken back when Luna hopped right over to me as soon as I came in the room. I’m making the slow transition to Oxbow timothy hay and pellets and they love them! They have already been introduced to veggies, and their faves are romaine lettuce, parsley and cilantro. Their former mom was feeding them carrots and I’ve never given any of my buns carrots, just papaya. I will test the papaya this weekend. I wll take a picture of their new home and upload it to the website so you can see how much space they have!

• KatnipCrzy
                                          Participant
                                          2981 posts Send Private Message

Wow, are they ever cute!  Congratulations!

Sometimes things are just meant to be- it sounds like Stella and Luna were meant to be with you.  What lucky bunnies- it must be like winning the rabbit lottery to get a new home that knows how to take care of them properly!

Julie

• kittsbuns
                                            Participant
                                            196 posts Send Private Message
                                              What cute lops I just want to grab them and cuddle them. Your so lucky. Good luck you will be a great bunny mom to them.

• MooBunnay
                                              Participant
                                              3087 posts Send Private Message

Yay! I’m so glad to hear they are settling in well Good job on taking such good care of them. You have to watch out for those friendly bunnies, they can trip up your feet sometimes when you’re not expecting it. My little black bunny named Martin is super friendly and is always running circles around my feet, I always have to shuffle all around my room so that I don’t “punt” him across the room one day!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                Participant
                                                12067 posts Send Private Message

OOOHh and isn’t it the worst when you give them a little ‘punt’ cuz the goober got under foot!!?!?!? Oh, its like you poor little dear, and here I am big oaf don’t even know your there!! I feel terrible when that happens!!

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Adopting an Older Bonded Pair – UPDATED!!!