Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Yellow vs. clear pee

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • PocketFaeries
      Participant
      81 posts Send Private Message

Since using the pee pads on our couch (where Finn has been doing the territorial marking), I’ve been afforded the opportunity to do an impromptu pee analysis everytime the white pad gets wetted.

I noticed that this morning, Finn excreted purely clear liquid. Just now, a bring yellow spot in vivid color came out instead.  Sometimes I see it’s yellow, others, clear.

Is this an indication of the "marking" versus truly urinating, or is something else going on?  Do your buns also oscillate between clear and yellow pee?  Thanks for any help!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

I don’t know about the marking…But….

Rabbits urine can range in colors and can even be red!! Its because of their diet and shouldn’t alarm you!

Here’s a great article on rabbit urine (you know your a rabbit mommy when…. hehe)

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/3-1/red-urine.html

• PocketFaeries
          Participant
          81 posts Send Private Message

Thanks so much for the answer and article like to boot!  I’ll read it shortly.  I had wondered if the urine color change had to do with hydration, as it can in humans, or diet.  Thanks for soothing my new mommy nerves on this!

• osprey
            Participant
            2065 posts Send Private Message

I have noticed that the greens the bunnies eat really effect the color of the urine.  Last Christmas when DJ was just fascinated with eating the tree, his pee turned bright orange.  Carrot tops appear to have a similar effect.

• MooBunnay
              Participant
              3087 posts Send Private Message

Hahahaha DJ has a taste for pine? How funny! My bunnies pee used to change colors quite a bit, but now we are pretty consistent with what hay and vegetables they get so it hasn’t really changes that much. I think they are pretty healthy for the most part, and they have a yellow-ish pee color. Raymond just had a pee accident on the couch yesterday (poor guy ) so I got a good look

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

ooo osprey – that’s pretty funny!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                  Participant

Speaking of bunny pee…

Kokanee has always had big pees …But kahlua’s are so small and frequent…Is this just preference, or because she is little…Or could she have a bladder infection?
                    Does everyone’s bun’s make big pees?

• BinkyBunny
                    8776 posts Send Private Message

No, not all make large areas of pees. Bailey and Jack pee big, and Rucy, pees in several smaller areas. I guess if a bunny likes to mark more, then they would use more of their urine to do that. But if you see any other issues, like she’s straining, or seems uncomfortable, or hangs out the litterbox for a longer period of time than normal. Also bunnies dealing with UTI’s may not make it to their litterbox and begin peeing right outside the box.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                      Participant

Thanks! I will keep an eye for anything like that! Just wanted to check as they have such different pee’s!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Yellow vs. clear pee