Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Red bump on his finger?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • leo330
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

hello guys

i have a holland lop bunny who is 9 months old

yesterday i trimmed his nails and after a few hours i noticed a red bump on his finger

today after one day of trimming his nails it’s still there!

he dont feel itshy and his appetite is great and he run around and moves alot like usual!

I remember when i trimmed this specific nail he moved like someting hurt him and i’m sure i didnt get close to the quick so now i’m worried what’s the problem

here’s pictures of it

please help! 🙁

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

Is this on top of the foot or underneath?

Does he react like its painful when you touch it?

• leo330
            Participant

He has it on his top of his hand

and when i touch it he doesn’t react at all like it’s not even there

and one more thing he always likes to dig it’s his fav thing to do , and he still does it even after this bump showed up

• LBJ10
            16908 posts Send Private Message

Hmm… it’s hard to tell. Is it a bump underneath the skin? Or is it on top of the skin, like a growth?

• leo330
              Participant

Isn’t it the same thing? The finger it self is swollen and red i tried to post a clear picture but it didn’t let me

• LBJ10
                16908 posts Send Private Message

No, sometimes bunnies get things like papillomas, which are growths on the surface of the skin. They look somewhat like warts. A bump underneath the skin would suggest something like an abscess or tumor.

Could he have had an injury? Like something poked his toe and it formed a small abscess?

• leo330
                  Participant

No he hasn’t had any injury , but at that day when i noticed the bump it was the same day that i trimmed his nails and he flinched but i made sure no blood came out , should i wait a few days before i go to the vet? cause he still seems okay he eats drink, etc… and its not getting worse

• Bam
                    16877 posts Send Private Message

This is a bit of a tricky case. None of us here are vets and even a normal vet would most likely have difficulties assessing this just from pictures. If the finger itself is swollen there could be some sort of inflammation going on, but the fact that he doesn’t flinch when you touch it and he’s still digging contradicts a recently broken toe. The safest thing is to contact a vet, preferably a rabbit-savvy vet. They might just tell you to keep an eye on it.

If it becomes bigger or you see him start licking or biting it, obviously something is up and it should be seen. An abscess can grow very quickly.

• leo330
                      Participant

Hello again

i kept an eye on it for 6 days now

and i noticed that hair started to grew back on the bump slowly

does that mean that its getting better?

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Red bump on his finger?