Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Pen Trouble

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lisa_43
      Participant
      1499 posts Send Private Message

Sorry this is rushed, on the way to work.

I have a pen around the bunnies cage so they can get more run time, it lookes about the same hight as BB’s pen.

They manage to jump over the top of it and get out, any suggestions? They can also push it along the ground as it is not secure.

I am thinking of attaching it to wood like BB has, BB can you let me know how you have done yours? Because I am working now they don’t get to run out in the garden etc, the time I get home is mosquito time, so most of the time it is in their  pen.

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

DJ used to do this when I housed him in an XPen.  I took an old sheet and layed it over the top of the pen, securing it with wooden clothes pins.  If they move the pen around, you may have to secure it or weigh it down so they can’t move it anymore.

• reds2212
          Participant
          42 posts Send Private Message

I had the same problem with Roo. I woke up one morning to find her sitting next to my bed. We ended up getting NIC cubes because it was such a hassle to put stuff on top and then take it down again. She has run of most of the house now but she is penned out in certain areas and she is now starting to push the pens out to get where she wants.

• Lisa_43
            Participant

I have NIC cubes, I have a pen that is quite big and circles their condo, I like to open the condo and let them run around the pen. I have other animals so it is nearly inpossible to allow them free roaming of the house. At the moment they are in the condo more than they are out. 🙁

• babybunsmum
              Participant
              3896 posts Send Private Message

would it help to put another row of NIC panels along the pen?  or are they climbing out?  you could zip-tie vertical fibreglass tie-rods for stability like the one i have horizontally supporting the roof over pinky’s upper level.

15891524671.jpg

• Lisa_43
                Participant

They jump over the top; they also chew through cable ties now I have metal rings that squeeze around the cubes to keep them together. I was thinking of buying netting (like fish netting), I would have to see how wide the holes are to make sure their heads do not get caught.

I will take some pictures of the pen so you can see. I was thinking of setting it up a bit like BB’s and attaching it to the wood, I have had heavy things holding it down but I think all seven of them manage to still move it.

• bunnytowne
                  Participant
                  7537 posts Send Private Message

oh my gosh they just pick up and move gee. the whole living quarters?!!!! what smart little buggers yeah can you anchor it down? my goodness what a bunch of buns   cotton used to jump over his 42 inch x pen. I had to put a cloth and hold it on top with clothespens. he doens’t do that anymore he is happy having the run of the living room. when determined he will push it out of his way tho.

• electro-weezle
                    Participant
                    75 posts Send Private Message

does anyone know if you can buy the panels in england or is their any way of ordering them over the internet? thanks

• Beka27
                      Participant
                      16016 posts Send Private Message

this is the cool habitats page.  it has pics of member’s condos and if you scroll down there are places in the UK where you can get them, and also websites with instructions on how to build.

https://binkybunny.com/Default.aspx?tabid=71

• babybunsmum
                        Participant
                        3896 posts Send Private Message

electro-weezle… here are a couple of links from the cool habitats page:

http://www.displaysense.co.uk/shelf-displays-and-retail-shelving-units/floor-standing-shelf-displays/wire-cube-display-12-compartments/WCS37

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/43900/Ironmongery/Shelving-Systems/Storage-Cubes/4-Cube-Display

you could also try searching the forum… i’m sure this has come up before since there are a few uk’ers here

lisa… yeah i think i need a visual of your set-up to understand completely.   i was thinking if you added panels to the height they wouldn’t be able to jump over.   the netting sounds like a good idea though… and i’m sure you could get stuff thats not too loose a weave.

• electro-weezle
                          Participant

thanks

• Swansea-Girl
                            Participant
                            18 posts Send Private Message

Hi Electro-Weezle

You can get NIC cubes in B&Q: http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9796465&fh_view_size=6&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=cube+storage&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1210628544089&isSearch=true

I live in Swansea, South Wales, UK and it took me forever to find them here. It sounds like America have everything for a happy bunny.

Please be gentle this is my first post. I have been a “visitor” to this site for nearly a year now but have never plucked up the courage to register but felt that I had to tell you that NIC cubes are available in the UK. It took me forever to find them and I wish someone had pointed me in the right direction.

I am slave to Gizmo, who is just over a year old and he is a cross between a lop and lion head but you would never guess to look at him. I have tried to add pictures to this post, sorry if they don’t come out right. I will try and get some up to date ones for you all soon. I have had Gizmo since he was a baby (since 6-7 weeks old), he was from an accident litter. Gizmo’s favourite past-time is cuddling on the sofa watching TV and giving bunny kisses.

151259372271.jpg
                              151259376954.jpg
                              151259378558.jpg

• osprey
                              Participant
                              2065 posts Send Private Message

Hi Ruth, and welcome to BB!  Your rabbit is quite stunning, I have never seen a coloring pattern like that before.  I also love the “I can’t decide if I am a lop or not” ears.

• MarkBun
                                Participant
                                2842 posts Send Private Message

He looks like a cloud on a day that isn’t sure if it’s going to rain or not… I love it.

• Gravehearted
                                  Participant
                                  2428 posts Send Private Message

Hi Ruth and Gizmo – welcome to Binky Bunny!!

Lisa – I ended up having to get a 3 foot tall x-pen since Pandy kept leaping out. where there’s a will, there’s a way when it comes to most buns

• Lisa_43
                                    Participant

Tell me about it, the little bu##ers. 🙂

• BinkyBunny
                                      8776 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Ruth! Wow, Gizmo really is gorgeous…and awe…he sounds so sweet.

• electro-weezle
                                        Participant
                                          Posted By Ruth on 05/12/2008 2:58 PM

Hi Electro-Weezle

You can get NIC cubes in B&Q: http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9796465&fh_view_size=6&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=cube+storage&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1210628544089&isSearch=true

I live in Swansea, South Wales, UK and it took me forever to find them here. It sounds like America have everything for a happy bunny.

Please be gentle this is my first post. I have been a “visitor” to this site for nearly a year now but have never plucked up the courage to register but felt that I had to tell you that NIC cubes are available in the UK. It took me forever to find them and I wish someone had pointed me in the right direction.

I am slave to Gizmo, who is just over a year old and he is a cross between a lop and lion head but you would never guess to look at him. I have tried to add pictures to this post, sorry if they don’t come out right. I will try and get some up to date ones for you all soon. I have had Gizmo since he was a baby (since 6-7 weeks old), he was from an accident litter. Gizmo’s favourite past-time is cuddling on the sofa watching TV and giving bunny kisses.

welcome!!! thankyou sooo much ive been thinking of making a NIC cube enclosure because we might be moving house soon but it is soooo hard to find them thanks thats such a help!

• electro-weezle
                                          Participant

AHHH! i am just sooo happy to find the NIC CUBES! i cant belive how cheap they are aswell because i was thinking i wouldnt be able to afford them of other sites =] thankyou sooo much ruth!

• electro-weezle
                                            Participant

… and also, your bunny is VERY cute! i love the ears teehee

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Pen Trouble