Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A OMG ur kidding..

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
    • xXPanicXx
      Participant
      286 posts Send Private Message

okay. so i have been going to the doctors for ages trying to figure out whats wrong with me, cuz im always stuffy and sneezing and i have head ahes for a long time. ANYWAYS my pc broke, so i got my dad to fix it and while he was back behind my pc, he found a clump of fur. at supper my parents told me that they think they no why im sick. they said the previous movement of the cage stired up fur. they say im alergic to my bunny. (by the way shes in my room). i am also alergic to dogs, and i have 3. so yeah. they said i have to move my bunny outta my room >.< but were else would i put her??? i have no other place in my house and i really hope they arnt thinking about putting her outside. i also tend to spend less time with her cuz shes not in my room. i d k. i really dont want her to move. if i couldbond my sis bunny with mine, then i would feel okay cuz they could be togeather somewere, but i can never bond them cuz when we attempt to, they hump. help v.v

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

I am also allergic to my bunny. I’m allergic to all animals even though i had a cat growing up. Eventually, as I got used to my cat, the symptoms subsided and that is what is happening now with my bunny.

how long have you had your bunny? I would say it would take 6 months to a year to really get used to the allergy, and since your bun is in your room it should take less time. Now I’m sure all people are different when it comes to allergies, but that is my experience. Maybe you can convince your parents to wait and see if the symptoms subside?

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

Alot of this could be seasonal allergies too. It is that time of year for that.

• xXPanicXx
            Participant

true….. i have had my bun for 2 years. i will sugest that to my mom.. thanks. yeah i am alergic to dead grass to but i didnt thik that would have anything to do with me being sick

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

it’s normal that the two buns would hump when they are in the bonding process. are they just humping or are they chasing and biting too? humping is how dominance is established and it should subside in a short time.

• Toki+Pumpkin+Elmo
                Participant
                319 posts Send Private Message

I have a air cleaner and it really helps to keep down the allergy. I bought one from Bed Bath & Beyond for $50. It’s the one that uses water and swirls it to clean the air. It’s so cool!!

I buns live in my room too and it traps the bun hair in the air.

• babybunsmum
                  Participant
                  3896 posts Send Private Message

i’m allergic to my buns too.  i think more to their hay actually.  anyways… it may help to buy an inexpensive small hand held vacuum thingy & vacuum up the hair everyday.  even a 5min bout before bed daily would really cut down on the hair floating around.

• xXPanicXx
                    Participant

oooh! smart ideas guys >.> soo yeah my parents r thinking about putting them outise, but it might not be bad, but still i dont want them outside >.< yes they chase and like bite the back of the neck,

• kimberleyanddarren
                      Participant
                      2520 posts Send Private Message

if u have 3 dogs in your house a bun in ur room wont change anything dog hairs get carried everywhere on clothes and everything there is no way to stop them, you wont be less allergic if they arent in ur room i wouldnt say.

• bunnytowne
                        Participant
                        7537 posts Send Private Message

right if you allergic to the dogs wont’ do no good putting bunny outside. you can take allergy meds til teh season is over unless it really is your bun then go to dr. about taking meds long term   oh you might be allergic to the hay I know i am I keep it in an enclosed container it doesn’t bother me as much lately either

• MimzMum
                          Participant
                          8029 posts Send Private Message

I’m starting to think shots for my allergies. Even though we live in the Arctic, mine started up months ago. I am in agony! >_< Benadryl is my best friend! *snuggles box*
                            I would definitely think the reasoning is off if you have had allergies around 3 dogs and they suddenly think you’re allergic to the bunnies. :-/ I know when my dog is in the house because I start sneezing nonstop, but my buns don’t bother me at all. Sadly, their hay gets me going, so I either have to use cubes or keep it stored in a semi-airtight plastic tub.
                            Panic, didn’t you have trouble with your bunnies being outdoors awhile back? They dug under the shed, didn’t they? 0.o

• xXPanicXx
                            Participant

no no they wernt out doors. we put them in the back yard to run around to blow off some steam (use too). its all good. my sister said that she would bond my bun with hers and make an extra big cage, and they would stay in her room, so either way, my bun has a new friend, and shes not outside. i think they should bond okay seeing as how they are sis, we just seperated them. and that way, i have more space in my room, and i can redecorate. i will not spend less time with my bun seeing as how im ALWAYS in my sis room with her. soo im happy >.<

• BinkyBunny
                              8776 posts Send Private Message

I think it would be nice for your bunny to have the comfort of another bunny pal, but just be sure (whoever is doing the bonding) that they follow the bonding steps, as two females, even if they are sisters, can fight visciously and hurt each other.

Check out the bonding info on this site as well as check out more bonding info in the links section and scroll down to “bonding” 

• Beka27
                                Participant
                                16016 posts Send Private Message

it’s very important that both your sister and yourself read over the bonding info on this site and rabbit.org. you can’t just put them together. it’s a process that might take a week or two or possibly a couple of months of working with them EVERY DAY. just b/c they are sisters, don’t think it will be easy. that has NOTHING AT ALL to do with how easily they will bond. please watch for the wrong kind od fighting, b/c if either of them suffers a bad cut or scratch it can become infected and they will need vet treatment. a neutral space for bonding is very very important… that makes both your and your sister’s rooms unsuitable for bonding. so you’ll need to find another place. please ask us if oyun ahve any qiestions about the process. i have not done it myself, but many people have and they can give more tips beyond what’s written in articles.

• kralspace
                                  Participant
                                  2663 posts Send Private Message

Artic? ok, I just have to ask, where do you live in the Artic?

Kathy

• xXPanicXx
                                    Participant

hahaha. oooh for sure! i wont not do the bonding process because they are sisters >..>))

• skunklionshow
                                      Participant
                                      1257 posts Send Private Message

I believe Mimz lives in Alaska…though I’m not sure where in Alaska!?!

• xXPanicXx
                                        Participant

that would be nice, but a little cold >.< but i like winter. ur a lucky gal. =)

• tobyluv
                                          Participant
                                          3310 posts Send Private Message

I have a friend with a house rabbit, and it turns out that her sister is allergic to rabbits, so every time she visited, she would be miserable.  They found that by keeping the apartment very clean–frequent vacuuming, dusting, shaking out bedspreads, throw pillows, stuffed animals, etc. and using an air cleaner, the sister was able to visit with little or no problems.

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A OMG ur kidding..