Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS My bunnies’ butts are too big for the maze

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    • Scarlet_Rose
      Participant
      4293 posts Send Private Message

BB – I hate to say this but my two have real problems with their “butts” and the openings in the maze.  I’ve had to cut them bigger after one very humilating (for Bonsai) and hilarious (to me) incident where he dragged the maze with his butt stuck in one of the openings when he jumped inside the maze, also going up to another level is a big issue too.   What I was wondering is that it seems to be O.K. structurally but I know your main squeeze is an architect, does he know if this is safe?  I cut about a 1″ larger circumference around.

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

LOL. sorry, Scarlet. but seriously, LMAO. [hehe.] are they very large bunnies? 8 pounds, more?

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

lol, I am still laughing at the veiw in my head…

• Kokaneeandkahlua
            Participant
            12067 posts Send Private Message

LOL!!! That’s hilarious!

• minnieservis
              Participant
              98 posts Send Private Message

lol that’s too funny. i’m sorry your bunnies have big bunny booties lol
                “i like big butts and i cannot lie….” lol

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant

LOL You guys crack me up!!! No need to apologize, I was laughing pretty hard myself when it happened and seriously had to share and wish I had video of it! Of course, I also wanted some confirmation from BB on making the “door” bigger. Oh yes, they are about 9 pounds each. And it is just “fur” getting their rear stuck.

• ADEE
                  Participant
                  499 posts Send Private Message

that is sooo funny!! I have debated getting on for our girls but Abbie is going to be 10lbs + when shes done growing

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant

ADEE Abbie might just have the same problem and as funny as it is, I wouldn’t want to see it happen to another bunny.

• MooBunnay
                      Participant
                      3087 posts Send Private Message

Hahaha, you might have to make a MazeHaven XL !! That is too funny. I couldn’t stop laughing when I heard that! I would think maybe the Californians or larger New Zealands would have the same issue so tell Bonsai not to feel too bad.

• kimberleyanddarren
                        Participant
                        2520 posts Send Private Message

oh no! poor fatty bunnies must have been hilarious though haha

• JamieM
                          Participant
                          321 posts Send Private Message

I go through this scenario everytime I have to go through a turnstyle…

Layla is a big girl too…

• Basic User Name changed!
                            Participant
                            13 posts Send Private Message

You can cut the holes bigger but you will find that the bottom portion of the opening will tend to bend and flip up.

Just make sure that if you are cutting bigger opening that there are not two larger openings at any one corner, this would weaken the corner and could cause the top to bend if your bunny stood on the corner. I don’t think it will cause a problem but it is always best to be safe than sorry.

OOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR you could trim you bunnies butt like a portuguese water dog. HAHA

test basic user's signature!

• Beka27
                              Participant
                              16016 posts Send Private Message

^^^lol!

• DaisyAndRoo
                                Participant
                                36 posts Send Private Message

I ahev a question about teh maze then.

I wanted to get it for my two for Christmas, but my girl is a large 12lb-er.  Shes a big one.
                                  If theres an 9lb bunny that can’t fit, will it be no good for my girl?
                                  My boy is only about 5lbs, all fur lol.  Majority of the weight is in his mane I think

I read the description and it says that it’ll stand up to the heavy weights, but fitting through the holes?

Anyone have any ideas?

I know they’d have a blast with that, they have the cottontail cottage they protect to death from my kittens

• BinkyBunny
                                  8776 posts Send Private Message

Jack is a 9 pounder but he’s just bulky all around and fits in just fine. The 12 pounder gal could have more of an issue. I’m going to email you about this.

• Scarlet_Rose
                                    Participant

Oh my BB, trim Bonsai like that??? LOL I would think that it is totally hilarious but Bonsai would not.

Thanks MooBunnay, I’ll console him.

• BinkyBunny
                                      8776 posts Send Private Message

Eh…that was my brilliant husband’s post. Yeah, not sure if your bunny would be too proud with that trim. Seems as if bunny buns carry some clout.

• Scarlet_Rose
                                        Participant

Aha, he was incognito then and posing as you! Never the less I got a good laugh out of it!

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS My bunnies’ butts are too big for the maze