Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Lux is gurgling again bad

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Author
    • Xxventanaxx
      Participant
      356 posts Send Private Message

So lux is having gi again I think 6 weeks later. She had a bed she laid in that she chewed open and maybe ate some of the fuzz. I called the vet and they said I can give her the same exact medicine and Metamucil I did last time that helped it pass,

difference this time is she’s eating little here and there and running around more. Last time she was legit like a board just sitting there. No poops for about 18 hours or more I think except maybe super tiny pieces.

I sure hope the medicine kicks in. Gave first dose at 6am the. Second at 430. I sure hope it gets better soon and I don’t have to take her to the vet again. Giving her the other Metamucil at 11

• Xxventanaxx
        Participant

Update just saw two poops come out of the butt 🙂 progress 😉

• Xxventanaxx
          Participant

2 more 🙂

• Xxventanaxx
            Participant

OMG!!!! I went to check her and I picked her up and a golf ball size poo ball was there! She got it all out 😉 it must of felt so good

• Xxventanaxx
              Participant

all the poop must of came out while she was laying down. Now she is just relaxing. Will give her Metamucil once more 

• Xxventanaxx
                Participant

Is it normal that she’s just being lazy after that? It cal out mushy and had to give her a bath afterwards. Same exact thing happened last time with messy poops.

is it normal that she’s just lounging around at the moment nowV

• Bam
                  16870 posts Send Private Message

How is she doing now? She should return to normal appetite and activity level pretty soon after passing that big poop.

• Xxventanaxx
                      Participant

She’s just laying down still ever since that big poop like giant. I just gave her another dose of her meds since it’s been over 8 hours. I hope she is ok.

• LBJ10
                      16898 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like a bunch of cecotrophes stuck together. I’ve seen it before following GI upset. I agree with Bam, she should return to a normal activity level after getting some relief. Does she seem uncomfortable while laying down? Or is she just lounging?

• Xxventanaxx
                          Participant

She doesn’t seem to be uncomfortable laying down I just don’t like it. Ever since the giant poop she’s been less active. I hope all is alright. I went to sleep for 2 hours then go up to give meds and she was in same spot. Talk soon

• Bam

Does she want to eat anything? If you call her, will she move?

• Xxventanaxx
                              Participant

She does move and she gives kisses

• Bam

That’s very good! It’s great that you have meds for her. Make sure she keeps warm and offer her nice things to eat,like fresh herbs.

• Xxventanaxx
                                  Participant

She’s not eating now. Taking to vet. 2 poops all night I’m worried 🙁

• Xxventanaxx
                                    Participant

Seems ever since that big poop she’s worse

• Xxventanaxx
                                    Participant

She’s at the vet now.

• Xxventanaxx
                                      Participant

Thank god we brought her to the vet. Doc said we would’ve lost her if we waited a day or more. She’s got a blockage. Either from a hair all or the foam from her bed. I said do whatever you gotta do to save her. Will give you guys updates when I find out

• Xxventanaxx
                                        Participant

Gotta keep her at the hospital over the weekend. Needs fluids to pass all the food she has. She’s very uncomfortable.

• Bam

You are a truly wonderful bun dad/family!

She ought to have snapped back to normal once she passed the big lump of poop. She should’ve been like nothing ever happened. You have great instincts.

So many many good vibes for (((((Lux)))) and you.

💜

• Xxventanaxx
                                              Participant

Thank you. Continue praying for us that she passes this safely

• pinkiemarie
                                              Participant
                                              414 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad you got her checked out. Sounds like it would have been a tragedy if you hadn’t taken her in. Please keep us posted!

• Bam

Fingers crossed and prayers. You are great bun parents. Come on, little Lux! 💗💗💗

• Xxventanaxx
                                                  Participant

I will keep you all posted thanks for so much love and support

• LBJ10

Oh no! I’m glad you caught it! Keep us updated.

• Xxventanaxx
                                                      Participant

They said they are almost all positive everything will be fine 😉 said she’s totally alert and only problem is her temperature is down a little bit which is from the GI Stasis but she has an iv and getting fluids and it should all be better. Now it’s just the bill eeekkkkk

• BZOO
                                                        Participant
                                                        329 posts Send Private Message

Hugs and happy thoughts!

Yeah, those bills can be frightening, but then you look into those eyes and it’s all worth it.

• Xxventanaxx
                                                          Participant

They said her temp is slowly raising and she’s eating enthusiastically on her own, I hope that’s a good sign

• Xxventanaxx
                                                            Participant

Doctor said her temp is up to 101.6 she made a huge pee which is great cause she was dehydrated, she’s grooming herself which is one of the best signs, hopping around and eating a lot after not eating at all. No poop yet but it’s probably like a brick waiting to crumble. Will continue to give updates!

• LBJ10

Glad things are looking up!

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                  Participant

Do you honestly think it sounds good?

• LBJ10

It sounded like progress to me. Looks like you’ve seen poop now, so things are definitely moving in the right direction.

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                    Participant

Doctor said all we are waiting for now is a bowl movement then she should be able to go home. Hearing tons of gurgles in her tummy which means motility is starting and she’s eating nonstop. Still pray for us please

• pinkiemarie
                                                                      Participant
                                                                      414 posts Send Private Message

Any poops yet? Everything else sounds positive!

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                          Participant

About 2 1/2 hours ago I got a message from them saying the pooping has begun. 4 to start with but it’s progress! Hopefully in the last 2 1/2 hours she pooped more!!

• Bam
                                                                          Moderator

Yay for poop!

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                            Participant

I hope she can come home today!

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                              Participant

Is this sickness normal to stay in the hospital for maybe 2 days?

• Bam
                                                                                Moderator

It’s not out of the ordinary, but how common it is varies between countries and states/ regions but it also varies between vet clinics. A blockage typically requires longer time at the vet than gut stasis without a blockage.

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                                  Participant

We are going to get her!!! Totally back to normal and honking and pooping up a storm. She chewed through her iv and was like get this outta me. They just called and said perfectly fine to go home!!!

• Bam
                                                                                    Moderator

Oh, I’m so happy for you! So great that she’s showing bunitude! 🥰

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                                      Participant

She’s just laying in her cage right now relaxing. The poop is legit flowing out of here it’s kind of gross haha. You look and there’s like 6 or 7 at the end falling out. Gonna take a bit to be 100% back to normal lol

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                                        Participant

Will she take a day or so to be back to normal 100% she’s pooping and eating but not moving around as much. Is that normal just wondering.

• Wick & Fable
                                                                                          Moderator
                                                                                          5781 posts Send Private Message

No way to give you an estimate, but yeah it’s going to take time. As long as you’re continuing to see increasingly good signs, that’s positive.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                                            Participant

She’s so much better. Not 100% but she had a stressful 48 hours. She’s eating here and there, drinking water and pooping here and there. Eating hay and veggies and pellets. She I put my hand in her cage she comes to it now when before she didn’t even move and let me push her around without anything. Now she won’t let me push her cause she gets pissed at me haha. I see the poops coming out which is good. Her ears are warm again and she’s constantly grooming herself. I hope it continues to get better. That was scary!

• Bam
                                                                                              Moderator

It sounds really good. It can still take quite a while for her tummy to get back to normal after a tough bout of GI stasis. It can take 2 weeks. You will probably see some weird looking poops, but the important thing is of course that there is poop.

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                                                Participant

I’m just glad she’s ok. Woke up this morning and all her veggies were eaten!!!!! Made me so happy

• Bam
                                                                                                  Moderator

Naaaw, wonderful! 😍

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                                                      Participant

Hey is it normal that she’s not eating 100% what she used too and it’s taking time to get back to 100%

• LBJ10
                                                                                                        Moderator

As long as she is eating and pooping, I would say that is a good sign. Sometimes it takes a while for them to get back to 100% after an episode like this.

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                                                        Participant

Is it normal that she’s only really eating veggies and not a lot of hay or kibble since her emergency? I think she had sweeter kibbles and hay when at the hospital. Could that by why? Like she misses the other taste? She’s eating everything else but her hay and kibbles. Destroyed her veggies

• Bam
                                                                                                          Moderator

Kibble is often the last food type they go back to. Its normal that she prefers greens. She should however go back to eating hay soon, because her tummy really needs hay.

• Xxventanaxx
                                                                                                              Participant

Ok thank you very much. She’s absolutely crazy with bunnitude so I’m glad with that 🙂

Viewing 39 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Lux is gurgling again bad