Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Linoleum Or Vinal Where To Find

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • robertherrington
      Participant
      18 posts Send Private Message

I’m working on my xpen setup to permanantly house my buns. But I need a cheap solution to cover the bottom of the xpen. Something easily cleaned. Im thinking of trying to find some scrap vinyl flooring or something like that but have no Idea where to look. ANY ideas are greatly appreciated.

Whats do you use in your xpen?

Thanks

• Lucy
        Participant
        370 posts Send Private Message

try freecycle.org or craigslist.org and post a wanted ad. you can also keep an eye out for any ads that say they are throwing out flooring.

I moved in the last few months and am still trying to rebuild the bunnies’ pen. It is going in our room this time. I got some scrap particle board that I sealed. It’s going to be put on the floor of the bedroom- where I want the bunnies’ pen. I got some tiles for free from an art gallery who had an installation- they are just standard black and white checkered titles. I’m going to use liquid nails to attach the tiles to the particle board and then use wood trim all the way around so the bunnies don’t chew on the tile or particle board.

This way the floor is really protected in case something happens.

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

You can purchase a huge roll of it pretty inexpensively at Home Depot.

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

I actually use carpets and rugs in my bunnies pens – the reason being that I find it pretty easy to vacuum the carpet in the cage once every 2-3 days, and to treat any pee stains, I just keep a spray bottle of vinegar in my closet, and I spray the stain with that and then blot it with a paper towel. My bunnies seem to enjoy that kind of flooring, though, two of them like to much on the corners of the carpet, so the idea that Fujoe had about the wood trim I think is a very good idea!

• osprey
              Participant
              2065 posts Send Private Message

I got the flooring of my guys’ pen as a remnant from a carpet/flooring store.  It is sheet vinyl.

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

we use coroplast,which I’m very happy with. lightweight and very easy to clean. it’s not really slippery like vinyl, so makes a good choice for bunny floors. you can buy it at home depot or on ebay.

• wendyzski
                  Participant
                  1312 posts Send Private Message

I found some inexpensive vinyl tiles at the $1 store and stuck them on a $1 shower curtain so that I could fold it up if necessary.  This seems to be working pretty well.  I have rugs on top of it too, but I wash them regukarly

• Deleted User
                    Participant
                    22064 posts Send Private Message

I use the vinal tiles from the dollar store under and around the litter box and food dish. Neither of my buns can walk on the vinyl or Linoleum. It is more like ice skating for bunnies. In fact neither will set foot in the kitchen unless i put them there.

• PocketFaeries
                      Participant
                      81 posts Send Private Message

I’m so glad I stopped by to read this thread!  What a fantastic idea for the bottom of the bunny area!  Thumbs up to this!

Right now Finn has the luxury of my favorite super soft fleecy blanket on the floor of the pen in the parlor.  Your flooring idea means I might just get that blanket back!   (Fleece is the material of choice for sugar gliders because it’s safe and doesn’t catch tiny nails to endanger them).  I should keep stock in the fleece business! LOL

I do know that (for those of you who are environmentally inclined) you can get flooring called Marmoleum, which is an environmentally friendly option, too.  However, budget wise, you can’t beat the fact that they have those stick on vinyl tiles at the dollar store!   I love the shower curtain idea. I’m all about shower curtains as useful household gems!  My husbands brother (who I have dubbed "My Personal MacGyver" made us a big screen to show movies and TV on…out of a shower curtain and PVC pipe!  LOL I digress….

I also have to agree with freecycle and craigslist posting. I see these periodically offered from folks who have remodeled a bathroom or kitchen and are getting rid of the flooring.  Hmmm…sounds like it’s time to reclaim my favorite soft blanket and give Finn some flooring of another sort!  Finn is already used to slick surfaces, since our house has hardwoods and the kitchen is limestone (and oh my goodness, Finn LOVES to lay and lounge on the cool limestone on a warm day)!

• BinkyBunny
                        8776 posts Send Private Message

I get sheet vinyl cheap at many just regular ‘ol flooring stores. Usually reminants are available for less than $40 bucks. I also get the carpet samples at the same place. Usually a buck for a 2 x 2 or 3 x 3 carpet sample. I put the carpet samples squares over the part of the vinyl for something soft for them to lie on.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Linoleum Or Vinal Where To Find