Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Large pea-sized hard lumps in Mini Lops ears?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • ConfuzedBunny
      Participant
      9 posts Send Private Message

Today I noticed a large hard pea-sized lump on my 9 month old neutered Mini Lops ear.

I cannot believe I never noticed it before, because it is so large that it sticks out very noticeably, it is like it popped up from no where.

When lifting the ear into the light, the lump makes a dark red shadow, and the lump can be felt from the outside and inside of the ear.

I have just noticed 2 more lumps. They are slightly smaller. One is on the same ear and the other lump is on his other ear. These seem to have a very very small tiny brown scab on them.

So basically both ears are affected…I am not sure if it is only the ears that are affected, he has very long fur so it is hard to tell if his body is okay.

I have booked the Vet, they can see me soonest by Tuesday. I am worried sick so headed here in hopes that you guys may have an idea of what this could be?

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Can you post a picture? If you add it to your profile, it should appear in your media library and then you can add it to your post.

What part of the ear are they on?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
          16908 posts Send Private Message

Yes, a picture would be helpful. From your description, it sounds like they may be papillomas.

• Bam
            16877 posts Send Private Message

Pictures would be great! If the lumps are round/oval and smooth they could possibly be small aural hematomas?

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Large pea-sized hard lumps in Mini Lops ears?