Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Introducing Blackberry And Silver !!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

As some of you may remember my two adorable little ones were dumped in a cardboard box in a school yard on December second in Montreal Canada (not a warm time of year) and later found their way to the SPCA.    Several  of you were very generous with your help and advice, assisting in designing and building their condo , clarifying points about their diet, and assisted in making their transfer from a foster family into their new home as painless as possible.  We all want to thank everyone who patiently answered my many questions, made suggestions and offered tips and hints!

Thanks to a truly wicked snow storm I had to delay collecting them (I was Not happy) but they finally came home with me on the thirteenth of April and they’ve settled in beautifully.  Blackberry feels it is his mission in life to eat almost everything he sees (raisins so far are a rare exception) and Silver is the courageous partner who bravely sets forth to investigate and report back, whether it is the wild unknown territory of the second and third levels of the condo, or underneath my desk when they are out to play.

I’m so happy I got a pair, individually and together they are delightful to spend time with.  Blackberry enjoys being groomed and Silver is trying to make up his mind, though usually it’s pretty nice and he’ll sit around for a bit permitting me to rub his head.

I could go on and on but I’ll spare you all further raptures!  (For now, I feel sure there will be more, lots more!)

• bunnylova123
        Participant
        255 posts Send Private Message

They’re gorgeous, I love their condo.

• Deleted User
          Participant

Thank You! I think they are but then I won’t pretend not to be hopelessly biased!

The condo was a lot of work, (and now that its made I wish I could start it again since now I know how I should have made it!), but worth every minute as I watch them bouncing from level to level playing with their toys. Its essential in our multi-animal household since I can’t leave them out alone so its wonderful to see them happy and enjoying their home.

• jerseygirl
            22338 posts Send Private Message

Hooray!! Glad you finally were able to bring them home.
              Little cuties!!
              At first glace, I didn’t even notice Silver in that second photo. Lol
              HiHo Silver!

I predict you’ll watch these guys antics a lot then wonder where the time went.

• Deleted User
              Participant

Jersey Girl you are so right! I can’t get over it, … I’ll stop by (quickly I think) to drop off a treat or for a fast pat good night, and a half hour later I’m dragging myself away not believing I’ve been with them so long. And of course that isn’t counting the time I head in there planning to do things and/or spend time with them! Watching them explore and interact while they investigate outside the condo is a real treat too!

• LittlePuffyTail
                18092 posts Send Private Message

Your new buns are gorgeous! I love the little white foot tip on Blackberry. Congrats to the new happy family!

• Ilovemyrabbit
                  Participant
                  23 posts Send Private Message

Aww, your new bunnies are so adorable! Congrats!

• tanlover14
                    Participant
                    3617 posts Send Private Message

They’re adorable! Congrats on your new furbabies!

I have to agree with LPT – I’m a sucker for the white patch on Blackberry!

• Deleted User
                      Participant

Little Puffy Tail, I Love My Rabbit and Tan Lover, thank You all so very much!

Blackberry does seem to steel the show with his little white toes and nose. He’s also the more relaxed of the two in their condo, while Silver is very brave about exploring outside, and not so happy to be patted when he’s in his own home. What’s most entertaining to me is how Blackberry supervises any and everything done in his home (my brushing out the bottom floor for example, not to mention pulling out the litter box) and will even take exception to the brush, while Silver is straight out the door and busy on his own in another part of the room, doesn’t spare the condo, the litter box, their hay or apparently even Blackberry a second thought.

They cuddle and play together so much, being with them is such a treat.

Thanks again to everyone who helped, I feel many forum members contributed to their adjusting rapidly and easily to their new home.

• Shoe Bunny
                        Participant
                        25 posts Send Private Message

They’re adorable! That third pic with Silver peeking out from the corner was a surprise when I finally saw him there!

• BonnieSue
                          Participant
                          59 posts Send Private Message

They are so cute! And I also love Blackberry’s white foot; Hazel has tips on all four of her feet and I think it makes her look like a little diva with a manicure!!

• Sarita
                            Participant
                            18851 posts Send Private Message

What a cute pair – well worth the wait!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Introducing Blackberry And Silver !!