Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE If I’m not around BB for a bit

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLass568
      Participant
      434 posts Send Private Message

Sorry about the title, I hope it’s not clickbait and I hope I posted this in the right category. If I’m not around binkybunny for a bit it’s because we have to say goodbye to our 14 year old Lhasa Apso (dog) Demon tomorrow. He’s really sick and suffering, his breathing is bad (it looks more like he’s breathing with his stomache than his chest), his poop is miss colored, he ate only one piece of dog food last night (he hasn’t eaten 2 or 3 days prior to that), he’s barely drinking any water, he’s starting to have trouble standing up, we have to carry him outside to go potty and he doesn’t do that very well either and he’s coughing really badly and he’s just not good. So my dad made the decision yesterday to euthanize him. So yeah, I might not be around much for a little bit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Current: Blossom and Thumper (5 year old buns)💖💖💖💖 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, 2-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, 9-14-2020), and Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, 8-3-2022) 💔💔💔💔

• Wick & Fable
        5770 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry. The rainbow bridge is appropriate for any and all loved pets for our community. Please feel free to post photos, share memories, etc. if that is something you’d like to do in the future. We will be here when you return.

It sounds like this is the kind thing to do, even though it is deeply saddening. It is always a tough decision. Sending you much love and support.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DanaNM
          8901 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry for your loss. 🙁  It does sound like it’s time to say goodbye, although it’s never an easy decision to make.

Take care <3

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
            16869 posts Send Private Message

So sorry for you loss. Don’t worry about posting here, the RB section is for any beloved pet.

• Bam
              16836 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry, Bunnylass. It’s just awful to have to say goodbye to your beloved dog. It’s the sad part of having pets. Please post about Demon in the EB section when/if you feel ready. 💗

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                Participant
                2512 posts Send Private Message

Even if it’s the right thing to do and the best thing you can do, it still breaks your heart 💔

I’m so very sorry for your loss.

• BunnyLass568
                  Participant
                  434 posts Send Private Message

It’s been a week since making this post but it really doesn’t feel like it. I just want to say thank you to all who read and to those who commented, it means a lot to me. Demon was in complete heart failure and his organs were shutting down and he had something going on where his back legs were giving out on him and the vet said he wouldn’t have made it through the rest of last week if no one decided it was time. This is the down side to having pets and although it hurts I wouldn’t go back in time to not have them. Here’s a picture of him after one his groomings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Current: Blossom and Thumper (5 year old buns)💖💖💖💖 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, 2-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, 9-14-2020), and Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, 8-3-2022) 💔💔💔💔

• Bam
                    16836 posts Send Private Message

Damon was adorable 🥰

It really sounds like it was his time. It’s very hard for the human to make the decision to help a beloved pet cross over, but we do it because we love the pet. When we take on an animal, we also promise to not let the animal suffer when there’s no hope of recovery, if we can help it.

Saying goodbye is the bitter part of having pets. But as you say, it is all worth it. They bring us so, so much joy, and hopefully they think the same about us.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE If I’m not around BB for a bit