Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE I lost Rose

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLiz
      Participant
      1212 posts Send Private Message

She didnt make it through the night.  My beautiful and tough Rose is gone.  She was high spirited and had opinions on everything.  Shy at first, but always energetic.  A champion flopper and always breaking things with her huge binkies.  Always a challenge, but id take them any day.  I miss her already, just thinking about never seeing her flop again, or thump up a storm when dinner is late.   I dont know what to do with her now, its 3 am here so i cant take her to the vets now.   And sticking her in a box until morning seems wrong.  So im just holding her wrapped in a towel right now.  I loved her more then i ever thought possible for a bunny and ill always miss her.   

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

Bunnyliz-I just read this in your thread about her. I’m soooo sorry for your loss. *HUGS*
          She couldn’t have asked for a more loving home then you gave her. She knew you loved her, and it shows that she came to you for comfort.
          We’re here for you. *hugs*

Binky Free Rose

• LittlePuffyTail
          18092 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry on the loss of your beautiful bunny. I was so sad to see this post this morning. She died knowing she was loved and wanted. The best feeling a bunny can have. I will really miss seeing pics of her.

{{{{{{Bunny Hugs to you and Hammer}}}}}} How is Hammer dealing with the loss of his buddy?

• Sarita
            Participant
            18851 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry. These things are never ever easy. I will light a candle for Rose to cross the Rainbow Bridge.

• LilynJestersMama
              Participant
              258 posts Send Private Message

How are you doing and how is Hammer doing? We’re all thinking about you…….

• GHbun
                Participant
                158 posts Send Private Message

Sorry to hear you had to go through this in the middle of the night. *sniff* One day you will be able to smile again at her brave spirit. Meanwhile, we all send hugs.

• ScooterandAnnette
                  Participant
                  1090 posts Send Private Message

Oh I’m just so sorry about this. You must be absolutely heartbroken, but how sweet that she wanted to be with you. Binky free Rose. *HUGS* for BunnyLiz.
                    – Annette

• jerseygirl
                    22345 posts Send Private Message

Oh Liz! I am so very sorry! She went swiftly. Many hugs to you during this difficult time. I know you’ve lost pets before and have some close to leaving but it must still hurt. Though Rose was with you a short time, you gave her a home a hundred fold better than what she had previously. Thank you for sharing that part of her journey with us – meeting you and Hammer, then coming home to live.  It was very beautiful that she came to your lap like that. Even that sick, she had really come to trust you.

You are in my thoughts Liz. ((Liz & Hammer)) **Binky Free Beautiful Rose**  

• MimzMum
                      Participant
                      8029 posts Send Private Message

I cannot tell you how sad I am for you and Hammer at this difficult time. Here’s Rose’s candle.
                        http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=7946317
                        Binky free, dear bun!

(((((((hugs for BunnyLiz))))))))))))))

• jerseygirl
                        22345 posts Send Private Message

I just looked over the pictures of her in your bonding thread. So regal looking. I don’t know why? I just get an impression of a grand old matriarch. Lady Rose – to be revered and feared. The image of her and Hammer cheek to cheek though is lovely. For all her tough attitude, she had room in her heart I’m guessing.

• babybunsmum
                          Participant
                          3896 posts Send Private Message

i’m so very sorry that you lost rose. how terrible. big big hugs of comfort to you.

• BinkyBunny
                            8776 posts Send Private Message

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. She was obviously loved and cared for and you gave her a wonderful life while she was with you. What a great gift.

Binky Free Rose!

• Lisa_43
                              Participant
                              1499 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. (((((((((((((((Binky free Rose))))))))))))))

• Beka27
                                Participant
                                16016 posts Send Private Message

We loved her and we love Hammer so much. I feel so sad that things turned out this way. You did absolutely everything you could, and you did it well, it was just her time. You were a comfort to her in her last hours and she was able to go peacefully b/c of you. I remember when you adopted her, she was so big and so beautiful, she is one of the bunnies that cemented my love of the REW. I think I remember commenting on her eyelashes ;o) I don’t want you to be sad Liz. Hammer needs you, you have big things ahead of you. I want you to be happy that she had a wonderful, caring mama, at least for a little bit. HUgs to you and bunny kisses to Hammer.

Binky Free Rose, you big beautiful girl!

• RabbitPam
                                  11002 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear about Rose.
                                    At least she was with you. It must have been a real comfort to her to be in your arms.

{{{{{{{{{{{hugs BunnyLiz}}}}}}}}}}}

• BunnyLiz
                                    Participant

Thanks everyone for your words. And thanks Sarita and Mimz for the candles, that was nice. Im doing better, I had to stay home yesterday, it was just to tough. But I am getting along better, now its just trying to learn how to think about her without crying, but that will come with time I guess. Ive never cried so much even over a persons death then I did for Rose. That first night was rough, I cried for hours and just didnt want to put her down. Hammer seems fine so far, eating normally and now he is getting extra play time. He is also enjoying the extra treats. I think he was mad at first, very destructive. But he seems to be pretty well over it now. My favorite teacher was a huge bunny lover as well, so I like to think that she and her bunny Coptor are up there with her and helping her out. I sure miss her though. I think ill melt ever time I see a big REW, im absolutely in love with REWs now. So pretty arent they.

• Katydidz
                                      Participant
                                      60 posts Send Private Message

Oh no!! Liz i’m so sorry. I cried for days and weeks, and still cry occasionally when I think of Trixie. It does get easier though. I don’t know what Rose’s story was but i’m sure she was so happy to be with you and Hammer. I wish I could give you both a big hug!

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                                        Participant
                                        2517 posts Send Private Message

I just read the other thread. I’m so sorry to hear about this. I really feel for you. Keep your head held high. I’m glad Hammer is taking it well too.

• Binkles
                                          Participant
                                          823 posts Send Private Message

Oh BunnyLiz! I am reading this thread late, but I’m so sorry. I know you’ll miss that big white girl, but you and Hammer will be there to comfort each other.

• LilynJestersMama
                                            Participant
                                            258 posts Send Private Message

How are you and Hammer doing??  Checking up on you both…. 

• Lisa_43
                                              Participant
                                              1499 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Lightchick
                                                Participant
                                                1017 posts Send Private Message

Oh, BunnyLiz, I’m so sorry… Binky-Free Rose! *HUGS* BunnyLiz..

• BunnyLiz
                                                  Participant

Im going better, and I think Hammer is done grieving. Thanks for all your kind words guys. I dont know why she had to go, but im glad that if she had to leave i was at least there to say goodbye and comfort her. Its almost Easter so there are big white bunnys everywhere, not the best timing for Easter. But at least I dont cry every time I see a Easter bunny now like I used to. When Hammer and Lucy get their huge pen their will definitely be a huge picture of Rose. One thing ive learned is you cant have enough pictures. There are only 8 good pictures of her, and not one with me and her. So now im pretty obsessed with taking pictures of Hammer and Lucy. As soon as they are friendly enough to each other im taking them somewhere to get some nice pictures taken of the three of us.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                    Participant
                                                    12067 posts Send Private Message

I had my memorial picture printed and framed, and it’s comforting -i took my best Kokanee picture and had it done in Black and white with a memorial poem on it.

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE I lost Rose