Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE I just lost Ella…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

I know this is a rabbit forum, but I just lost my little guinea pig Ella 

We lost our other guinea pig in September, and Ella never really seemed to get over it.  She’s been losing weight ever since, and despite numerous vet visits and tonnes of Critical Care and lots of love she just didn’t pull through.

Yesterday she seemed great, she was happy to eat and she was running around and excited…. but today when I went to feed her she wouldn’t take any food and was hardly moving and she was drooling all over the place.  I knew it was bad news so I called my hubby and said I think Ella is dying.  I took her into the vet and our wonderful amazing vet said that the best (most humane) thing to do at this point would be to let her go.  My hubby wanted to say goodbye so he came from work right away.  He sat there crying and held her, and I cried and held him since I’d already spent time with her.  Then Dr. Sam took her to put her to sleep, he said he didn’t think she would have lived more than a few more hours on her own anyway.  She crossed the rainbow bridge at 3:40pm today.

Ella was a wonderful piggie.  We got her in March of 2005, and she was already 2 years old at that point.  Her partner Ally was also a wonderful piggie, who unfortunatley was paralyzed from the waist down.  Ella always tried to take great care of Ally, they were a wonderful pair. 

Goodbye princess Ella, I miss you already.

131925329571.jpg

• babybunsmum
        Participant
        3896 posts Send Private Message

i’m so very sorry that you lost your sweetie… ella. sounds like she was a very loving pet to have been such a great companion to ally. big big hugs to you and your hubby.

• 2lops
          Participant
          347 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry Soleil… I’m sure Ella lived a long wonderful life with her piggie partner and parents.

~ Rest In Peace Ella ♥ ~

((*hugs*))

• jerseygirl
            22345 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry for your loss Soliel. You gave her a peaceful send off to the bridge. She’s beautiful! Do piggies grieve for their pals like bunnies do? Well she now can be with Ally. (((Popcorn On, Ally & Ella)))

• Sarita
              Participant
              18851 posts Send Private Message

Oh, I’m so sorry – she was really adorable. You are free to post all your pet losses on the board – don’t worry about that – we are here to support you with that too.

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry. She was such a beautiful piggie! It sounds like she had a wonderful, loving home with you.

Hugs!

(((Ella!)))

• Deleted User
                  Participant

Thank you so much guys.  It means alot to me to be able to share with people that understand what it is to love a small animal.  I know alot of our “non-animal” having friends have said things in the past like “oh it was just a guinea pig” or “just a bunny”.  I hate that so much.  Small animals have just as much to give as big animals.

I forgot about the heavy feeling I would have waking up today.  Meh   Then I just came out into the living room and her pen is there with no piggie in it and for a second I glanced to see what she was doing

I don’t know what to do about her pen.  It still needs to be cleaned, it still has her food and water and hay in it.  We have a friend coming over tonight, and I feel like I should clean it up before he gets here, but I don’t know if I have the hear to do it.

Plus now I’m left with the dilemma of what to do with the pen period.  We had said before that after Ella passed we would take a bit of a break from guinea pigs, and maybe reclaim that part of our living room.  But now I don’t know.  I kind of have the mindset of there are so many animals out there that need help and need homes, and if I don’t take in a couple more knowing that I have a great set-up for them here then I will feel very guilty.  It’s really not that much more of an expense since we already buy hay and veggies for the buns.  Plus we line the guinea pig pen with towels/blankets/fleece so there is no expense for cage lining materials.

I don’t know.  My heads a mess.  I probably shouldn’t be thinking about all of this right now.

One good thing I can say about today is that it’s the first day of spring.  I hate winter here, I only like it at Christmas then I get tired of the cold and snow pretty fast, so at least something positive is changing.

Thanks again guys.

• Beka27
                    Participant
                    16016 posts Send Private Message

Can you collapse the pen and put it away somewhere and just wait a month or so, see how you feel then? I wouldn’t rush into anything right now. I know there’s sometimes the mindset of “Uh-oh, I have an empty space, I have to fill it up right now!” But you may feel better just waiting. Your grief is still fresh, you lost two piggies back to back. If it’s meant to be, you will find a couple piggies when the time is right…

• LittlePuffyTail
                      18092 posts Send Private Message

So sorry about your little friend, hun. I know those little piggies can really touch your heart. It was very hard when the time came to say good bye to my little piggies. ****Hugs***

• Lisa_43
                        Participant
                        1499 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry you lost your piggie. (((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))

• BinkyBunny
                          8776 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry! She sure was gorgeous! It comforts me when people tell me that the pain I feel just shows how much love was felt and was given. Obviously your piggies were loved so much and you gave them a wonderful life. Love surely doesn’t have a size requirement and therefore either does the feeling of loss.

I really do understand that “heavy” feeling. HUGS to you! “popcorn free” Ella. (popcorning is the piggie version of a rabbit binky…yes??)

• Deleted User
                            Participant

Thanks again everyone.

Becka, you’re probably right (again lol). I think if I do what you said and put the buns in Alistairs room for bonding then I can focus on renovating the living room, and maybe that will help get my mind off the empty piggie space. Then once we’re done the renos maybe I’ll see how I feel about getting some more piggers.

BinkyBunny, Thanks so much for your kind words, and yes, popcorning is the piggie equivalent of a binky I’m also so sorry for your loss I’ve never lost a bun yet, so I can’t imagine how difficult that must be for you.

• LilynJestersMama
                              Participant
                              258 posts Send Private Message

Soliel, so sorry to hear about Ella. No matter how big or small our pets are, they take up a HUGE part of our hearts.

I’m glad you and your husband got to say goodbye to her.

As painful as it is, you did the right thing for Ella. She’s at peace now, not hurting.

Take good care of yourselves.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                Participant
                                12067 posts Send Private Message

I had piggies when I was younger-four of them. When my first died I was devastated.People who don’t understand -theirs no point trying to make them, they’ll never get it-maybe their missing a peice of being an empathetic being? W/E it is, your in your right to grieve, even for a ‘small animal’ of course
                                  *HUGS* what a gorgeous piggie-I’m sorry for your loss

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE I just lost Ella…