Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hola from Cassie, Emma, and Lola!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • casicassie
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone!

My name is Cassie. I am 22 years old. I am originally from Indianapolis, but I moved to Mexico around 3 years ago. I have always been an animal lover, and struggle to remember a time when I didn’t have a furry friend by my side. Currently I am owned by:  Frida (guinea pig), Bella (rescue cat), Sadie (my 7 year old puppy), Emma my mini lop, and most recently…Lola the Angora! Hope to get to know everyone and their bunnies soon!

• mrmac
        Participant
        2156 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to BB! Sounds like you have quite the furry crew! I love the cat in the background of the 2nd pic, monitoring the situation! Emma is adorable!

• wiseleyd
          Participant
          236 posts Send Private Message

Hola, que tal? Sorry, I don’t have the Spanish keyboard on so I can’t do the correct punctuation. Is it hard keeping pets in Mexico? Your bunny is so cute!

• casicassie
            Participant

Posted By mellowzmom on 02/09/2010 08:26 PM
              Hola, que tal? Sorry, I don’t have the Spanish keyboard on so I can’t do the correct punctuation. Is it hard keeping pets in Mexico? Your bunny is so cute!

Don’t worry about the Spanish keyboard, even after 3 years I have yet to really master Spanish punctuation LOL. In answer to your question, yes and no. It depends on what animal. Cats and dogs are obviously quite easy to find products and veterinary care for. However, any small pet is considered exotic and pet stores do not generally carry a lot of products for them (if at all). There is a new pet store close by that has all super pet stuff, and that is really nice because at least it is a brand that I am familiar with. My only complaint, however, are the prices! For example, a 5 lb. bag of rabbit food here costs around $16 when in the states it is $8. So double the pricing. They definitely do not make it easy for us.

Also, I have noticed a disturbing pattern here. Most people seem to love having pets as “trophies”, so here owning a high priced dog signifies that you have lots of money and can brag about it. However, when their pet gets sick suddenly they do not have enough money?? Then they usually put them out into the street. There are so many animals on the streets around here, and absolutely no shelters. Which, to me, is quite sad. Actually my cat, Bella, is a  rescue. My friend found her on the roof. According to her Bella had survived from 2 weeks on by stealing dog food from guard dogs. Someone apparently poisoned the rest of her family to death because they were making too much noise and “destroying gardens”. So in answer to your question…yes it is hard to keep animals here in Mexico most of the time.

• jerseygirl
              22338 posts Send Private Message

Welcome! I saw this post briefly today but didn’t have chance to reply. So is Lola a really recent addition to your furfamily? lol. I’m sure I only saw one bunny earlier…
                Anyway, they both look sweet!
                That’s terribly sad about the pet situation in Mexico. Good for you in doing your bit in taking rescues.

• wiseleyd
                Participant
                236 posts Send Private Message

I haven’t ever been to Mexico, but several of my students are from Mexico. That is one of the reasons that I take Mellow to school, (when his nose isn’t runny ) so that the students and their families do not perpetuate the same behavior. I don’t know if it helps or not to foster understanding, but I want them to see that in our culture, pets are furry family members. I hope you are enjoying the weather there! Enjoy your bunnies!

• casicassie
                  Participant

Yeah, Lola is a recent addition! I went to the pet store yesterday and they told me…all of these bunnies have to go (there were like 6 angoras)…so we are practically giving them away. I got Lola for around $6. I guess she had been at the pet store almost since it opened over a year ago. They told me that no one wanted her because she was too big and fluffy. Everyone was looking at the cute babies I guess. But she is a real sweetheart!

• Elrohwen
                    Participant
                    7318 posts Send Private Message

Wow, Mexico! It would be so interesting to live in a foreign country for a while.

Your buns are very cute! I hope you post more pictures (we’d love to see your other pets too 🙂 )

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hola from Cassie, Emma, and Lola!