Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hello! I’m new here!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • wholelottabunnies
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

Good morning,

i’ve known this forum for quite some time now, however, I’ve never had the courage, time and motivation to join in the fun, but guess what? I finally gave in and did it! I’m now happy to join this community.
        My name is Christine and I’m responsible for two beautiful and precious bunnies, Mazikeen and Loki.

Mazikeen used to be a neglected bunny, she was extremely afraid of people, her previous owners (because they can’t be considered a family!) put her up for trade, they wanted birds in exchange for her, who can possibly be so heartless to the point of trading a life?! The same ones who told me they were giving her up because their 2 years old son didn’t like her and was afraid of the poor girl!
        Later on I found out she was extremely afraid of kids, I started to realize that she would hide when my neighbor’s grandson started screaming or crying, I believe the reason their kid didn’t like Mazikeen was because she probably scared him when he tried to hurt her or something similar.

I was able to convice them to give her up with the help of a friend and then rescued her as fast as possible!
        Her hair was extremely dirty and her genitalia was infected, she was so uncomfortable that she didn’t want to eat for the first day, I noticed that and took her to the vet right away, with the help of some meds she started eating normally again 7 days later. 

Other than this, all I know about her is that she was bought from a pet shop and is around 1 year and a half, I do believe she may be a teddy and lionhead mix, but that’s not important. Mazikeen is now in her forever home. 

About a month later, I adopted Loki from a friend who rescue small animals, Loki was basically abandoned right in front of her door, she knew his previous owners and told me Loki spent his first year inside a small cage being neglected…

Some weeks after Loki’s adoption they were both spayed and neutered and a month later the bonding process started and luckily, they have never showed signs of agression towards each other and they got perfectly along at the second try, they don’t live without each other now. 

As for me, I don’t have much to say, I love animals, music, tv shows and art (mainly digital), my favourite show is The Walking Dead and I mainly listen to heavy rock and classic rock.  There isn’t much to say, really. 

I hope I can enjoy this community, glad to meet you all! 

• tobyluv
        Participant
        3310 posts Send Private Message

Hello and welcome to Binky Bunny! It’s so nice that you took in these two bunnies, and they now have a wonderful forever home together with you.

• graysonbun
          Participant
          123 posts Send Private Message

another big welcome to BB! the story of these two rabbits broke my heart, good for you for taking them in and giving them a better home!! also glad to have you take the plunge and make a formal account. I too was a lurker for a while, but everyone on here (members and forum leaders) is so kind that I figured I had to join in on all the fun and useful advice being given.  welcome again, feel free to share lots of photos of your two buns whenever you can, if that’s them in your avatar they look absolutely PRECIOUS. 

• wholelottabunnies
            Participant
            2 posts Send Private Message

Thank you both for the warming welcome. 
              Yes, these are indeed my babies, I also uploaded some photos of them to my profile, a pity there is a size limit, I need some extra motivation for resizing their photos. 

• Wick & Fable
              5771 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to BB Christine! I’m so glad to hear BB forums has been a good resource for you, and how wonderful it is that you decided to join the community. Don’t hesitate to ask questions, share your own experiences, and everything in between.

There is a photo album under your profile you can upload to, as well as adding pictures to any of your posts. The size limit is a hindrance, but if you have paint or another application like that on your computer, resizing can take less than a minute!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hello! I’m new here!