Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hello- Do you know what I am?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Leon & Dotties Mommy
      Participant
      4 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone! 

I have had rabbits on and off since I was a small child, may of 18′ after my sister recently acquired a Holland lop, the bunny bug bit me again, and I got a netherland dwarf. His name is Leon and hes my baby, he lives inside the house in a 6×4 dog pen in my breakfast nook and is potty trained. (Dont tell him but hes getting neutered next week).

Leon

The week after Christmas, my sister contacted me asking me if I wanted another bunny or knew someone wanting one, someone she knew found a tiny baby bunny out in the country and they couldn’t keep/and didn’t know anything about rabbits. 

Having recused babies before, and not being able to turn an animal away, I said yes. I picked up my now second baby on December 29th, her name is Dottie and shes an absolute angel. When I took her to the vet, on Jan 3rd, she was estimated to be about 6 weeks old. She is growing like a weed, because she was found, I have no idea what she is, I only have guess’s.

Dottie The day I got her..so tiny. 

Dottie the other day

Dotties back markings

and one for laughs

I have thought maybe shes a mini rex, her fur is SO incredibly soft and she has such big ears, but then sometimes her ears look like they may flop, but when shes out and running around, they stand straight up and move around independently like satellites

I believe her markings are broken black.  

Nice to meet everyone.

Leon & Dotties Mommy

• Sr. Melangell
        Participant
        1708 posts Send Private Message

No idea what breed you are, but I know one thing, you are beautiful.

• Asriel and Bombur
          Participant
          1104 posts Send Private Message

She looks like some kinda lop cross with her ears? She maybe looks a little lionhead too, but not entirely sure. I wouldn’t say rex though. My boy Asriel has that silky soft fur I see on her, and he’s a Holland Lop. Rex buns have plush short fur. Hers seems a bit long for a rex.

• Leon & Dotties Mommy
            Participant

Posted By Sr. Melangell on 1/18/2019 12:00 PM

No idea what breed you are, but I know one thing, you are beautiful.

Thank you, I think she is too!

• Leon & Dotties Mommy
              Participant

Posted By Asriel and Bombur on 1/18/2019 1:00 PM

She looks like some kinda lop cross with her ears? She maybe looks a little lionhead too, but not entirely sure. I wouldn’t say rex though. My boy Asriel has that silky soft fur I see on her, and he’s a Holland Lop. Rex buns have plush short fur. Hers seems a bit long for a rex.

She has the thickest hair, when your rub it the wrong direction, its a little coarser feeling, but still very soft, when you rub it towards her back end, it feels almost like silk, you can barely feel your petting her. She absolutely loves to be pet and I love to run my fingers through her fur. Maybe shes a mix, whatever she is, I love her to pieces. I just really wanted to know, LOL. Maybe in a another month or so, it will be a little easier to tell. Maybe her ears will flop over or hair will just start spurting up in places on her. 

• Leon & Dotties Mommy
                Participant

I am quite certain that Dottie is a lop/rex mix.. Her right ear has dropped, and the other shows ZERO signs. I knew the right one was going to, Ive been watching it slowly for weeks, started with the very tip of her ear. 

Before her ear dropped.

One

Two

Three

Such a pretty girl, I love her so much and shes soo sweet! Ill try to get pics of her now that her ear dropped, all lopsided and all. 

• Asriel and Bombur
                  Participant
                  1104 posts Send Private Message

She really is beautiful I’m still not convinced she’s a rex though. Look at these fur textures compared to your girl. The first one is a velveteen lop, which is an english lop crossed with a rex. see how much more plush the fur looks compared to your girl who has pretty fine and silky hair. https://wildriverrabbitry.weebly.com/uploads/5/5/1/1/5511204/4180231.jpg?423
                    https://nebula.wsimg.com/0aef3d0132cabf73657b81174fa228db?AccessKeyId=A0B4A7D64C9697FC117D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

• tobyluv
                    Participant
                    3310 posts Send Private Message

Dottie is very beautiful, but it doesn’t look like she is a Rex. Rex rabbits have very short fur, like velvet. Her fur is too long and she has long, straight whiskers. Rex rabbits have short, curly whiskers.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hello- Do you know what I am?