Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Gravehearted – Can we get a Hareiette update please

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sarita
      Participant
      18851 posts Send Private Message

Thank you

Sarita

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Ditto! Inquiring minds want to know!

• Lisa_43
          Participant
          1499 posts Send Private Message

Ditto as well.

• Gravehearted
            Participant
            2428 posts Send Private Message

Hareiette is glad to know her adoring public is asking about her…

there is no new news, really.

she does seem to be eating a bit more every day and is up to about 75% of her normal eating. she’s still on the metacam twice a day. the hope is that if it’s an inflammation, as Dr Harvey thinks it may be, that it’s just going to take time to return to normal. she said it really might be a while.

hareiette is drinking well on her own, so we’ve stopped giving her daily fluids. she’s still on flax meal, vitamin e and the dried dandelion.
              she’s still lively and as bratty as normal.

she’s mostly ok with the meds, so i can just hold her without having to burrito her. she has sprayed me several times though – eww.
              i have a reminder scar on my cleavage, and a yellow healing bite on my collar bone. can you tell it’s been big fun?

• babybunsmum
              Participant
              3896 posts Send Private Message

big fun… yeah…  i noted the sarcasm.  lol.  glad to hear you’ve made progress

• Gravehearted
                Participant

oo she was SUCH a little stinker this morning! she wouldn’t let me catch her and then was refusing to take her meds. I am so over her being sick!

• osprey
                  Participant
                  2065 posts Send Private Message

She’s being evil…she must be feeling better

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant

Oh that’s great to hear her acting up to her usual standards. Definately a sign of feeling better.

• Gravehearted
                      Participant

this morning she boxed me when i tried to get her out to give her meds
                        she didn’t eat much yesterday either, which has me worried.

• Scarlet_Rose
                        Participant

Oh dear. Gravehearted I am so sorry, I am at a total loss for words, except you and Hareiette are in my thoughts.

• osprey
                          Participant

{{{{{Hareiette}}}}}

• babybunsmum
                            Participant

i’m thinkin bout you & hareiette & hoping things pick up ((((((vibes))))))

• Lisa_43
                              Participant

(((((((((((((Healing Vibes)))))))))))))

• Sarita
                                Participant

More healing vibes to Hareiette.

• MooBunnay
                                  Participant
                                  3087 posts Send Private Message

Aw, I think its a good sign that she is fighting you about the meds! When I had a sick bunny I think it was actually the fighting m about his meds that made him feel better, it got him moving around and more energetic. I hope she feels completely better soon, it definitely sounds like she is on the path to recovery.

• Gravehearted
                                    Participant

well – she ate some of her kale today and hay – but not quite as much as she has been. Her dad says she’s mad about something.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                      Participant
                                      12067 posts Send Private Message

***VIBES****

• Scarlet_Rose
                                        Participant

She’s probably mad about the meds. Poor little doll ((((HUGS))))) Hareiette.

• MimzMum
                                          Participant
                                          8029 posts Send Private Message

Thinking about you and your bun. ((((((((((hugs for you))))))))))) Anytime a bunny is ill it is such a drain on one’s heart. I didn’t see what the original cause of this was, but it sounds rough. Hope you both feel better soon!

• Gravehearted
                                            Participant

well – the latest Hareiette report is that she’s eating at 100% of normal. She is bright cheerful and sooo over getting meds. Dr Harvey is only in the office limited days and was out all last week – so I’m going to call on Wed to see if we can bring Hareiette down to once a day metacam and herbal remedies. Thanks everyone for all the VERY kind and supportive thoughts, you all are bunderful!

Mimzmum – we’re not really sure what caused it, despite many tests and an xray. The thought it that she possibly had an inflammation of the fatty layer of her tummy – so the metacam was to help bring down the inflammation and stave off any pain.

• Sarita
                                              Participant

That’s great news! Thank you for the update.

• babybunsmum
                                                Participant

yahoo!  thank goodness you finally have hareiette back to normal

• osprey
                                                  Participant

Yay Hareiette!  The world is safe for bunny inspired evil once more!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                                    Participant
                                                    12067 posts Send Private Message

That’s good to hear!

• Scarlet_Rose
                                                      Participant

That’s wonderful news! I’m so glad for both of your sakes!

• Lisa_43
                                                        Participant

Way to go Hareiette!

• BinkyBunny
                                                          8776 posts Send Private Message

Oh WHEW!  I’m glad she’s now eating normally.  These baffilng things sure can be scary.

• MooBunnay
                                                            Participant
                                                            3087 posts Send Private Message

Yay! I’m so glad she’s doing better I bet she’s back to rabbit-tude and treat demanding!

• Gravehearted
                                                              Participant

Ya – we finally took her off the metacam on Friday!! We’re supposed to wait 5 days and then take away the herbal remedies one at time. So far she seems to be doing ok so far.  She’s been eatting well too.

Thank you everyone for all the very kind and supportive wishes!  The Princess of Rabbitude is back and wants to know where her treat is 😉

• Lisa_43
                                                                Participant

Great news that all is ok, and fingers crossed it stays that way.

• Scarlet_Rose
                                                                  Participant

Oh that’s awesome!

• Sarita
                                                                    Participant

That is great news! Continued healing vibes to Hareiette.

Viewing 31 reply threads
                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Gravehearted – Can we get a Hareiette update please