Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Gooseman

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • jerseygirl
      22342 posts Send Private Message

Gooseman  (Goose/Goosey) passed away on May 21 2019  in the early hours of the morning. He had a dental procedure done the day before and just didnt do well after. He had one done in that February and was slow to come around but he did okay. Then over the next couple months, he began drooling and needed to be looked at again. He had also been dealing with some chronic nasal issues and losing some weight. So he wasn’t the healthiest of rabbits but still a champion as not a lot seemed to bother him really. He had his girl to snuggle with and was happy to greet me and receive treats.

A backstory on him, for those that don’t know..

Gooseman was a foster bun of mine that I took in Feb 2012, along with his siblings. 8 lops all at once, aged about 10 wks old.  Over the coming months homes where found for the siblings as people were interested in them when young. But over time, interest dwindled.  Goosey (then known as Ainsley) was on his own and had been living with me long enough that I considered him my own. So I introduced him to my bonded pair of girls (Maple and Potamus) and they quickly became a trio until Maple passed in 2015. The name Ainsley just never seemed to fit him, tbh. He is happy-go-lucky, goofy sort and somehow Gooseman (silly as it sounds) just stuck.

Binky Free, Goosey x

Hanging out with Potamus

Showing off his crooked “smile”

• Dface
        Participant
        1084 posts Send Private Message

I love that crooked smile !

<<Binky Free Goose>>

What a lucky boy to have lived with TWO lovely ladies lol!

I am so sorry that you are going through this atm, it sounds like its been a bit of a rough time for you losing both Goose and Ailís in such short timeframe.

I hope you know how lucky they were to have had time with you and to have known love !

• jerseygirl
          22342 posts Send Private Message

Thanks Dface (and Hi!)

Ive put these memorial posts up together but they didnt pass in close succession, tg.  Goose went last year not long after the forum went offline last year. Ailis passed 3 months ago now. I still feel sad about them on some days, of course.  Hard to let go all those “if only” thoughts.  I did want to honor them here like I have my other RB bunnies. It helps.

• DanaNM
            8930 posts Send Private Message

Binky free Gooseman! Such a cutie pie!

Glad you decided to post these. <3

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Dface
              Participant
              1084 posts Send Private Message

The if -only thoughts are really awful, and I dont think we ever get rid of them, but I think they are the sign of good owners. You always see how you could have tried or done more, but the reality is, you have already done so much for them, that its easier to pin point the mistakes than it is to find all the thousands of things you already did to give them better lives, because you just see all those things as normal, every day things.

And of course its important to give them their own post here. Its important to have a space to lay it all out (amongst people who understand what it is to have loved a rabbit)

• LittlePuffyTail
                18092 posts Send Private Message

He was a special little man. And he was well loved by us all.

((((Binky Free Gooseman))))))

• MimzMum
                  Participant
                  8029 posts Send Private Message

Just wanted to place another thought here in memoriam of Goosey. xx

It’s so hard to write RB posts and tributes. Somehow there just aren’t words to describe what’s in the heart, especially to help fill that empty space. You’ve done so well with all your bunnies, Jerz, they were all so lucky to have you as their carer. ((((((Huge hugs)))))

Thinking of you. xxxx

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Gooseman