Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Goodbye Snoopy

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Susanne
      Participant
      419 posts Send Private Message

He was a special bun, like them all, in his own way. He was my friendliest, letting my friends pet him when the others would hide. He liked to sit next to me on the floor for a long time for visits, and by the end he would sometimes let me put him in my lap for pets. He didn’t care if I snuggled him with my face and kissed him. He LOVED food. He was a fiend and I was surprised he didn’t injure his mate over food at times! lol. It was so cute how excited he got, and I always had to watch my step because he would run under my feet as I walked towards the food. He also loved my Ruby, I felt bad because he could never be with her since her bond mate never accepted him. He went through a lot with that bonding attempt, and part of why I tried so long was so he could have some time with Ruby. It definitely helped getting him his friend Pancake, and though it was never the connection he had with Ruby, I’m happy he had bunny companionship for his last month especially after all he went through. He got in a fight with Maxwell and got beat up once, had a tooth trim, etc on top of the bonding stress. He was so resilient and happy despite everything!! I’m glad he had a better life with me than he had in the foster home he was staying in when I got him (smaller area with dogs and kids around), although I only got to have him about 14 months. Not long enough 🙁

• Bam
        16879 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry you lost him. He sounds like a very special bun. I hope Pancake is ok.

It’s so sad to lose a young bun. It’s sad to lose any bun, but it seems so extra unfair when the bun is young. I’m glad he got 14 months with you, he seems to have made the most of them. Lots of love and adventures!

Binky free sweet Snoopy 💔

• Susanne
            Participant
            419 posts Send Private Message

Thanks Bam. Pancake is doing ok. Definitely better than Ruby when she lost her first friend, but I can tell she is a bit down. I’m going to try to do a bonding session (or a few) with my 3 and see how that goes, and if that doesn’t work out I’ll get her a new friend relatively soon. Luckily she isn’t too bad off so I don’t feel too rushed, but she is only 1 yr old so don’t want her a single bun for the rest of her life.

• jerseygirl
            22345 posts Send Private Message

Oh I’m sorry for your loss. He sounded like quite a character!

Binky Free, Snoopy Bun

• OneLove
              Participant
              1 posts Send Private Message

I’m so very sorry for your loss. I had to make the hard decision to euthanize Mr. Bunny yesterday as he was sick for a while and nothing was working. On Friday he developed a head tilt and by Sunday he was paralyzed from E. Cuniculi. The poor thing was contorted and we left him at the vet a couple of days in the hopes he would get better but he wasn’t. He was a love. Always snuggled with me, followed me around the house and yard. Best buds with our lab and children. My heart is shattered and the guilt I feel is trememdous. Your bun sounded like he was just as amazing. When we are so close to them, it hurts more. Sounds like you loved him so much and although you only had him for 14 months, the love you felt is no less than mine who I had for 7 years. Sending you hugs

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Goodbye Snoopy