Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A gay bunny

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • lilmizzsnickerz
      Participant
      318 posts Send Private Message

today my rabbit domino and my nairbours 2 rabbits all unfixed where running around the garden the thing is domino and the other male rabbit totally ignored the female rabbits and took it in turns to hump each other is this normal?

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

Yes, this is normal.  It is most likely due to dominance humping.  Rabbits will do this to establish who is the alpha male or female.  It makes no difference what sex they are. But there is a hierarchy within males, within females and within males and females together.  Even spayed and neutered bunnies will do this to each other to establish a hierarchy.

• ubergoober
          Participant
          71 posts Send Private Message

I think its more of an assertion or dominant thing lol Very much play but I think its also how they test the waters to see who gets to be the alpha bunn. I could be wrong….but most animals will mount and hump either sex.

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

Hmmm now isn’t that just like a boy to be so busy trying to posture for the other males that he forgets all about the females….
              are the females spayed? you probably don’t want the boys running around humping unspayed females…there could be lots of babies realllllly quick that way!!

• lilmizzsnickerz
              Participant

yea the females not spayed shes about 2 months old their was another female to a big rabbit whos about 4 years old but the males just didnt bother with the females so im srry to announce domino has lost his innocence =( wat age can i get domino fixed? hes 4 months

• MooBunnay
                Participant
                3087 posts Send Private Message

Hi! I know the female is still young, but I would advise the owner to start bein careful allowing her bunny around non fixed boys – I think when I was doing the research I saw that the unspayed females can get pregnant as young as 3 months, and of course getting pregnant at such a young age is very dangerous for them, so make sure she stops letting her girl run around with non fixed boys!

• lilmizzsnickerz
                  Participant

yea she thought they were two boys lol

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A gay bunny