Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS For all those hard core chewers out there…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • Balefulregards
      Participant
      715 posts Send Private Message

I devised something out of hemp rope and the cardboard from the Maze – I am calling it the root-opus –

Basically, I punched holes in the cardboard ( ala the jellyfish – which Coco turned her twitchy nose up at) And then layed them over the opening to her Oxbow Bungalow.  More like TIED them over the opening.

Now she has to fight the roots to get into her favorite place. This keeps her busy for hours – the past three days have been much nicer now that she has found something appropriate to Bite.

I picked up a cardboard box, thinking I might make a box version of  “Clear the Roots!” for her (Stringing roots/hemp from side to side)…but right now she is happy hiding in the box. And her Maze.

And is actually over there chewing on the root-opus right now. I can hear her chomping.

192746844871.jpg
        192746857354.jpg
        192746866758.jpg

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

That’s great!!!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
          Participant
          12067 posts Send Private Message

Cute pics and thanks for sharing!

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

Very creative! More pics please!

• MooBunnay
              Participant
              3087 posts Send Private Message

ooo what a great idea! Where do you find hemp rope? I think I’ve seen it before but I’m not sure how to tell if it is treated or not. Do you have a place you always buy it at that you know is a good one?

• Balefulregards
                Participant
                715 posts Send Private Message

I got the hemp at Canadian Tire during garden season – It was “supposed” to be used for tying my clematis to the stakes – so it is safe and non-treated. I am pretty sure it said so on the label, as it is meant to bio-degrade with time.

I have also seen it at Lowes or Home Depot type stores. I think Garden stores would have it too.

She was at it again today – chew, chew, chewing.

and some new pictures – One of the back of the bungalow ( which she has completely opened) and two from the inside looking out. She works the problem both ways . When she chews through one, I re-tie the knot. She nips my bum for messing with her work!

1107184385471.jpg
                  1107184399554.jpg
                  1107184410458.jpg
                  1107184421429.jpg
                  1107184433931.jpg

• BinkyBunny
                  8776 posts Send Private Message

OH, now I have a better idea of what is going on. That’s great. I think my bunnies would really like that. I’ll have to try it out!

• Beka27
                    Participant
                    16016 posts Send Private Message

that looks so great!

• Veronica Vigilant
                      Participant
                      186 posts Send Private Message

wow! That looks fun!

• Ellen Holland
                        Participant
                        12 posts Send Private Message

That looks like so much fun, guess what we’ll be building this weekend

• Scarlet_Rose
                          Participant
                          4293 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for the pictures, that looks real neat! I do have a question though, does she get caught in the mess of rope at all or is she such an avid chewer it doesn’t matter?

• Hedi
                            Participant
                            969 posts Send Private Message

You can also find Hemp rope at fabric/craft stores but it may not be that thick.

That would work great with sisal rope or jute.

• Cassi&Charlie
                              Participant
                              1260 posts Send Private Message

looks good, my bunnies didn’t like the jellyfish cause it wasn’t as chewable as they like so I think this will be a hit.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS For all those hard core chewers out there…