Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Breed

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • xnovalentine
      Participant
      309 posts Send Private Message

I am also curious what type of bunny i have. i’ve tried researching it on my own – but i can’t figure it out! lol

heres a pic of lullabelle:

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

not sure about the breed, but i love the pics.  the one with her chillin’ in her litter box is my fav!

• Floppy
          Participant
          490 posts Send Private Message

not sure about the breed either, but what a cool looking rabbit!!!
            I will be keeping up to date to see if anyone else knows what kind of rabbit this is!

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

WELCOME!!! Oh wow, her name fits her. She looks as soft and as sweet as a lullaby…er lullabelle. Perfect name. I am not sure what she is either. She looks like she still has some growin’ to do so I went to your profile and read she was still young and rabbits can really change quite a bit, like face shape and fur color, within their first year, so more definite breed qualities may show up. But otherwise, she’s just absolutely gorgeous.

So what’s her story?

Oh, P.S. Be sure to cut celery stocks into little slices. The stringy things in the celery can actually cause digestive problems.

And are those pine shavings?  IF they are you should switch to Aspen or carefresh because pine has the phenols can cause health problems.

WOW, I must be quite annoying  right now telling you all of the things I see in the pictures that need a warning.  Sorry, just want to make sure if I see any danger signs, it’s better to let you know.

• xnovalentine
              Participant

hey thanks for the tips, they are apreciated! The shavings came in a "rabbit kit" and i didint check what kind they were, but i’ll look out when i buy new bedding.

Lullabelle’s story goes like this: my friend’s father owns a pet store where they do not spay and neuter any of the animals and there was a law recently passed where she lives that requires pet store owners to do so. So i guess it’s cheaper to euthanize the unaltered rabbits and buy new altered rabbits … which broke my heart… so all of the bunnies had found homes already but lullabelle and my friend called and said that they were going to euthanze her in a few hours at which time i told her to hang on to her and drove 3 hours to the pet store and bought her (yes they made me buy her! lol). I had been thinking about taking one of the rabbits for a few days, but had sort of leaned towards not doing it as I’ve never had a rabbit before and I assumed they took a lot of work. Which i found out i was right lol! But yes, that’s lulla’s story. I’ll post this in my Bio section so everyone can read it!

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

that’s interesting that they passed that law.  i wonder if fewer places will even offer rabbits now.  thank goodness you were able to get her… but still kinda crappy they made you purchase her.

• 5cats1bun
                  Participant
                  240 posts Send Private Message

not sure here either, but what beauty & great colors!

• Sarita
                    Participant
                    18851 posts Send Private Message

What a gorgeous rabbit. I have no idea of her breed but that frosty color is just so pretty. I’m glad that you were able to rescue this beauty.

Interesting law – I think it’s a good one but I don’t agree with euthanizing the unaltered ones due to cost, that is genuinely sad.

• BinkyBunny
                      8776 posts Send Private Message

wow, I sure wish more states required spay and neutering (so important for rabbits which are such prolific baby makers!) but I wish they could prevent them from this senseless euthanasia. I also agree that they should have given you the bunny. But regardless, all is well and lullabelle is safe with you. And what’s great is you went into it knowing it could be alot of work, and so she is lucky to have you!!

• xnovalentine
                        Participant

Luckily none of the rabbits at this particular store were euthanized! I’m not sure how many other pet stores were in the area that the law was passed – but hopefully none of the others went with this decision!!! It makes me sad to think about it

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                          Participant
                          2517 posts Send Private Message

I’m basically gonna have to echo the others… I’m not sure of the breed… she has features that could fit many different breeds.

But she is definitely beautiful!

• MooBunnay
                            Participant
                            3087 posts Send Private Message

That is so fantastic that you were able to save her! I can’t believe they made you buy her either…thats horrible!! You might want to check out some of the tabs at the top of this page to research diet and housing for bunnies, since often times pet stores will give you bad advice about those kinds of things. Also, if you check out the photo gallery you can see some pictures of some great pens that people have built for their bunnies!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Breed