Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Binky is home! (kinda long)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • RascalnBinks
      Participant
      53 posts Send Private Message

hey folks its me again. Well I brought Binky home sunday night. I added on to my girls cage,with a wall in between them plus hardware cloth(metal wire cloth) everywhere for protection from each other. First night rascal was obviously a little upset over her new roomate,kept digging and lunging at the wall. Binky spent the night in his litter box,but by the am he emerged. Rascal kept going at the wall while he was eating. He just looked at her like whats your problem ? Im just eating! . Oh and the poopie wars have begun as well. Oh joy lol! So last night i let both out (not at same time). Her first for like an hour check things out. Binky stayed at the top shelf while she was out. Then was his turn. He kept running right over to her side of the cage, which obviously got her all excited.He didnt run around for very long,maybe a half hour,ran back in his cage,right up to his top shelf and plopped. I left the door open for a bit in case he wanted to come back again,but he never did. So both buns were in for the night. I actually slept a bit better last night,not too much of ruckus from the buns. All i really heard was Rascal going to town on cardboard and Binky playing with his toys. So are these good signs? Bad signs? I dunno. Im hoping for the best obviously. I am not gonna try bonding just yet,gonna give some more time. I dont know where to start,but i will re-read the bonding info,and i got a lots websites saved on it as well. I am just glad im done with putting up the hardware cloth! Ouchie to my fingers! I rounded off the sides so neither bun could hurt themselves. I feel kinda bad for both having to cover everything up now, i cant reach thru the bars to pet em anymore lol! Guess ill just have to do it from the top shelf or when they are out. My mom knows he is here now,she doesnt care. We havent told my dad lol. He did go in my room early yesterday while i was at work,came out and didnt say anything. So i dunno if he noticed. I dont think he did cause he called later and asked if the bunny would be ok for a day if we went to the shore. Silly dad. Ummm i think thats about it for now. Im gonna give em their breakfast greens now. Oh yeah last night they were happily eating their hay at the same time right near each other,just eating and not worrying about who was on the other side. is that good lol? Sorry this is so long. And i hope i didnt say lol too much (sometimes i do and dont realize it).Anywho,im off for now,ttyl!

• MooBunnay
        Participant
        3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello! Yes, sounds like a good start! Even though there are poop wars and they are scratching near each others cage, that is pretty normal for two bunnies that are not yet bonded.

I have a bunny in my room right now that causes a bit of a ruckus – I put a fan near my head so that kinda blocks out the noise! Let us know when you get started on the bonding – don’t be discouraged if it starts out slow ignoring is a good sign!

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

You did a wonderful job making sure that each bunny can’t be harmed by the other, but yet they can still get used to each other.

And don’t worry about "saying too much", We are better able to help when we know more.

You’ll get a ton of great information from the bonding section and other links, so I probably won’t have to give you the basics, and you’ll be fine. We’re here if you need help along the way. As bonding can be stressful sometimes!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Binky is home! (kinda long)