Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Are my bunny’s eyes normal?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lanabun
      Participant
      16 posts Send Private Message

I have had my bunny for almost one year now and since day 1 her eyes have looked very shiny. I just want to know if this is normal? Or is this considered a weepy eye? There is no discharge, no wet fur in the inner corners and no redness or inflammation either. She’s perfectly happy and her behaviour is also normal. I am a helicopter mom that’s why I’m probably looking for problems in all honesty.

• Bam
        16879 posts Send Private Message

Shiny eyes are not a problem, and if the’re no discharge/wetness around the eyes it’s not weepy eyes.

On the pics there seems to be a white-ish “shadow” next to the pupil. I can’t tell if its just reflexes in the pictures though.

• Lanabun
            Participant

Yes she has that greyish spot. She has it in both eyes and has had it since the day I got her but it became a bit more noticeable as she grew older. The other eye is like almost half grey at the bottom. I believe it’s heterochromia? Nothing to worry about right?

• Wick & Fable
            5782 posts Send Private Message

Eyes look fine– both the shine and the white spot.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LBJ10
              16908 posts Send Private Message

Yep, eye looks perfectly fine to me too.

• Lanabun
                Participant

Thanks guys! 😀

• Azerane
                  4688 posts Send Private Message

Colouration of the eye could be normal, but I’d recommend photographing the white areas once a month or so to compare to previous months. Luna had a similar white spot on her eye when I adopted her, it stayed the same for years until she came down with an active E. Cuniculi infection and then it grew. In Luna’s case it was evidence of previous infection or having E.c passed on in the womb.

It could be nothing, but just monitor it for changes.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Are my bunny’s eyes normal?