Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Any thoughts or ideas of what this might be ?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Gianna99
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

2 days ago it wasn’t noticeable but now it is. It’s literary like above her tail, its a bit hard but squishy like a pimple.

• Gianna99
        Participant
        2 posts Send Private Message

• LBJ10
          16908 posts Send Private Message

That’s not her tail?

• Bam
            16878 posts Send Private Message

They have a bone in their tail so thats probably it. But you generally dont see it because of the fur. It doesnt look broken to me, and the color is nice and pink.

• LBJ10
              16908 posts Send Private Message

Yeah, if that’s her tail (and it looks like it), then it appears the fur has just fallen off for some reason.

• Wick & Fable
                5782 posts Send Private Message

Definitely unusual to see it bare like that… If the skin looks damaged, I’d have her examined. Also monitor to see if maybe she’s been biting it or if there’s anything in the environment which may have snagged and caught her. My guess is also it’s the tail, but admittedly I’ve never seen it exposed… Ever.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Bam
                  16878 posts Send Private Message

I’ve only seen the tip of the tail exposed, like a centimeter or so. It was my bun Vilde’s tail, he had very soft, long hair and the tip of the tail protruded. Only visible when I pet him and “divided” the fur with my hand. His tail wasn’t as pink as on your picture, it was a lot paler. Pink is better if compared to blueish-greyish, which could indicate loss of or impaired blood supply.

Do you suspect an injury? Does it seem painful if you touch it (try to touch it only lightly)?

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Any thoughts or ideas of what this might be ?