Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Ailís

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • jerseygirl
      22342 posts Send Private Message

My big bunny, Ailís, passed away at home on January 30 this year. I never knew her actual age but she would have been at minimum, 8 years old, likely older. She was with me from Dec 2013, a few weeks after I lost Jersey. Although I was just supposed to look after her temporarily, I found the newly widowed Rumball was showing some interest in her. It wasnt until Easter that I was ready to work with them but they bonded relatively quickly. They were bondmates until Rumball passed in September 2018. As she had lived on her own before and was an older bun when he passed, I decided not to bond her with anybun. She seemed content with that. She did live side by side with my pair and they would hang out next to each other in their litterboxes.

Last November, she unexpectantly broke her front leg. She was indoors and nothing was different in her habitat so I thought she must have landed on it funny. As she was an older rabbit, it was a hard decision to make for her to undergo surgery. I opted for a repair rather then amputation. The bone was not suitable to be plated according to the vet so he did the best repair he could. He did notice some deterioration in the bone below the fractured portion, nearer to the joint. At the time he mentioned possibility of a type of cancer of the joint but that it was rare.

Unfortunately, the repair did not hold and the vet suggested I leave things as they were.  I did not know this would be an option!  But honestly, Ailís was getting around okay and acting normal otherwise. It really surprised me how well she was getting on. I regretted the 1st surgery as she seemed so miserable when I went to collect her. I really did not want to attempt another, I didnt think she’d survive it. The vet was also pretty reluctant. So we let things remain as they were and she did well for the next 3 months.

Then one morning she didnt want to eat. I took her to the vet and he gave her the usual meds to help encourage her back to eating. I had several to take home and treat her with, including pain meds. The vet did feel there was a growth in lower portion of her injured leg, suspected tumour. Sadly, I only needed those home meds the one day as she died the next night. I’m glad she didnt go on in pain though and perhaps it was her time. It’s just never easy to see them go…

Binky Free, beautiful Ailís!

Snuggles with Rumball.

A favourite pic of mine, taken in earlier years.

And in later years.

• Dface
        Participant
        1084 posts Send Private Message

<<Binky Free Ailís>>

Im so sorry to hear of this loss, I know the bunnies that help get us through the loss of another can hold a special place in our hearts. I hope you know how lucky she must have felt to have landed a home with you

• DanaNM
          8930 posts Send Private Message

(((Binky Free Beautiful Ailís)))

<3

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

What a beautiful angel she must be.  So sad reading about the loss of Ailis and Gooseman again. 🙁

(((((Binky Free Beautiful Ailis))))))

• MimzMum
              Participant
              8029 posts Send Private Message

Leaving my thoughts for you here, albeit very tardy, but deeply felt. I’m so sorry Ailis has gone to the bridge. :'( Gentle hugs, hopefully even now, to bring some comfort your way. xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Ailís