Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS You asked for it….pics of our cages

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
    • skibunny8503
      Participant
      1338 posts Send Private Message

So a few people asked for more pictures of our cage and I took some today. 

The front view of their cage.  There’s a ramp going to a 1/2 level and then another ramp to the 2nd level.  It seemed easier that way when dealing with the grids and how the rabbits stood on the ramp (it was more supportive)  We cut some fleece fabric and tied them to the ramp that has coroplast underneath the grid (the one we had to take off because they peed on it).  We have 2 water bottles down below and one on the 2nd level (they prefer the 2nd level one no matter where we put it for some reason they love that bottle).  Put a hidey box in there two that has been replaced a few times.  We recently put some blankets in for Gracie, she has sores on her feet but she still refuses to really lay on them…stubborn bun.  We had to put a few grids on the very top because Archie jumped out onto our built in shelf…with the figurines on them!

More detailed look inside.  Another ramp going to a 1/2 level that goes to a ramp to the 3rd level.  They know exactly where their food is and when I feed them.  All I gotta do is whistle and they come running up haha!  There’s also an opening on the 3rd floor for them to jump on the box (which has a hole on the top for them to jump out of).  They don’t really use the 3rd level to much except to eat.  We had to put tile on some of the colorplast pieces because 1) Archie likes to nibble on the one in the corner and 2) for them to lay on.  The dowl rod is for support.  Oh and we used the kid place mats you can get at Sams Club, Home Depot, or Toys-r-us and them put lino. on top of it (they chewed at the mats before).  And we folded up the lino to make sides so everything is kept in the cage.

We made a make-shift gate that separates them from the “office” so no wires will get chewed on.   This also separtes them from Sandy’s cage. 

When Sandy is out we had to make sure she can’t get into the “office” and near Archie and Gracie’s cage in case Gracie wanted to bite her nose.  So we had to make a gate that folds up (the blue one on the left) and then a gate that goes by their cage (the silver one)….I know that’s a lot of grids!!

Although it looks like one big cage, Sandy’s is completely separate from them.  We just added 2 more levels to hers.  She LOVES sitting on the 3rd floor and staring out the window (or blinds).  She doesn’t always eat her food right away so Archie and Gracie can see it and can be torturing after they’re done eating haha!  But she’s been doing better about eating right away as long as she’s by her bowl when I give it to her.  We had to put a top on with a clip so she can’t poke her head out.  And also grids on top so they can’t try to jump on top of her cage…geez!

We did have pieces of cardboard on the ramp for her to walk up easily but she chewed those as you can see haha!  There’s a ramp going from the 1st to a 1/2 level and then the 2nd level and then we made a ramp that is very supportive for the 3rd level so she can jump on the ramp to the 3rd level (I guess we ran out of room and my husband insisted on a 3rd level).  But everything is really sturdy.

Oh and we recently at 1am had to put a grid behind her litter box because she kept pushing it over to get to the little pieces of hay but then she “forgot “where the litter box was (behind her) and went to the bathroom all over the place   So hopefully this is a better description of our cages.  It was all my husband’s fault he created this

• bunnyluvr
        Participant
        409 posts Send Private Message

Wow – that’s all – just Wow!

• angelicvampyre
          Participant
          754 posts Send Private Message

WOW and I thought my cage was big!

• flippersmom
            Participant
            213 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for the great pics and narration!!!! We have been talking about doing something similar to your bigger cage for some time now – it seems it would be pretty easy to clean!!?!!?!! Hopefully after the holidays, we’ll get it done!!!!!

• skibunny8503
              Participant

Posted By flippersmom on 12/22/2009 02:56 PM
                Thanks for the great pics and narration!!!! We have been talking about doing something similar to your bigger cage for some time now – it seems it would be pretty easy to clean!!?!!?!! Hopefully after the holidays, we’ll get it done!!!!!

LOL, yeah I’m afraid to even think of what he’ll do if we ever move them to the basement or move into a bigger home  

Oh yeah it’s pretty easy to clean (except for the little sides that go up).  The only thing is if they pee in the corner and I have to get on all fours and crawl under the 2nd level.  But other than that it’s easy.  We kept building on ever so often (it’s not going to get any bigger…I hope!), so we didn’t do this all at once but I’m sure that’s one expensive cage when you add up all those grids.  They love it and so when we’re out most of the day we don’t feel bad because they have plenty of room.

• jerseygirl
                22345 posts Send Private Message

It is quite a masterpiece! Did your husband like Lego or Meccano as a kid? tehehe…  I think you should submit these pics to the Cool Habitats section if you haven’t already.

Sandy’s stunt bunny is quite realistic in these pics. I was almost convinced there was another bunny down there.

• skibunny8503
                  Participant

Posted By jerseygirl on 12/23/2009 03:41 AM

It is quite a masterpiece! Did your husband like Lego or Meccano as a kid? tehehe…  I think you should submit these pics to the Cool Habitats section if you haven’t already.

Sandy’s stunt bunny is quite realistic in these pics. I was almost convinced there was another bunny down there.

Haha yup I believe he was a big lego fan.  When we first got the stunt bunny we thought it was one of the other ones that got in the cage  

• Beka27
                    Participant
                    16016 posts Send Private Message

I remember some time ago someone was concerned about one little bunny taking up too much space in her pretty little office… LMAO!

I love it Megan! It looks awesome! You could fit about 10 more buns in there!

• skibunny8503
                      Participant

LOL! Well we might have to modify Sandy’s a bit, when she’s excited and tries to jump up the ramp to the 3rd floor she almost falls! So gotta figure something out, she does love being at the top though.

• shlbysmom
                        Participant
                        193 posts Send Private Message

thats so great u have such an imagination some of those things i would never think of i have been thinking of maken shelby something like that she is so funny she would run and knock it over when she runs she runs hard lol i love her tho!!

• i~luv~frappichino&sammy
                          Participant
                          192 posts Send Private Message

daang!that is like paradise!haha

• lwayne
                            Participant
                            428 posts Send Private Message

Posted By skibunny8503 on 12/23/2009 07:02 AM

Posted By jerseygirl on 12/23/2009 03:41 AM

Haha yup I believe he was a big lego fan.  When we first got the stunt bunny we thought it was one of the other ones that got in the cage  

What do you gals mean, ‘was’?  My S.O. and his friend (both are grown men) still play with legos.

• Monkeybun
                              Participant
                              10479 posts Send Private Message

My hubby has a really big suitcase of legos in the living room lol

• lwayne
                                Participant
                                428 posts Send Private Message

Monkeybun, you know you could probably fit another bun in that space! Tell your hubby to build a new lego pen.

• Monkeybun
                                  Participant
                                  10479 posts Send Private Message

I could fit another bunny in lots of places in here hehe. But no… no more til we buy a house, which is hopefully soonish.

• jerseygirl

Lego condos……….mmmm *envisions*

• RabbitPam
                                      11002 posts Send Private Message

jersey and Monkeybun, I want to see lego condos by summer. Maybe BB could sell lego sets in the store and we could have a contest….hmmmm…..

That is a truly awesome condo, skibunny!

• MirBear
                                        Participant
                                        1412 posts Send Private Message

that would be one colourful bunny cage if it was made ut of lego!! ha we should all try that.. even if its just mini versions….to bad i threw out all my lego!! :'(

• jerseygirl

Posted By RabbitPam on 01/03/2010 05:21 AM
                                            jersey and Monkeybun, I want to see lego condos by summer. 

Aww….No fair!!  It’s already summer here!

I had to get a wriggle on but there was a mishap…

Somewhat dejected, I turned in for the night and forgot to pack all the lego away.  Well –  the rabbits must have got busy and knocked together something more to their own tastes.  Imagine my surprise in the morning when  I found this!

• James's wife.
                                            Participant
                                            52 posts Send Private Message

I love your cage setup skibunny. I wish I had room for that big of cage for Marely.

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS You asked for it….pics of our cages