Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A what stores sell seagrass / straw mats?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • babybunsmum
      Participant
      3896 posts Send Private Message

i went on a bit of tour to find mats for my bun the would be okay for her to chew on.  i found ONE small pet store that had 2 seagrass mats which were only 12"x12"  at $6 each.  i was thinking there would be much more of a selection out there.  i checked hardware / carpet and pet stores & this was all i could find.  do i need to find some where that ships in Canada & order online perhaps, or is there a store i haven’t thought of? 

• wendyzski
        Participant
        1312 posts Send Private Message

Well, in the US I get mine at Cost Plus World Market and I know someone who gets dragongrass doormats from Ace hardware.

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

i think on some of the bunny sites you can get them for a few bucks each… i’m not sure who ships to Canada tho…

• babybunsmum
            Participant

so i checked out some sites… if any there are other canadians looking for mats or other toys (like ones they sell at bb) you can order them online from http://www.rabbitrescue.ca/

yay!  i’ll just have to be patient & order them instead of going out & picking them up right away.  i’m so spoiled.  always want what i want when i want it!

• Deleted User
              Participant
              22064 posts Send Private Message

I got my first set at a pet store, and they were quite spendy and did not last long. Then I noticed that Fred Meyers, aka Krogers, had some stray place mats for .25 each! They were not dyed or anything. I then noticed that a lot of stores that carry placemats and table cloths had them. Heck even the dollar store had some. Look in the linens sections at anystore that sells placemats. They work wonders and lasted longer than the seagrass mats because they really had to dig to get a strand out.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

Heya
                  I buy this one from petsmart…not too bad price, they will ship to canada (plus they have stores here) and our dollars making state side shopping AWESOME

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753324&cp=2767038&kw=mat&sr=1

• MooBunnay
                  Participant
                  3087 posts Send Private Message

I buy seagrass mats occasionally from http://www.forotherlivingthings.com – they have a nice selection, and also fairly decent prices. The only thing I am not sure about is whether they ship to Canada…

• osprey
                    Participant
                    2065 posts Send Private Message

I sent email to Anita at For Other Living Things, and shes says that yes, they do ship to Canada.

• Sarita
                      Participant
                      18851 posts Send Private Message

Try this site too:

http://www.vrra.org/chews.htm

They carry the seagrass mats but are out right now – maybe email them and find out when they will get them in.

I’m glad For Other Living Things stopped carrying stuff made out of rabbit fur too.  They used too but it appears they have discontinued those items.  So I think now they might be okay to purchase from.

• babybunsmum
                        Participant

wow thanks!  lot of options =) 

• Scarlet_Rose
                          Participant
                          4293 posts Send Private Message

Babybuns mom, are you using them for flooring or a toy?  You can always use the natural wicker paper plate holders too as a chew toy. I know at one time Pier 1 Imports carried them too and if you have an IKEA near you, that could be an option as well.  *sigh* I miss IKEA….

• babybunsmum
                            Participant

oooooo ikea!  i have some kitchen cabinets picked out to buy from there but spent the $$ on baby’s surgery instead.  i’ll be saving up & going after christmas some time.

• Scarlet_Rose
                              Participant
                              4293 posts Send Private Message

I am so raging with jealousy right now. I would absolutely LOVE to get new kitchen cabinets from IKEA, they’ve got some great styles!  Lucky Baby to have such a loving mama to have her taken care of.  Thank you for doing that for her.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A what stores sell seagrass / straw mats?