Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Vaction home ideas?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • angelicvampyre
      Participant
      754 posts Send Private Message

My two guys and I are planning on going on a few trips.  For 5 days over Xmas I want to go home to my parents.  They are happy for me to have the rabbits in my room but want them “caged” while I am not there as my cat (who hates me and loves my dad) lives with them and as they are on a farm is a BIG rabbit chaser and eater

I can’t take their home with me as it is to big so I have been looking for a vacation home that will fit in my car and i can take with me for that week and they can stay in there but when i am in the room with them they can come out and play.  Also at the start of next year i am going to get some renovations done to my house and i have to move out for a week.  i am going to live with a friend but again the rabbits will need a vacation home for say a week maybe 2 tops.  Any ideas?  i want the cage/hutch to be as cat proof as possible and they will get lots of out of the cage time.  I was going to build a smaller NIC cube condo but I worry about how safe it would be with a very large cat.  also they decide that they hate me and not use their litter tray it could be messy.  So any ideas would be great.

• jerseygirl
        22345 posts Send Private Message

What about a largish dog crate? Some of them are collapsible I believe, so can be put in the car boot.

Edit to add: tehe! Look what I just found on Melbourne Gumtree. http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/c-P…Z174161073  Probably not entirely cat proof though…  My other thought was that person you had them bunny sat with.  Would she have something suitable you could hire?

• angelicvampyre
          Participant

jerseygirl – I though of that but she does not she wants to sell me a indoor hutch for $300. I also travel alot and normally my dogs go home but I could take my rabbits with me

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

You could do an xpen. They are totally collapsible and very versatile.

• angelicvampyre
              Participant

I looked at the xpen but got worried that if the cat got into my room well it would be buy buy bunny! However a stroke of luck today, yesterday I found a cage/hutch that was largist (not great but about as big as I can go and still fit in my car) well it was $369 with a bunch of stuff in it that I did not need or want! I mean really Anya would not even fit into the litter tray they are giving you with the hutch!

So I was looking on line for a second hand one and then today driving to work I see this new pet shop that had opened up and I go in and there is the hutch that I like and it has a price tag of $119 ???? I ask the lady why and she tells me that it is a return, the lady that returned it claimed that one of the walkways/ladder things was broken and she wanted to return it however the makers said that it was man broken and would not take it back and the other shop had it for over a year and could not get rid of it so they put it on sale at this shop during the grand opening (the shop opened at 9am I was there at 9.10am).

Now I don’t want both walk ways as the bottom shelf I will let them jump up onto and so I only need one walk way and the cage is tall enough that both my bunnies could sit on the butts and sit up and their ears will not touch the top of the cage and it flat packs and fits in my car and it really was only $119!

I am very excited! I am going toget some more fleese for the two platforms and I will put it together and take pictures of them in it to show you guys but I think it will work really well, granted it is not the best size for them but when on vaccation it will work and since my boss says that I might be doing more state wide travel next years if my Bunnies don’t find it to stressful it means they can come with me! So yeah feeling excited and want to go home now and put it together!

ETA – i just thought that when I get Anya spayed this will make a great temp home for her as I can removed the platforms so she does not jump and also Bugz can’t annoy her.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

OH that’s awesome!! Can I suggest getting them used to it before you go so it’s not too strange to them? ….and then you can take pictures of them in it for us to see

• angelicvampyre
                  Participant

Yeah I was going to set it up and put their veggies in it tonight and then leave it up so that it adds another play area to their room on a day to day base. This means that when they do go away in it they know where everything is. Now I can upload photos from my phone I will be taking pictures like mad tonight and will go from there

• angelicvampyre
                    Participant

Ok some pictures of their new holiday home.  Anya was going in and out of it and even had a sleep in it, Bugz was more intrested in trying to climb over the top of it.  Sorry these are just off my phones camera.  Also ignore the ramp thing that was just something I made up so that if they wanted they can get in and out.  Trying to work out how to make a better one for them.

• Beka27
                      Participant

That looks like a great travel home! Good job!

• angelicvampyre
                        Participant

Thanks, i love the fact that it fits in the back of my very small car and also gives them enough room to move around but not be ontop of each other and at that cost who can go past it!

• Elrohwen
                          Participant
                          7318 posts Send Private Message

Very cool! Does it come off of the wheels? I’m guessing it must if it fits in your car, but I’m just curious 🙂

• Beka27
                            Participant

Yeah, I think the plastic bottom part lifts off of the metal frame…

• angelicvampyre
                              Participant

Yes Becka is right, in fact not sure I will take the metal frame with me. The metal frame is one part which can be unscrewed into four parts. Then there is the base which is clipped onto the wire section the roof comes off and the platforms come out, both sides fold in half so the back flattens down onto the front and the whole lots fits into the base for easy storage. Really great not sure if they designed it to be easy to move and transport or if it was just how they designed it to be easy for them to flat pack them.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Vaction home ideas?