Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Urine blood?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ert000
      Participant
      130 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone. I have a Holland dwarf rabbit, 6 months. I saw this when I woke up this morning. I’m not sure if this is urine blood? Or did it drink less water?

Love for animals is the escape of human from human..

• Bam
        16871 posts Send Private Message

This doesnt look like blood to me. You can test if it is blood by dripping some hydrogen peroxide on it. If it foams (a lot), it is blood. If it doesnt foam, it is just urine.

Rabbit urine comes in a variety of color, and theres practically always some calcium in it.

Here is an article about rabbit urine:

https://rabbit.org/journal/3-1/red-urine.html

Do you think he has been drinking less?

• Ert000
            Participant

I came to the vet now. They issued an invoice of 1300 Turkish Lira. A huge sum for turkish lira. I was not comfortable, i came to the vet. They took blood from my son, i am very sad too. I heard this hydrogen peroxide for the first time. Does it really work? Does it give information?

• Bam

Hydrogen peroxide is normally used for wound care. I dont know if its available in Turkey, here we buy it in pharmacies. It does work, moderator Jerseygirl has tried it herself when she knew one of her buns had blood in the urine. The peroxide foamed a lot, but there was no reaction when she dripped some on normal pee.

Blood in the urine is uncommon in young rabbits, especially male rabbits. (Female unspayed rabbits can get blood in the urine if they have a serious uterine problem).

Vet care is often very expensive. Why are you at the vet?

• Ert000
                Participant

I am not sure if there is blood in the urine. So i went to the emergency vet. They did many tests on my bunny. They even looked with ultrasound. My bunny completely healthy🙏🙏

I paid a bill as much as a house rent. I’m panicking because it’s my first rabbit. I go to the vet for everything.🤦🤦I learned my lesson. I will not be anxious anymore. My bunny was stressed in vain😔😔😔

• Bam

I’m so very happy to hear he’s perfectly healthy! I’m sorry you had to pay so much money though.

💗

It is often important to “overreact” when a rabbit has a problem. In this case it wasn’t, but you couldnt know that. I’m sorry I didnt see your post sooner. You are a great bun owner.

• Ert000
                    Participant

My bunny be healthy, i don’t want anything else. 🙏🙏 It had an annual check up. 😬😬

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Urine blood?