Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A The lovely Pringles got spayed, too!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    • kralspace
      Participant
      2663 posts Send Private Message

I wanted to say thank you to all the helps, hints and reassurances given to the bunnies that were recently spayed, I’ve been following all the threads and although still very nervous, felt a bit more prepared for Pringles surgery and post care. We got up at 5am to drive to Dallas and I slept in the parking lot most of the day while she recuperated. I was prepared for her 24 hours of wondering if she was actually alive in there, she was so lethargic and drowsey from the pain shot they gave her.

During the second day she finally picked at the plate of goodies, baby food and pumpkin (yea, I got it all) and pooped a little. I had taken the litter box out and layered newspapers with clean hay on top so she didn’t have to hop in.

Thanks to the threads and articles here I knew how to  carefully lift her and hold her to give the oral pain meds each day. Today she is so much better she nearly got loose, spit a lot of the medicine at me and is back to giving me the stink eye big time.

This afternoon she was so rambunctious on the floor of the condo I’ve confined her and Toby to I made a ramp and let them come out. She’s not binkying but she’s moving well without any hitching, as in feeling pain.She’s quietly exploring the house as if she’s never seen it before.

On behalf of the boy bunnies and myself, THANK GOD it’s finally done! She was always either sexually harrassing the boys or ripping her fur out to build endless nests. The night before it was done, she had chased poor Toby round and round squealing and grunting, complaining quite loudly about the fact he hadn’t the foggiest what she wanted….lol

again, although I didn’t post actively about the spay, thanks so much for all the help I got reading the other threads

Kathy

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Kathy that’s wonderful and I’m glad you had the info to help you through this as well as Pringles. I wish her a speedy recovery! I must say you are a dedicated mum to sleep in the parking lot!

• BunnyLugs
          Participant
          117 posts Send Private Message

Poor baby, it feels worse to get a girl done because they have essentially had a large organ removed, with internal and external stitching – ouch! With the boys it’s more like a lumpectomy! I sympatise how scary it is. I didn’t sleep in the parking lot! but I did have a tear, and I was worried about the anasthetic. You’ll find with each passing day she’ll be brighter and better still.

• Sarita
            Participant
            18851 posts Send Private Message

Congratulations on getting through Pringles spay. I’m sorry you had to sleep in the parking lot! I hope you are recovered as well.

• Deleted User
              Participant
              22064 posts Send Private Message

Glad to hear both you and Pringles survived her spay. Sleeping in the parking lot?! You are one dedicated bunny mama!!!

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

Kathy, I’m so glad that you learned so much prior to Pringles’ spay so it helped you prepare and give her good aftercare. She’s very lucky to have such a dedicated mom. It sounds like she’s well on the road to recovery.

• Beka27
                  Participant
                  16016 posts Send Private Message

i’m so happy it went well!  is she bonded with the boys yet?

• kralspace
                    Participant

I can’t believe the behavior difference already. This is the 6th day after surger and first without pain meds and she’s has really calmed down. She has taken up permenant residence with the newcomer, Toby. This has left Daisy very dejected.

I wrote Daisy a personal ad webpage and posted tonight, I thought I would send it to the 2 rabbit rescues in Dallas. They could get an idea of Daisy’s temperment (it is a he, I and the local vets were very gender challenged when I got him) and suggest which among their eligible ladies might be most compatible.

This one’s up to Daisy, he can choose who he wants this time. He still looks so longingly if Pringles wanders through the room, it’s so sad. I want a woman to sweep him off his furry little feet!

• kralspace
                      Participant

oh, here is the link to his page, I had posted under the Lounge forum too

http://www.discoverwest.org/bunnies/daisy.htm

• Gravehearted
                        Participant

the interesting thing is it can take a month or two to see the hormones really calm down, so it’s great that you’re seeing positive changes so quickly.

aww Daisy’s ad really is quite sad, poor lil fellow. i’m not sure you’re asking for feedback, but I’m going to share mine since I’m a nosybody! perhaps you can edit down the backstory a lil and focus it more on Daisy’s wining personality and why somebunny would really like him.
                          Although it’s a great story – think about it this way, would you answer an ad for a guy who talks all about his ex? haha!

• kralspace
                          Participant

that’s true, and it seems guys do like to go on about their ex…lol thanks for the input.

He’s got several offers to meet already, and it’s an easy way to tell my friends the story. They’re always wanting an update on the soap opera….hahahah

• Gravehearted
                            Participant

ooo I’m so glad to hear some other bunnies have been calling to answer his ad 🙂 Will look forward to hearing how things develop

• Scarlet_Rose
                              Participant
                              4293 posts Send Private Message

I’d like to hear about the damsels waiting for him too!

• BinkyBunny
                                8776 posts Send Private Message

That is really great to hear. So much of what you said makes me feel so happy since that is why the forum was started in the first place. Thanks for sharing.

• kralspace
                                  Participant

hhhmmmmm……..well, one of the damsels turned out to be a dude!!!! so I guess that’s out. But our application to one of the Dallas rescues was accepted this morning and we are invited to an adoption/dating event this Saturday, and they said there could be a total of 60 buns in all. Yeah!

oh, the reason I slept in the parking lot at Dallas was I’m to timid to drive in rush hour in downtown Dallas. She had to be checked in by 7am so we left early to make the 1.5 hour drive, I had to sleep because I’m not used to getting up that early. I still took a wrong exit just one exit away and wandered for an hour anyways….lol

• babybunsmum
                                    Participant
                                    3896 posts Send Private Message

an adoption/dating event with possibly 60 buns?!?!?  that would be sooo fabulous.  i’m completely jealous that you have an event like that to goto   you’ll have to post about the experience when you’re back.

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A The lovely Pringles got spayed, too!