Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Spaying

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Michelle Williams
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

Hi, I want to get my rabbit spayed – could anyone tell me roughly how much it costs, she is 2 years old

• Gravehearted
        Participant
        2428 posts Send Private Message

well it depends a lot on where you live…

I have heard people quote anywhere from $80 at a low cost clinic up to even $300. In my area about $150 is the norm.

You want to ensure to take your bunny to a vet that does a lot of successful bunny spays every year. So hunt for the right doctor, rather than the low price.  You might check out your local HRS website to see if they mention any low cost clinics.

this is a helpful article about spaying: http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/spay-neuter.html

finding a good rabbit vet:
          http://www.rabbit.org/care/vets.html

• Michelle Williams
          Participant
          5 posts Send Private Message

Hi thanks for that will look at those websites now

• Lucy
            Participant
            370 posts Send Private Message

wow! Average is $150 in your area? That’s crazy! Mine was $356 plus another $56 for a initial check up that they had to do. So it was over $400…And I didn’t go to the most expensive, I went to the second cheapest. This place had a vet that only deals with rabbits. I don’t understand why it varies so much…

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Sonik991!  

My first rabbit I got neutered cost over $250.   After that I adopted my rabbits from rescue  groups and animal care and control and the adoption fee included the surgery, and the adoption fees varied from $40 – $80 depending on the group.   So that saved! 

Also, sometimes vets prefer to do tests, like blood-work, on rabbits older than 2 years just to make sure they are healthy before they do the surgery.  So that can sometimes raise the price. So just make sure to let them know your bunny is two, so you don’t get hit with any unexpected costs.

Gravehearted gave you great links.  So keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

• Bunnies4ever
                Participant
                368 posts Send Private Message

Wow! I paid $90.00 for Kahlua and $120.00 for Chloe. That cost included the preliminary office visit before the surgery and pain meds. My buns stayed overnight and came home the next day.

• lilmizzsnickerz
                  Participant
                  318 posts Send Private Message

i currently dont have any income and am goign to get domino fixed as i have no imcome at the moment and stuggle as it is i was told i could get free vet care by PDSA http://www.pdsa.org.uk/index.html  i was just wonderign do you think these people are qualliflyed to do the job

concerned bunny mummy  =S

• BinkyBunny
                    8776 posts Send Private Message

You should definitely run some very important questions by them to see if they are experienced enough with rabbits.Here’s a link to the questions you should ask:  http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/vet.html#questions

• x liddo bunny x
                      Participant
                      314 posts Send Private Message

if you live in the oc area there is a post i did for vets in my area. i had to do the research a little while back and wanted to pass on the info. =) the place i took my buns to were great. and they LOVE animals to boot. that put me more at ease.

https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/forumid/2/postid/5803/view/topic/Default.aspx

• Hedi
                        Participant
                        969 posts Send Private Message

It varies just like where you live and the cost of living.

I live in Ohio and for a spay it cost us $120 per bun. A neuter is $105.

I agree with everyone else. Make sure they do buns on a regular basis.

• lilmizzsnickerz
                          Participant
                          318 posts Send Private Message

=)

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Spaying