Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Reggie jumped from my arms….

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bunnie2020
      Participant
      16 posts Send Private Message

Hi guys

So im probz just being paranoid as he seems fine.

But reggie doesn’t like being held so he can squirm sometimes but he has been fine recently and does let me stroke him and brush him but if I move he them starts to squirm. So just he did and escaped from my arms jumped out of my arms about 3 or 4 foot and lands on his back I think and then gets up.

He made like a wheeze noise for 1 second and then thumped his feet and ran under the bed he then was just washing himself I then shook his treats and he ate those and he keeps hopping out to me.

So he seems fine. But im worried if he could have caused a bleed or he might have back issues. Am I being paranoid and overthinking as he’s jumped before from my arms and fell but never on his back for me to gasp.

It was on carpet if that helps

Ps. He is now lying down under the bed

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

Hopefully he will be fine, but if he starts behaving weirdly, contact a vet. There is no general rule for how well a rabbit copes with a fall. You have done the treat test and he did get back on his feet quickly. Washing himself and hopping out to you are other very good signs.

Some injuries do take some time before they give rise to symptoms so you should keep monitoring him closely. Appetite, activity level, interest in social interactions, poop, pee -those are the major things to keep an eye on.

• Bunnie2020
          Participant

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

He has just gone into his litter tray and chomping on his hay. He seems normal coming out to my mom for his treats, running in the cage for treats.

How long do you think it would take for injury to develop if there was any?

Im just being paranoid i think worrying about a bleed on the brain or something like that 🙃

• Hazel
            Participant
            2587 posts Send Private Message

Hopefully he will be alright, a fall like that could cause nasty injuries though, rabbits are quite fragile. I wouldn’t risk it happening again since he’s so squirmy. If you need to brush him I would put him up on a table where you have better control, keep him in your arms as little as possible. The best solution would be to teach him to go into a carrier and then you can use that to move him around rather than carrying him in your arms. You already mentioned that he doesn’t like being held, so I would do it as little as possible.

• Bunnie2020
              Participant

Yes I know. I’ve had him for over a year now and I’ve always brushed him like that.

But now I’ll sit down and do it.

Im just paranoid about a bleed or something

• GraceandFlopsie
                Participant
                31 posts Send Private Message

This has happened with my bunny too. He seems fine, but if you think there could be a problem or if he starts acting weird then contact a vet. I have noticed that whenever bunny, Flopsie, gets mad a me he thumps his back feet and runs a few feet away from me. I think that it means that he might be mad or annoyed.

• Bunnie2020
                  Participant

Its been a month now and tbh i forgot about it until today.

He seems fine nothing seemed to arise from it. Its just when  I think about it it scares me.

Thanks

• Bam
                    16877 posts Send Private Message

Thank you for the update! Great outcome!

It really is super scary when they do stuff like that.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Reggie jumped from my arms….