Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Peeing when getting treat

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • whispercalm
      Participant
      89 posts Send Private Message

Charlie is getting spayed tomorrow. I’m guessing this is hormonal, but wanted to see what some others may think.

Charlie finished her last dose of Orbax for URI yesterday. She is doing well and I did check with her vet to make sure it was still ok to get her spayed tomorrow.

This morning my husband told me when he gave her a treat before putting her to bed last night, that she peed on the kitchen floor while eating her treat. This morning when he gave her the usual morning oxbow vitamin tablet, she did the same thing.

She does occasionally pee outside litter box, but not very often and leaves poopies.  I figured hormonal and haven’t been concerned about it. She did pee outside litter box last night. Peeing while eating a snack is new. She is 6 months old.

She seems to feel fabulous and is very active. No indication of illness.

As far as any changes, I have just switched her from timothy to orchard grass hay this week hoping that may help her allergy issues. She seems to enjoy the orchard grass hay more and has been eating much more hay.

I also have her on a probiotic for gut health right now, but I doubt that would cause any bladder problems.

• MooseMouse
        Participant
        49 posts Send Private Message

This is unique!

Could it be she is like one of those dogs that pee when they get super excited?

Did you end up asking the vet or finding out why she pees with treats?

• Bam
          16877 posts Send Private Message

I thought of puppy dogs too, peeing when excited is very common in young dogs, at least in girl dogs. It’s like it gets too much for them, controlling pee and be overjoyed at the same time =D

I’d mention it to the vet, but just to feel safe.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Peeing when getting treat