Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Our sad news

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • flippersmom
      Participant
      213 posts Send Private Message

Some of you here may remember me telling about the huge lop at the rescue that my 12 year old son had fallen in love with – he had been named Double Stuff Oreo.  My son could not wait for each Saturday to arrive so he could go lavish this big guy with attention and was actually sponsoring him while plotting how to convince his dad and I to let him bring him home!!!  Well, my son and I took our summer journey to Arizona to visit Grandma for 10 days.  We were more worried about the bunnies living in our house, as we had left dad (who love the bunnies, but is usually only involved in the “fun” stuff) in charge.  To our dismay, we arrived home to a message to contact the shelter director before we came on Saturday – hmmmm, odd!!  Unfortunately, while we were gone, DS developed a severe case of GI stasis and passed away in the directors arms!!!  My son has been devastated (I truly believe that he has a heart when it comes to animals bigger than anyone I’ve ever known!!)!!!  He made a tribute ornament using pictures he had taken of DS to hang at the shelter, and grilled the poor director with tons of questions on exactly what happened.  When we got ready to leave, he asked what had happened to DS’s body and was told that they had kept him there (in the freezer, of course) in case he wanted to say good-bye.  He then asked if he could bring the body home to be buried in our yard, so he could be somewhere were he would always be loved – it broke my heart!!!!

So DS had a proper funeral and is now buried next to my sons beloved g. pigs and rat!!  I feel so horrible that I had to be such a mom and not let him adopt the big lug, so he would have at least been in a home where he was part of a family!!!!!

Binky free Double Stuff……..Binky free!!!!!!

• Miyuki
        Participant
        240 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to hear that your son’s favorite shelter bun passed on! I hope your son is doing okay. Don’t feel bad, you couldn’t have known. And even though he was not part of your family I’m sure Double Stuff was happy with all the attention from your son!

On a happier note, glad to see you back! I wondered where you had gone recently.

*Binky Free Double Stuff*

• jerseygirl
          22338 posts Send Private Message

Binky Free Double Stuff!

Sad news on your arrival home. It was good of them to let you take him home to lay him to rest. I’m sure that attention he received at the shelter from you & your sons visits brightened his day.

• princessangrypeppers
            Participant
            61 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to hear about that. I too have a favorite shelter rabbit, and I would be absolutely devastated if he died.

At least he’s now in the best place he could possibly be. RIP Double Stuff.

• LittlePuffyTail
              18092 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry to hear about the loss your son suffered. How lucky you are to have a child that has such a huge heart for animals. I hope that if I have children, they will be the same, like I was as a child (and still am). You should encourage him in his love for animals, people like him can go on to do amazing things for the welfare of animals.

• KytKattin
                Participant
                1195 posts Send Private Message

I’m sure DS had a wonderful life thanks to your son. I am sorry for his (and your) loss. Maybe DS was making room for another bunny that needs your son’s love even more!

• 2lops
                  Participant
                  347 posts Send Private Message

Aw I’m so sorry for your loss, *Rest In Peace Double Stuff ♥*

• bunnytowne
                    Participant
                    7537 posts Send Private Message

So sad.  Double Stuff was able to pass in the arms of someone who cared.  He wasn’t alone.  Wow your son is awesome.  Sorry for your loss.  Glad that you and your son can go talk to Double Stuff in your back yard.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Our sad news