Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Odd bunny noise

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • ScooterandAnnette
      Participant
      1090 posts Send Private Message

A couple of times today, we heard Aeryn make an odd noise.  Kind of a hawking noise, as if she was trying to clear her throat and spit out a spitball.  She has otherwise been acting her normal self:  hopping about, exploring, chewing her toys.  Has anyone encountered this?  Does this sound like something about which to be concerned?

• MarkBun
        Participant
        2842 posts Send Private Message

Check youtube for “honking bunny” and see if those sounds are like your bun’s. Sometimes buns honk when extremely happy.

• reds2212
          Participant
          42 posts Send Private Message

I am having bladder and bowel problems with my bunny and she makes a weird sound when they are beginning to come on but it comes out of her nose. The vet told me that this noise was a sound of acute pain. Is it really coming from her throat?

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

When exactly does she make this noise? It coud be something to be concerned about and you just may want to schedule a check up. I am also wondering if she is experiencing some sinus trouble. Is there any discharge from the nose? Is Aeryn eating normally? Anything out of the ordinary in the way she is acting? Is she hunched up in pain at all? Is the poop normal?

Oh my Reds, I hope a vet is treating your rabbit, that sounds awful!

• ScooterandAnnette
              Participant
              1090 posts Send Private Message

It doesn’t sound like the honking bunnies on youtube. If she was human, it’s close to the sound of hawking one’s throat before spitting out a loogie.

She’s also sneezed maybe half a dozen times today, but otherwise has been acting completely normal. She just stretched and yawned, even. No nasal discharge. Normal appetite. Oodles of utterly normal giant Aeryn droppings.

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

That was a very good description, albeit a little gross. I have to admit that I am a little stumped and wonder if it is an allergy problem.  Any more dust in the hay or litter than usual?  How about the food pellets?  Keep an eye out for nasal or eye discharge, you don’t want to let something go for too long, like snuffles. If it gets worse, a trip to the vet would definately be warranted.

• Gravehearted
                  Participant
                  2428 posts Send Private Message

It sounds suspicious to me and might be some kind of wheezing or lung issue. I’d recommend taking her to the vet, since it may be the sign of something that needs care or meditcation.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Odd bunny noise