Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New toys..

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • nicolex198
      Participant
      19 posts Send Private Message

What are some things that rabbits really enjoy playing with? I bought my rabbit Bandit some tubes and he really enjoyed those! But as time went on, he really wasn’t very interested anymore. So I tried a box & he liked it for about 2 seconds and hasn’t really gone back to it. He plays little a little cat ball with a bell in it that I bought him once and a while, but not very often. Tonight Im going to try a paper bag with some hay in it and see if he likes that to hide and play in. What else are some good ideas to let a little bun have some fun in!? Im running out of ideas.

Bandit playing hide n’ seek in his little blanket!

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Nicole, does Bandit have places in his cage where he can get his tender tootsies off of the wire flooring? It can hurt their feet quite a bit sometimes. Hmm toys, my two are picky as well and something I tried was tying a willow ball to the side of the cage up a little high for interest and they tore it apart. That is just too adorable him playing peek-a-boo with the blanket. Some bunnies like those keys that you buy in the baby section to toss. Maybe he needs some noisy toys? Try a canning jar rlid ring, secure a big notebook ring around it with a bell on it and fasten shut. Does he have any noisy toys? Some bunnies get bored with having the same toys in the cage all the time so it is recommended that they be rotated out at least once a week to maintain interest in exploring and playing.

• Toki+Pumpkin+Elmo
          Participant
          319 posts Send Private Message

I give my rabbits stuffed animals and they like to cuddle with it. I also make a small tent by hanging a towel in a corner and they like to play hide n seek with it.

• BinkyBunny
            8776 posts Send Private Message

A trick with boxes and tunnels – switch them around everyday, and hide a little treat somewhere inside, Also, block part of an exit so that they can see the possibility of it being taken down. Some bunnies then will make it their project to clear the entrance or exit. Use more carboard, paper towel rolls, or a phone book to block.

• nicolex198
              Participant
                Posted By Scarlet_Rose on 10/03/2007 7:22 PM
                Nicle, does Bandit have places in his cage where he can get his tender tootsies off of the wire flooring? It can hurt their feet quite a bit sometimes. Hmm toys, my two are picky as well and something I tried was tying a willow ball to the side of the cage up a little high for interest and they tore it apart. That is just too adorable him playing peek-a-boo with the blanket. Some bunnies like those keys that you buy in the baby section to toss. Maybe he needs some noisy toys? Try a canning jar rlid ring, secure a big notebook ring around it with a bell on it and fasten shut. Does he have any noisy toys? Some bunnies get bored with having the same toys in the cage all the time so it is recommended that they be rotated out at least once a week to maintain interest in exploring and playing.

Yeah, I have an area where he tends to hang and sleep that has a straw mat down. I did alot of research before I got him so that was one of the things I made sure to have for his little feet!  Would those baby keys be okay for a rabbit? Bandit loves to chew & I know that some things that are considered non-toxic to humans/other animals can be toxic to rabbits. He has alot of balls and stuff that make noise because they have bells in them, but he just gets bored with them so fast! I want to start making toys he can use, like out of cardboard and stuff because I really can’t go out and buy new toys all of the time (I also have a dog, bird, fish that I buy for, as well as rent/groceries & im a college student! So you can imagine how tough it would be to go out and buy new toys all of the time!!)

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

Oh I can definately sympathize with being a college student, it doesn’t get much better after graduation and you have to start paying loans (ugh). Cardboard boxes are great entertainment for a bunny.  They keys as long as they are the large plastic ones are OK. But like you said, make your own, there are some neat things you can do on the cheap! We’ve got a post on Home made toys, you just might want to check out!

• nicolex198
                  Participant

Luckily I wont have to deal with loans after graduation, military pays for my schooling! So that will be a plus! Then I’ll have all the extra money to spend on my little animals! Thanks, I’ll have to check out the forum for homemade toys. I am thinking of making a cardboard castle maybe tomorrow or this weekend on a day off. I just need to find some empty boxes! Just want to keep my little bun happy and let him have fun all of the time! Just need to brainstorm I guess!!

• Beka27
                    Participant
                    16016 posts Send Private Message

my girl likes anything she can throw.  i’ve given her the baby keys (which she loves… and they are cheap… only about two dollars), plastic lids from various containers, folgers coffee cans (the big plastic red ones, not the metal ones), she’s even raided some of my son’s toys.  he’ll play with his little matchbox cars on the floor, and Meadow will sneak up behind him, grab one with her teeth, and run away.  if you’re not sure if something is safe for your bunny, i would just make sure to stay in close proximity to make sure they don’t tear it apart or ingest a small piece.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New toys..