Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A New Condo

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    • brad
      Participant
      22 posts Send Private Message

yes i finally made ellie a new condo it is made of plywood,screen, and most of all plexi glass here r some pics…

182113265771.jpg
        182113276654.jpg
        182113295458.jpg
        18211336329.jpg
        182113312531.jpg

• luvmybuns
        Participant
        65 posts Send Private Message

It looks like Ellie will totally enjoy her new condo.   Nice pictures. 

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

Awe very cool! I hope she can get around in it OK!

• brad
            Participant

here r some of her in her new cage

1821534821254.jpg
              1821534827558.jpg

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant

How very cool! Are you going to put any sea grass mats or anything down for traction?

• brad
                Participant

i have been trying to get something for her for traction but im still workin on it

• Scarlet_Rose
                  Participant

Ah that’s cool! I was just cuirous and my word it is definately a process to building a bunny a new cage and fine-tuing everything. It looks great!

• brad
                    Participant

thx

• dmh426
                      Participant
                      433 posts Send Private Message

what a great idea. i think sophie wishes i was that creative!

• BinkyBunny
                        8776 posts Send Private Message
                          Posted By bames13 on 08/22/2007 7:58 PM

i have been trying to get something for her for traction but im still workin on it

If she doesn’t chew carpet, you could use carpet, get an industrial remnant kind and cut what you need.  When I had a cube home fo my bunnies, I actually used rubber stress mats and cut them.  (ya know, the kind you use on bottom of garage floors or like those lock together rubber mats for kids.  You just have to be sure she shows zero interest in chewing on it.  i was lucky because my bunnies loved the cushy feeling, offered great traction and was easy to clean, but they also did not eat it. 

EDITED TO INCLUDE:  Check out another discussion going on about just this subject;

https://binkybunny.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54&forumid=2&postid=10987&view=topic

• Alibear
                          Participant
                          53 posts Send Private Message

Wow!!! I think all these condo’s are wonderful and so great for everyone’s bunnies, I would love to make one for my Honey Bunny, but I just CAN NOT toilet train her so I would be worried that she would just poop and wee everywhere.

Do people only make these when there bunnies are toilet trained?

• luvmybuns
                            Participant

Alibear,  We built a frame for our condo to sit on (you can see it under "cool habitats".  I used "NIC" cubes (another brand, but I can’t remember what they were called.  I got them at bed, bath and beyond).  Anyhow, we use plastic latice for the bottom and then put a dog crate tray under it.  If they pee or poo outside their litter box it falls through the bottom to the tray.  We can slide our tray out and we just clean it.  The frame my husband built has a place for the tray to slide in and out of.  We can also wipe the plastic latice with paper towels and water to clean it. 

• Scarlet_Rose
                              Participant

Also as a side note, it helps to add some plexi-glass panels to protect walls. I found some 14″ by 12″ plexi-glass squares normally used for window-pane replacement, drilled holes and attached with zippy ties to keep litter inside and also hay as well. Yes, it is a must to have a bunny litter-trained before they can really graduate to a multi-level NIC home.

• Marie LaValle
                                Participant
                                29 posts Send Private Message

Wow, you did a great job on the bunny condo! I’m sure Ellie loves it! She’s beautiful!

Marie & Harley

• Alibear
                                  Participant
                                  53 posts Send Private Message

Where do I find “cool habitats”? Sorry if that was a stupid question.

• luvmybuns
                                    Participant

Alibear – Just go to the top and click on Bunny Info, the third from the bottom of the list is Cool Habitats.  No question is a stupid question.   If you don’t ask, you may never know.

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A New Condo