Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! New Bunny Slave!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lunar~Atticus
      Participant
      209 posts Send Private Message

I was on here as Whiteout but have changed my name and no longer live with Stu and Onxy. They have gone to a very spoiled home with a very special little girl whos parents said she could have a bunny as long as it was already fixed not being able to afford the cost of fixing so in order to make a little girls wish come true i sadly but happily gave her stu and onyx. she just loves them to death and her parents are thilled that she was able to get the buns she has wanted for many years. so even though i miss them dearly, they are in a much better home where they are the only greatly loved and spoiled pets.

with that said, i have gotten 2 new buns, both rexs, couldnt find a flemish giant, so i get the next biggest breed i could find and i happen to love rexes!

a bit about my 2 new little sisters, they were born on dec. 21, 2009 and was weaned by their mother when she had another litter on the 21 of january…that sounds awfully soon to me but maybe its just cause i dont know a whole lot about breeding of buns.

heifer, like the cow, is a broken black and white standard rex, she is the shy one of the pair

moose is a broken grey and white standard rex, clearly since they are from the same litter, and she is the outgoing curious one of the group.

both girls are very sweet and loved to be petted and fussed over. i cant wwait til they get bigger. i will post pics of them in the very new future and pics of the hay feeder i have created in their area once i modify it a bit for the design wasnt quite right.

• Monkeybun
        Participant
        10479 posts Send Private Message

!

Another Moose! My Moose is a black/grey/white dutch boy

4 weeks is definitely very very early to be weaned! 8 weeks is the recommended age for them to be weaned and separated from their mama.

Definitely require pics! And be sure they are both girls, you may want to take them to the vet to make sure, quite often babies are mis-sexed when that young!

• Karla
          Participant
          1624 posts Send Private Message

Welcome (back). Sorry to hear that you had to give up your bunnies. Hopefully, you can keep the two new ones.

I agree with Monkeybun that it is VERY early. A lof of baby bunnies die because they are taken too early from the mother, so I think you have been lucky. Next time stay away from a breeder who treat the bunnies like that.

• Beka27
            Participant
            16016 posts Send Private Message

I agree. That’s absolutely too soon to be away from their mother. I hope this does not cause long-term health issues. Have they been for a vet check yet? That is incredibly irresponsible of that person to allow the mother to be impregnated again immediately after giving birth.

• Lunar~Atticus
              Participant
              209 posts Send Private Message

they are doing mazing! they went to see the doctor the second day i had them, for i got them late in the evening after my vet was closed and they are VERY healthy so i was very pleased to find that out.

i dont know the whole story of how mommy got knocked up again, from what i gathered, they didnt realize she could get pregnant as soon as she did, for she was seperated after the first 24 hours of giving birth and he got her again within the 24 hour period. i wasnt aware rabbits carry for only 4 weeks. but i have talked to them since and the 2 are seperated and will remain that way til daddy gets to the vet. i do know they were told both were female and she got prego after 3 weeks of coming home, i and as do they, the 2 didnt want to start making a fmaily til they were settled in but lesson learned. too bad had to be learned the hard way. this is moms last litter so that i was glad to hear.

anyway, heifer and moose are doing amazing. i had a dwarf rex for the first bun and she died 9 days after i got her. i talked to my vet and he has said it sounded like the result of poor breeding and even though that breeder offered me a new one to replace the one that has passed, i didnt want another one from him. i couldnt go thru that again! it was very hard. i have been watching these 2 little girls like a hawk and they are soo different then the first little one, and the 2 adults i had rescued, these 2 are curious and affectionate and loving and the perfect buns for me.

these 2 little girls are home forever!!!!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! New Bunny Slave!