Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Neutered 2 weeks ago still pisses everywhere

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Kata
      Participant
      14 posts Send Private Message

Hi guys!

So I was writing about problem with Bruce my 18 months old rabbit I can’t litter trained and now I neutered him and while he was on the medications the problem with pissing all over wasn’t that bad because he was usually pissing at similar hours so I was just trying to take him into the cage when was the time for him to do the business and it kind of worked. Now after two weeks the situation came back to the way it was. He’s pooping in my room a lot and piss in the evening at least two times every time different place… I have no idea how to train him, I’m watching him but apparently not good enough cause he’s doing whatever he wants. Is it even possible to train him at all?

• Asriel and Bombur
        Participant
        1104 posts Send Private Message

2 weeks isn’t that much time after being neutered. It’s honestly a matter of patience for the first 1-2 months after they are neutered. Hormones can still be all over the place for a bit.

what have you done to try to train him? What’s his litter box setup?

• LBJ10
          16870 posts Send Private Message

Hormone levels will fluctuate for several weeks following a neuter. We call this the post-neuter craze. This period can last 4 weeks or more. I agree with A&B, give it some time. Let his hormones settle. If you need to go back to litter training 101 after that, that’s OK.

• Leasch
            Participant
            10 posts Send Private Message

I’m having the same problem. It is hard to pinpoint what’s is affecting my boy. I got him at 3.5 months he took a while to train and there was a lot of cleaning up after him until he suddenly stopped peeing everywhere, it was amazing. After a few months he peed on my bed again so I looked at getting him neutered. I was in the process of shifting flats at this time which then really broke his good habits. Now that he has had his surgery at 5 months he’s started scratching at the door too. I have a feeling this is definitely fluctuating hormone behaviour as well as a shift in environment.

It’s been a crazy time, I wish you luck with it. I’m sure it will be fine before you know it, just a bit of persistence.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Neutered 2 weeks ago still pisses everywhere