Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A need bunny boarding fast!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • MD
      Participant
      49 posts Send Private Message

I am going out of town for about a week, leaving this Friday, November 9 and I need to find boarding for my pair of rabbits.  I only got the bunnies 3 weeks ago and have no idea where I can take them. I am not comfortable having a stranger come into my home while I am gone to check on the rabbits.  I live in Long Beach. If you know of a good boarding place, please let me know where I can take them. Thanks!   

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Wow, usually this takes some planning and advance notice, especially for the most popular places and/or bunny boarders.  You can try contacting the HRS in Richmond, CA.  I know it is a bit far but it would definately be reliable:

http://www.rabbit.org/rabbit-center/services/index.html#boarding

Do you have a bunny savvy vet that boards?  Also, even if the HRS boarding is far, you might want to contact them anyway for a list of bunny boarders, they usually can give you a few referrals. I hope you can find a great place for them while you are away!

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

You might also ask the place or person that you got the rabbits from if they will board.

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello! The Bunny Bunch in Southern California does boarding. http://www.bunnybunch.org – they are in the Los Angeles area and the Orange County area and are great bunny people. Caroline – who generally does the boarding at her house – is the most fantastic knowledgeable rabbit person ever. Also, if Caroline is not available, they have an extensive network of foster homes and may be able to send an email out to the fosters to see if anyone can rabbit sit. It is best to call the number given rather than email generally, but try doing both. This is the group that did the large rabbit rescue in the Garden Grove area, so they are still quite busy from that so sometimes it can take a day or two to hear from her.

Also – I just remembered, I also once boarded my bunnies with PetSave Foundation in San Pedro. Also, a very nice rescue group. Here is the website: http://www.petsave.org/ I was very pleased with their services, and it was very inexpensive (only $11 or something I think) and all the money goes to the FOundation. Bona runs this group and is also a great bunny person.

• Gravehearted
              Participant
              2428 posts Send Private Message

It really would be best to have someone who knows about bunnies taking care of them, since the person will know the signs if your bunnies become ill, but also how to care for and play with your bunnies.

there are rescue groups in southern CA and many rescues do boarding as a fundraiser. I tried to look around their websites and didn’t see anything listed about rabbit sitting, but it seems like trying to contact them would be a good idea, since they might have a good reference for you.

you might try this group

long beach bunnies 562-964-3248 http://www.longbeachbunnies.com/  (the site looks kinda out of date though)

bunny bunch:  http://www.bunnybunch.org/about2.html

below is the vet recommended by House Rabbit Society in your area, you might call there to see if one of their vet techs might want to bunny sit for you or if they do boarding. I’m not a huge fan of boarding at vets offices, since they often don’t have a way to let bunnies have run / out time.

Dr. William Ridgeway, Dr. Carl Palazzolo     (562) 434-9966
                Long Beach Animal Hospital

3816 E Anaheim St. Long Beach, CA 90804  

San Diego is pretty far – but there’s a bunny B&B there. http://www.bessiebunnys.com/index.htm

• MD
                Participant
                49 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for the replies!  I contacted Bunny Bunch and got them all set up.  I’m so relieved my bunnies will be in good care while I’m gone.

• Scarlet_Rose
                  Participant
                  4293 posts Send Private Message

Oh that’s awesome! I am so glad to hear they were able to set you up! Now you don’t have to worry!

• Pancake
                    Participant
                    90 posts Send Private Message

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                      Participant
                      12067 posts Send Private Message

Hi MD …There is a page on this website with forms that you can fill out and give to your bunny sitter/bunny boarder..they are awesome, I would recommend printing them off and filling them out!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A need bunny boarding fast!