Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Myxo- RHD Vaccine side effects

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Kada
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

My bunny got the Nobivac Myxo-Rhd vaccine a little over a week ago. A couple days ago I noticed a red swollen spot on his upper eye lid. Today I noticed a red spot on his nose. He is acting like himself though, eating, drinking etc. Has anyone else’s bunny had these types of side effects from the vaccine? How long did it take for them to go away?

I asked about this on another forum and some people said that this is a quite common reaction to the vaccine and the spots should go away in a few weeks. However, on the vaccine package leaflet it said that these reaction are very rare so I’m a bit confused now..

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

I dont think the side effects are very common. The most common one is a sore at the injection site (a low grade fever is the other most common side effect, but since we rarely take our buns temp, this side effect probably largely goes unnoticed by the human).

My rabbits have been vaccinated with the myxo-rhd vaccin many times. I havent seen any side effects, but I know they sometimes occur. This year my bun got the new nobivac myxo rhd plus vaccine.

A long time ago my bun Bam got a reaction from either the old myxo vaccine, or the old rhd1, which were given on the same occasion. Those were the vaccines commonly used before the myxo-rhd came. My bun got two sores, 1 in each ear, and also a sore on one eyelid. This happened precisely 7 days after the vaccination. The sore on the eyelid healed quickly  but if I recall correctly it took a month for the sores inside the ears to heal fully, which surprised me since they looked so superficial. My vet said the sores were probably a reaction to the vaccine.

I treated the sores twice daily by rinsing them with saline eye wash and applying fucidine ointment. My bun’s reaction seems rather similar to the side effects you are seeing. My bun never seemed to feel unwell and he never had problem with a vaccine again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Myxo- RHD Vaccine side effects